Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another low boost thread after installing MBC.. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another low boost thread after installing MBC.. HELP!

Alright, so it all started with hooking up my used hallman boost controller. (I took it apart and cleaned what little gunk I found.) I tee’d into the bov line and wastegate actuator then capped everything off (turbo outlet, under intake, and the original boost solenoid which I left plugged in electronically) I took it out to set boost with my gauge I barely got anywhere when I noticed compressor surge.

So I take it back, check all my lines they’re fine so I switch over to the turbo outlet after some people suggested it. Same thing. Later I have a friend look at it and he finds where the boost gauge is tee’d in is leaking badly. I put in a straight piece of tube from the bov line to manifold and my acceleration isn’t any stronger and yes boost was turned down low for caution. I fix the tee’d in area with new hardware and come to find I’m only getting as much as 13 lbs of boost which is about wastegate pressure which is roughly 11 lbs. So I check out my lines and find a boost pill in an old line I was using on the turbo outlet. (the other lines are new) I take that out and try again now I’m only getting 11 lbs. Stumped, I tee back into the bov line to see if it’s better this time but nope, still 11 lbs.

I am beyond lost and tired of doing the same thing again and again. I know a boost leak test would probably be a good idea but the system was working fine before I touched it. I'm thinking about just buying new lines from the dealership and putting it back to stock if I can't figure this out. Did my messing with it somehow rattle something “loose”? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Not that it really matters but current mods are:
Downpipe, catback exhaust, intercooler, maf adaptor with cone filter
Old Mar 2, 2014, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try reversing the lines going to the mbc if they are backwards you'll only get wastegate pressure
Old Mar 2, 2014, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I would definitely try reversing them but I am positive they are correct, I've double and triple checked my work. I followed the diagrams in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...vo-rx-pro.html

Thank you though! Anyone have any other ideas?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It probably has the lighter spring installed.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

It did indeed have the lighter spring. Fixed my issue by simply turning the controller up more.