Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR presents the new FP BLACK HTA82!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok. When the time comes for Upgrading your Evo 9 to a Black I wonder what kind of price their going to come up with. I know right now their isn't a upgrade yet. And they are still working on it. I guess we can look at these numbers and get a rough estatment. (This is from FP site)

Evo 9 Turbo Upgrade to:
Red--$999
Green 73HTA--$869
White--$695

I wonder how much they are going to bump the price for the Black upgrade? I would guess roughly $200 dollars more than what the Red is. What do you all think?

???FP Black Upgrade--$1199????
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:19 AM
Account Disabled

all these FP turbo's and their names by color, Whats next FP BLUE with the HTA86 wheel....
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I think Kevin's pretty happy with the car like it is to be honest. On top of that the turbo/car isn't tapped out with the Red yet. It only ran 10.35 at 138 on a reflash and E85, that was at about 32 psi of boost. I'd like to see the car go in the 9's like it is someday if Kevin gets the urge to give it a shot.

I sell parts, everybody knows that and some will have you believe selling parts is a "crime". I don't feel the need to jump on every next biggest and best thing that comes along though and neither should anyone else.

The Red has already been proven to go 9.50's at 145 in race cars, take your combination into consideration, weight of your car, 60' times and such and if you aren't running something impressive already on your current combination then upgrading to another turbo isn't going to fix anyone's mistakes (well not always, could have a POS turbo combo holding you back).

The cars that have run 9.5's weigh about 2650 with no driver. Project White weighed in at about 3070 without driver. That's 400+ pounds, much of which is in tire/wheel/brake. Given that information Project White should run 9.90-10.1 or so. Until it runs those times I see no sense in changing the turbo on it.

Besides, I think Kevin's just enjoying the hell out of the car to be honest. I haven't heard mention of any drag racing plans with it. Honestly, that was one of the best cars we've ever built, loved that one.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I think some of FP's turbos should be named, "Blue vein throbber".
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haaaaa
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I think some of FP's turbos should be named, "Blue vein throbber".
lmao right so many damn color involved red white green now black. lol crazyy
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:38 AM

Good info David
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:55 AM

Someone asked about auto x-ing this turbo.... It has the same spool as an old GREEN.. Sounds awesome... When I get an evo, this turbo is goin on it.

IS this NOT considered "stock appearing" with the different compressor housing?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:07 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Obi-one
Someone asked about auto x-ing this turbo.... It has the same spool as an old GREEN.. Sounds awesome... When I get an evo, this turbo is goin on it.

IS this NOT considered "stock appearing" with the different compressor housing?
Not the same spool as the green, slightly slower than the red which is 800-1000 RPM slower than the green.

Your question was JUST answered (literally ~10 posts and 8 hours ago)! For goodness sakes the only difference in appearance is the inlet, and DB just said yes it is still considered stock appearing!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:17 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
How on earth could these turbos be considered stock-appearing? Stock-ish yes, but even an untrained eye will see the water pipe not bolted down, the big inlet, and the FP logo on it.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou
Not the same spool as the green, slightly slower than the red which is 800-1000 RPM slower than the green.

Your question was JUST answered (literally ~10 posts and 8 hours ago)! For goodness sakes the only difference in appearance is the inlet, and DB just said yes it is still considered stock appearing!
Sorry for missing that was said!!!!

And by OLD GREEN, I meant dsm OLD GREEN... 20psi @ 3800rpm.. We on the same page now....!!!!!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

On 93, 28-30 psi, how much hp/tq would the Black produce on a low reading dyno??? lets say buschur's dyno???

Is the lag noticible on a daily driver??? can it be a burden???
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fostytou
Are you saying the red is slower than the green by 800-1000 rpm????

I went from a green to a red & only saw ~300 rpm difference at most!

in fact, hitting 25psi was less than 200 rpm difference

I will post up a 3rd gear boost compare of the 2 turbos.....hell, i may also have a evo IX log to throw in there as well.

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Oct 22, 2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
On 93, 28-30 psi, how much hp/tq would the Black produce on a low reading dyno??? lets say buschur's dyno???

Is the lag noticible on a daily driver??? can it be a burden???
On a low reading dyno I'd say 5. Seriously, it doesn't sound like anyone has done 93 28-30psi. 9sec9 has lower boost runs it sounds like but needs to get the graphs.

Have you driven a Red? If the "lag" is noticeable on the Red then it will be about as noticeable on the Black, from what I've read.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I think Kevin's pretty happy with the car like it is to be honest. On top of that the turbo/car isn't tapped out with the Red yet. It only ran 10.35 at 138 on a reflash and E85, that was at about 32 psi of boost. I'd like to see the car go in the 9's like it is someday if Kevin gets the urge to give it a shot.

I sell parts, everybody knows that and some will have you believe selling parts is a "crime". I don't feel the need to jump on every next biggest and best thing that comes along though and neither should anyone else.

The Red has already been proven to go 9.50's at 145 in race cars, take your combination into consideration, weight of your car, 60' times and such and if you aren't running something impressive already on your current combination then upgrading to another turbo isn't going to fix anyone's mistakes (well not always, could have a POS turbo combo holding you back).

The cars that have run 9.5's weigh about 2650 with no driver. Project White weighed in at about 3070 without driver. That's 400+ pounds, much of which is in tire/wheel/brake. Given that information Project White should run 9.90-10.1 or so. Until it runs those times I see no sense in changing the turbo on it.

Besides, I think Kevin's just enjoying the hell out of the car to be honest. I haven't heard mention of any drag racing plans with it. Honestly, that was one of the best cars we've ever built, loved that one.
Interesting. I was under the impression, and Mike was very adamant, that my car weighed significantly less then project white. If that's the weight then the cars are near identical in weight without driver.

Quick Reply: BR presents the new FP BLACK HTA82!