Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof candy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof candy

Just replaced Transfer oil with Redline Heavy Shockproof. That thing looks like candy syrop. Now I am not really sure if its liquid enough to protect the Transfer Case.

Any sugestions/ direct experiences please??
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

I just put redline HD shockproof in my TC, slight reduction in noise, although mine is not too noisey to begin with.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

i used redline in my 03 trans. t/c and diff. 3months later my t/c started whining really bad, had it replaced under warranty, a couple months after that my trans. started grinding 4th gear, had it replaced under warranty. they filled the trans. with BG syncroshift and put diaqueen in the t/c and diff. when they replaced that. after that it was perfect, i would never use redline again in my evo. in my 06 BR350 IX#005 i use BG in trans. and diaqueen in t/c and diff. the car shifts like it has butter in it.I know redline is a good product, i used it in other high performance cars i,ve had(domestics), but not in m my evo
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Going back a couple of year every one that was using redline in there tcase had
problems.Use only diaqueen in your tcase and pennzoil syncromesh for the tranny.
I used BG syncroshift once and when the tranny was cold it was hard to get into
gear.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RedLine HD shockproof in the TC is fine
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

I had AMS recommend me redline HD for TC, i was just worried since while i filling it I noticed its so much thiker than mitsu fluid.

Anybody put lots of miles with no ill effects?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

after i changed to BG a couple of weeks ago in trans.i noticed a big difference in the way the car shifts, smooth as glass. also removed res. pill and put on a ss clutch line, was like night and day. so the next morning i didnt let the car warm up . it was in the high twenties overnigh and i didnt let the car warm up i wanted to see how it shifted cold. to my suprise it still shifted nice and smooth and within 5 minutes of driving it shifted even ten times smoother then when cold. ilove this stuff and wouldnt use anything else in trans. diqueen in t/c and diff.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

This thread is about Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof not BG or anything else. I just want to make sure it'll run fine.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Danny23
i used redline in my 03 trans. t/c and diff. 3months later my t/c started whining really bad, had it replaced under warranty, a couple months after that my trans. started grinding 4th gear, had it replaced under warranty. they filled the trans. with BG syncroshift and put diaqueen in the t/c and diff. when they replaced that. after that it was perfect, i would never use redline again in my evo. in my 06 BR350 IX#005 i use BG in trans. and diaqueen in t/c and diff. the car shifts like it has butter in it.I know redline is a good product, i used it in other high performance cars i,ve had(domestics), but not in m my evo
You probably used the Redline 70W90.

Anyway, yeah Redline Heavy Shockproof is fine.

Last edited by twinscrewed; Apr 2, 2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i got redline in my entire car and it feels so much better just make sure u get the right mixing formula from redline like i did and it should be all gravy
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

don't know about the shock proof

But I used the reg redline 70W90 and it ate of the TC on a stock evo.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

i've had redline, in proper weights, in my tc case, trans and rear diff for two years, not too many miles, with no issues at all.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:09 PM
xme
Evolving Member

i had mine TC rebuild by John Shep and was recommanded to use Redline Heavy Shockproof ... its been in the car since sept i think and been over 25 drag passes and " knock on wood " no whinning at all ... and yes, its thick as hell ..
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Cool. That would make me sleep better Thanks

Originally Posted by xme
i had mine TC rebuild by John Shep and was recommanded to use Redline Heavy Shockproof ... its been in the car since sept i think and been over 25 drag passes and " knock on wood " no whinning at all ... and yes, its thick as hell ..
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Redline HD will work in TC depending on where / how you drive. Because it is so thick, it takes a long time to heat up to normal operating temp. If you live in a cooler climate or do lots of short trips, this will eventually destroy your bearings. If on the other hand you live in a hot climate and/or race the car (especially track use) more than street drive it, you will not have any problems.

Quick Reply: Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof candy