Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

First tune ever (Dual Map) What Happened with my Tune? Please help :(

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First tune ever (Dual Map) What Happened with my Tune? Please help :(

Hello,

So I got my car tuned by Daniel from church Automotive, I drive an Evo IX... And this is what I got out of it.

These are my mods to my car..

Perrin Intake System
Buschur Ported Intake Manifold
Buschur Ported Throttle Body
Buschur Ported Exhaust Manifold
GSC S2 Cams
GSC Beehive Springs and Retainers
ARP Head Studs
o2 Housing No name
Megan Test Pipe
Tanabe Cat Back
Stock Down Pipe (Will change on next tune)
Stock Intercooler (Will change too ets 3.5 next tune also)
Muse Complete Intercooler piping kit
1120 FIC Injectors
Walbro 400lph Fuel Pump
Samco Radiator Hoses
Hallman Pro Boost Controller
Stage 2 Competition Clutch (I believe this was what I put in 20k miles car gas 70k now.)
New Spark plugs
AMS Oil 10w-40

Daniel was telling me that my clutch was slipping so there was no way to get any gains out of it.. We tuned this on 91 @ 17lbs boost I believe, but he also added the map to e85 which I am currently running but car keeps leaning out on stops and shutting off..

Waiting to go through about 3 full tanks of e85 if it continues Daniel asked me to contact him.

My question is.. Once turned on e85 with a new clutch, how much should I expect out of this?

What clutch would you guys recommend? I am the first owner of this car and in 70k miles I have launched my car maybe 5 times, never been on the track and really only step on it when on the highway..

I was looking at the EXEDY STAGE 4 TWIN DISC PLATE HD CLUTCH MM022HD

Would that be enough for this tune? Would it be okay for a streetcar for comfortable drive? I am on a budget right now all those parts above and tune were all done within a 1 month period includes buying, shipping, installing and tune. So did spend a good amount of money. I just want my car to run properly now..

Please help!!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
If the dyno reads like a regular dynapack id say 430-440 on e85 (assuming it reads 5% higher then a dynojet).

Clutch wise, the MM022HD (Exedy twin HD) might be a little overkill for you especially since you mentioned "budget". It is a really good clutch, but not considered a budget clutch for your power level.

They are over $1200. There's a lot of other clutches you can get with your mod list and not overpower the clutch for around $500 area. Also since its a stock block I'm assuming since you didn't mention it, you want to keep the torque semi conservative anyways for safety. Torque is what makes a clutch slip, so when you control it, it will last longer for you.

Look into maybe a quality single disc like a sprung competition clutch 2100 stage 2 or similar

Based on what you said you do with the car even a stock equiv Exedy will last for you.

Im going to send you a PM with further detail on clutch options.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
If the dyno reads like a regular dynapack id say 430-440 on e85 (assuming it reads 5% higher then a dynojet).

Clutch wise, the MM022HD (Exedy twin HD) might be a little overkill for you especially since you mentioned "budget". It is a really good clutch, but not considered a budget clutch for your power level.

They are over $1200. There's a lot of other clutches you can get with your mod list and not overpower the clutch for around $500 area. Also since its a stock block I'm assuming since you didn't mention it, you want to keep the torque semi conservative anyways for safety. Torque is what makes a clutch slip, so when you control it, it will last longer for you.

Look into maybe a quality single disc like a sprung competition clutch 2100 stage 2 or similar

Based on what you said you do with the car even a stock equiv Exedy will last for you.

Im going to send you a PM with further detail on clutch options.

I have replied to your PM. Thank you for your response.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

You shouldn't even put this up here until you retune the car with a good clutch as your # should be way better than what it is right now. I am sure Tom will give you some good clutch options, i am using comp stge4 1620 street n strip and i am making high 300's .