Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Burping radiator please read

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Burping radiator please read

Ok, I just flushed my radiator with water hose I went through at least 3 cycles of shutting the car off n on each for about 10min , once with water hose and drain plug open, twice with both drain plug and radiator cap closed. (this is my first time doing this)

I need helping with burping the radiator, Im not sure if i did it right so here is what I did.

I topped off the radiator with coolant 50/50 no silicate,

Turned on the car and let it idle for 15minutes , while Idling I squeezed the upper and lower hoses a few times to get the bubbles out.

Everytime the fan went on, the coolant level would drop, once it went off it would start to rise again , It did this for about 15min finally I just closed the radiator cap, b/c it seems like this would go on forever.

What I want to know is if I did this right???? How long do I burp the radiator for? is 15min enough? should I have kept on doing it? what should I do now. Anything I missed please help me out here, I dont want air in my system and **** up my car!!!

sorry for the long post.
The following users liked this post:
Nemui (Mar 20, 2016)
Old Oct 16, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run the car with the heater on. This will circulate coolant in the heater core also.

Check it in the morning. You'll probably find your coolant resevoir low. If there were air pockets in the system. it will vacuum the coolant in the reservoir. Just add up to the mid level.

You should be fine.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the response, I drove the car around and did few hard pulls and everything is fine, the temp gauge in the car stayed normal, so far so good (knock on wood).