Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Electronic Cut Out Downpipe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Electronic Cut Out Downpipe?

Hey guys... Im looking to get an electronic cutout downpipe that I can hook up to the stock exhaust so im quiet and legal sounding on the streets but when I open it ill unleash the beast. I have looked into the QTP downpipe.. Which I love. I am about to buy it but it is a bit pricey.. Its 475 for just the downpipe with the electric cutout? And then they want 110 for the switch? Hmmm Is there any affordable/effective manual cutouts out there? Or is anyone sellingany used ones? Thanks guys! Shoot me some PMs
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

I'd probably do a manual. Just jack car, unscrew a couple bolts, walla.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a manual for sale btw
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

I was also going to go with a cutout. Start looking at the logs for open and closed. I know everyone says tune open and it will run a little rich. I was not happy with the logs so I didnt get one.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Go with the QTP, electronic is the way to go, as long as you perform proper maintenance on it. I have the exact config you are talking about, and I love it. You could possible even buy just the pipe from them, and fit the cutout later when you can afford it. Just have them make you a blank-off plate. I have written a very in-detail review that you should read before considering a cutout however. Check the QTP link in my signature, there is a review link at the bottom of the first post.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

2 of my friends got the QTP, and they are very happy with it.
the car is nice and quite but once they flip the switch it sounds like a desal car but damn the car sounds really nice at WOT.
one of them start to spit fire from underneath the car looks kinda cool, they really need a tune to get that thing running good.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:52 AM

3'' TBE with a removable silencer is all you need
Old Mar 16, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

have you ever considered a wastegate actuated butterfly valve. It looks like it could be pretty sweet.

Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HeRtYIXMR
Hey guys... Im looking to get an electronic cutout downpipe that I can hook up to the stock exhaust so im quiet and legal sounding on the streets but when I open it ill unleash the beast. I have looked into the QTP downpipe.. Which I love. I am about to buy it but it is a bit pricey.. Its 475 for just the downpipe with the electric cutout? And then they want 110 for the switch? Hmmm Is there any affordable/effective manual cutouts out there? Or is anyone sellingany used ones? Thanks guys! Shoot me some PMs
The downpipe comes with valve, wiring and standard toggle switch. You do not have to get the upgraded controller for $110.00. We think the downpipe is priced right. Still cheaper than a full turbo back. You can retain your cat and still be quiet when you want. Also makes more power than any other system out there. You cant go wrong

Any questions feel free to call us.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

hey dont get me wrong i really love everything about your downpipe... You will most likely be hearing from me soon. I will probably end up getting it.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

I know you posted this to find a cheaper alternative but to me its worth it even for the NEW price...and since this is in a technical forum and not the classifieds here is my experience....

I love my QTP down pipe!!! I had an AMS 3" TBE and since the install of the QTP I haven’t looked back

I have mine hooked up to my OEM catback for stealth reason (I live in Killa Cali)...

Here are my improvements open vs closed on a road tune on pump gas (the tune was left unchanged, only thing done was tap the open button on the electric box):

Here was my over all gains with the DP open vs closed with some cam gear timing tuning...and yes still on pump gas (91 oct) (Open with +2/-2 on the cam gears and dyno tuning and closed with -3/0 on the cam gears on my road tune)

Good luck finding a used one….but it is well worth even at the new price…Great product QTP....some great innovation here!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

im convinced! Im going with a new qtp dp electric cutout.. did u install it yourself?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

im convinced! Im going with a new qtp dp electric cutout.. did u install it yourself?
Yes I did....it was cake work!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

obviously the downpipe itself will be easy im just not too familiar with the electrical stuff
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

obviously the downpipe itself will be easy im just not too familiar with the electrical stuff
12v source and ground....thats it....the rest is already put together for you....

U can just tap into the fuse box to your cig lighter for the power and ground it where ever you can...

Quick Reply: Evo Electronic Cut Out Downpipe?