Notices
ECU Flash

Flashing an Airtrek Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im keeping an eye on this as Im also an Airtrek owner and just finished my TD05 swap.

Mods are:
EVO8 TD05
EVO9 FMIC (dont recommend this as its a bit bigger than EVO 7/8 and needs bumper cutting)
EVO9 IC piping (see above, needed 50% custom piping)
EVO8 MR cams
SARD 800cc injectors
Grimmspeed BCS
AEM Wideband
(exhaust mods on the way)

Im awaiting remote tuning by a very reputable tuner (dont know if Im allowed to say who).

This thread comes in handy as knowledge base for the ATR.

Many thanks to GregM, Merlin and all others that have taken their time figuring the ECU out & making the data available to us!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi guys, anyone know how to do 1 byte load logging on the Airtrek?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:04 AM

Anyone try flashing the GTA rom without any issues? I want to give it a try to compare.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 02:22 PM

Not yet, been busy moving house - will hopefully give it a try this week and let you know results.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 04:51 AM

Hey guys, sorry been away for quite sometime.

Just a quick question, I'm starting a webpage for Airtrek users. Trying to get the old domain 'www.airtreker.com' but it'll take some time to obtain. So for the meantime I'm using the domain 'www.airtreker.tk'.

Anyway, do you guys prefer a Wiki style page or a forum type page? Since we already have a forum, I'm thinking of a wiki style page will be great for us. I'm planning to collect all airtrek documentations, definitions XML, ROM's, specs and basically anything related to Airtreks.

Need some feedback from you guys. Will be great if we have a central area to collect all airtrek resources instead of having it all around the forum's and other forums.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thesyko
Hey guys, sorry been away for quite sometime.

Just a quick question, I'm starting a webpage for Airtrek users. Trying to get the old domain 'www.airtreker.com' but it'll take some time to obtain. So for the meantime I'm using the domain 'www.airtreker.tk'.

Anyway, do you guys prefer a Wiki style page or a forum type page? Since we already have a forum, I'm thinking of a wiki style page will be great for us. I'm planning to collect all airtrek documentations, definitions XML, ROM's, specs and basically anything related to Airtreks.

Need some feedback from you guys. Will be great if we have a central area to collect all airtrek resources instead of having it all around the forum's and other forums.

A Great idea - I don't care as long as we can get the info - wiki style works...
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

I have just blown the manifold to turbo gasket. I decided not to use the genuine gasket and instead went for the metal card one that came with the manifold. It's a PITA to get this manifold off but it will need to be done...

Just for information - when this blows it causes a loud ticking noise in the engine bay that gets louder on load and eases off when you ease of the throttle. Just though I'd post this so that people can understand the symptoms and of course, the spooling is very slow...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GregM
The new xml for 89970010 should be able to be accessed from the below link. Let me know of any issues.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Oy...it?usp=sharing

Ho Greg, I have been using this for a while one one laptop to read and modify and it is great. My dedicated flashing laptop was not updated until recently and this xml would not allow me to flash.

I logged a support call with tactrix as I thought it was the openport cable and they diagnosed the issue.

It seems to be that the flashmethod>mitsukernel</flashmethod> has been changed to <flashmethod>mitsukernelocp</flashmethod> which is not supported by our car.

I was wondering if anyone else had had the same issue?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by limaynard
Ho Greg, I have been using this for a while one one laptop to read and modify and it is great. My dedicated flashing laptop was not updated until recently and this xml would not allow me to flash.

I logged a support call with tactrix as I thought it was the openport cable and they diagnosed the issue.

It seems to be that the flashmethod>mitsukernel</flashmethod> has been changed to <flashmethod>mitsukernelocp</flashmethod> which is not supported by our car.

I was wondering if anyone else had had the same issue?
Yes, same issue here, change the mitsukernelocp to mitsukernel. Everything should work as it should. One thing, i get funny engine temperature readings, i dismissed it being a sensor that needs to be calibrated in ecuflash, cause i get some imposible readings!!!
Old Sep 29, 2013, 01:30 PM

It depends on your ECU. Most 89970010's i have flashed (2002) take the Mitsukernal. My Airtrek 89970017 2003+ is more similar to evo 9 base and takes Mitsukernalocp. You just change it in the read method and you are away and smiling!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 01:20 AM

Cheers for the updated xml. Was just having a hard time tuning a rich tip in issue im having. New xml defined the correct accel enrich table yay!

Are the big maps about still gregm? Im running off the end of my maps!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Just re-scale the load axis and/or loose one or two low end load columns.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:33 AM

Yea I thought about it. Im pretty sure gregm has a rom with big maps though.

On a side note does anyone have a tuned timing map that I can look at. Mines really retarded and am hitting -2 degrees at peak boost
Old Oct 31, 2013, 04:35 AM

No help here Chubster, Im still getting tuned, but right now I have about 2 degrees @ 1.1 bar TD05.......
Ill have to get permission of my tuner to post up the maps once fully tuned.

On a sidenote: I get some screwy high readings from the coolant temp, might be a calibration issue. What do you guys have in the function of the coolant temp?

Also, my tuner cant get a good reading of boost, maybe something is offup in my version.

Im using GregM's definition and evoscan 2.9

On other thing: I cant get the logviewer to work in evoscan 2.9!!!! My logs only open in Excel.

Sorry for the offtopic rant, I would highy appreciate suggestions, once figured out, I will be sure to share with fellow Airtrek owners!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 02:15 PM

I just use the standard evoscan calc for coolent temp. Mine hovers between 87 and 97. I am running only a single fan though.

I dont log boost and when I do it will be through my zeitronix zt2.

I run a td05 at about 23psi.

Oh and try using megalog viewer. Its ment for megasquirt ecus but works great for me

Quick Reply: Flashing an Airtrek Turbo