AMS F1i + boomba 75mm

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMS F1i + boomba 75mm

[SOLVED]

Ohh, i thought ive posted solution ...
As John Bradley sad, there is small hex screw (Stopper), that controls how deep throttle butterfly is closed At my case it stopped the BF at slightly opened position, so whatever i did with ecuflash, physically BF didnt close fully.
So just start your car, let it warm, and turn this screw, and you will notice RPM change ...

Hello guys.
Installed AMS F1i manifold + Boomba 75mm throttle body with connector to stock pipe ( ETS short pipes ).
And now my idle is 1400~1600 rpm Made 1000rpm in ecuflash.
No matter how I play with timing at the idle area, with ISCV steps, with idle rpm error tables ... RPM stays at the the same 1400~1600 ...
At the logs I see 0 steps of ISCV , but if I rise the rpm to 1300 in ecuflash, ISCV steps is starting to increase. After 1400rpm at the ecuflash i can control idle rpm rock solid up to 2000.
Made the second test. Idle on driving set to +200rpm higher than at neutral. And the car set the rpm accordingly as well.
The second weird thing. When I accelerate the car, and release the throttle at all, car still rise rpm, more rpm at releasing the throttle, more rpm it jumps. For example. If I drive to 3000rpm and release the throttle, jump will be minor, like 100rpm.
If I release at 5000rpm, it climbs by another 500rpm. And if I release just before the redline, car drill the redline for one and halve second .
And the last wired thing. At the rolling in neutral car idles wavy 1500~1000, just before full stop it idles fine but very high as I described at the start
Could you be skins to help me with this ? What should I do? Is it problem from one source ?
Thanks.
P.S. The tension of the throttle cable is in spec. TPS is 11.72% at the idle. Throttle body is new, fully inspected and have no any issue...
P.S.2. Found that my Blow off valve is working not the same as before. Before, it did just quick and loud blow. No it is much more longer and quieter. Look like that i release throttle pedal slowly...

Last edited by LeXcite; Dec 5, 2015 at 02:34 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like a sticky TB is part of your problem.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Reduce your TPS aka throttle opening at idle and that should fix your issue. Keep in mind 11.7% gap on a 75mm is not the same as 11.7% on a 60-65mm stock tb. Try adjusting the biss screw and reduce the opening to ~9-10% while the engine is off and the key in the On position and let us know how that works out.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Reduce your TPS aka throttle opening at idle and that should fix your issue. Keep in mind 11.7% gap on a 75mm is not the same as 11.7% on a 60-65mm stock tb. Try adjusting the biss screw and reduce the opening to ~9-10% while the engine is off and the key in the On position and let us know how that works out.
At the stock it was 13-14% tps. the mounting holes on the sensor itself and Boomba throttle body is at minimum right now. I cant rotate TPS sensor any more.
Throttle plate on the idle is fully closed. There is no any gap. Idle controls by IAC valve.
There is no any BISS screws on this TB.
Still dont know where to look at.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Sounds like a sticky TB is part of your problem.
Just checked the TB again, and it rotates buttery smooth from 0 to 100 % . No debris, no any signs of contamination ... I Think it is "EcuFlash" problem, not the mechanic
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
When all else fail, perform a Boost/Leak test.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by LeXcite
Just checked the TB again, and it rotates buttery smooth from 0 to 100 % . No debris, no any signs of contamination ... I Think it is "EcuFlash" problem, not the mechanic
was the idle ok before you fitted the tb
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
There isnt a BISS on the Boomba like you are used to seeing, but there is a 2.5mm (as I recall) set screw on the throttle cable side. If you have a weaker sounding BOV also check for vacuum leaks behind the throttle body that will affect both available vacuum and the idle speed.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I am surprised the Boomba doesn't have a set screw!... I run the F1 with a fullblown tb so thought they maybe setup similarly.

Op, from what I have experienced during my installation is that the there isn't enough play on the throttle cable once you mount it onto the F1. For testing purposes, can you release the cable off the F1 and see if that fixes your issue? I am suspecting that the cable is in tension and keeping the butterfly open on the tb hence the higher idle. Release it from the bracket and note if the idle spd drops. This should be done as a test only while the vehicle is not moving.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeXcite
Hello guys.
Installed AMS F1i manifold + Boomba 75mm throttle body with connector to stock pipe ( ETS short pipes ).
And now my idle is 1400~1600 rpm Made 1000rpm in ecuflash.
No matter how I play with timing at the idle area, with ISCV steps, with idle rpm error tables ... RPM stays at the the same 1400~1600 ...
At the logs I see 0 steps of ISCV , but if I rise the rpm to 1300 in ecuflash, ISCV steps is starting to increase. After 1400rpm at the ecuflash i can control idle rpm rock solid up to 2000.
Made the second test. Idle on driving set to +200rpm higher than at neutral. And the car set the rpm accordingly as well.
The second weird thing. When I accelerate the car, and release the throttle at all, car still rise rpm, more rpm at releasing the throttle, more rpm it jumps. For example. If I drive to 3000rpm and release the throttle, jump will be minor, like 100rpm.
If I release at 5000rpm, it climbs by another 500rpm. And if I release just before the redline, car drill the redline for one and halve second .
And the last wired thing. At the rolling in neutral car idles wavy 1500~1000, just before full stop it idles fine but very high as I described at the start
Could you be skins to help me with this ? What should I do? Is it problem from one source ?
Thanks.
P.S. The tension of the throttle cable is in spec. TPS is 11.72% at the idle. Throttle body is new, fully inspected and have no any issue...
P.S.2. Found that my Blow off valve is working not the same as before. Before, it did just quick and loud blow. No it is much more longer and quieter. Look like that i release throttle pedal slowly...
Hey man, did you ever find a solution for this, I am stuck with same setup same prob.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 02:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by luisderoux
Hey man, did you ever find a solution for this, I am stuck with same setup same prob.
Ohh, i thought ive posted solution ...
As John Bradley sad, there is small hex screw (Stopper), that controls how deep throttle butterfly is closed At my case it stopped the BF at slightly opened position, so whatever i did with ecuflash, physically BF didnt close fully.
So just start your car, let it warm, and turn this screw, and you will notice RPM change ...