Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HEY SKUNK2, Should have listened to me. HOW TO MAKE YOUR TB WORK.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll look into both.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks so much for the input. I was about to spend the same amount and send my stock one to get it ported. I woulda kicked myself in the butt. The price is basically the same bec I need to buy another tps if I was gonna get it ported and pay the shipping cost. Woohoo! So far it looks like the FB70mm is my best bet.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 03:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommyfacekicker
Thanks so much for the input. I was about to spend the same amount and send my stock one to get it ported. I woulda kicked myself in the butt. The price is basically the same bec I need to buy another tps if I was gonna get it ported and pay the shipping cost. Woohoo! So far it looks like the FB70mm is my best bet.
be wise with the clamp on the throttle body. It has been clarified that the failures of the inlet side are due to using a t bolt clamp not appropriately sized. Constant torque clamps are best. I never ran in to this issue myself.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Tuned the iscv just fine, stock and on vipec. Also convenience of the set screw allowed acceptable tps <16% in idle circuit.
Clarification... I could never get the Setscrew adjusted properly on my FB. Also, 16% TPS is NOT within spec.

Max should be <15%.

Also, you can get the correct TPS sensor on Ebay factory part number, for 40~50 bucks.

Carry on.
The following users liked this post:
Tommyfacekicker (Feb 23, 2017)
Old Feb 23, 2017, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raceghost
Clarification... I could never get the Setscrew adjusted properly on my FB. Also, 16% TPS is NOT within spec.

Max should be <15%.

Also, you can get the correct TPS sensor on Ebay factory part number, for 40~50 bucks.

Carry on.
Which tps are you using? You said your tps is not within spec so you can get the correct tps on ebay. Maybe I just misunderstood your statement.

Last edited by Tommyfacekicker; Feb 24, 2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

I'm prob gonna order my tb in a bit. Thanks for the input about the clamp breaking the tb. I seen that on the forums about them breaking. Ill look for a torque clamp also.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

How do I start a thread? Can someone walk me thru the process. I'm having so many issues and I've been through just about every single thread that relates to my issue but none are exactly the same as mines. I wanna start a thread so I can specify my problems.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 05:26 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
How do I start a thread? Can someone walk me thru the process. I'm having so many issues and I've been through just about every single thread that relates to my issue but none are exactly the same as mines. I wanna start a thread so I can specify my problems.
Send me a PM. I live in Fresno and may be able to help you out.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 06:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Raceghost

Max should be <15%.

Carry on.
Less than 16% is indicating 15% or less. I've been through the iscv thread countless times when I was using the stock ecu. Same thing different wording.

I'm curious about your set screw issue. I loved the fb way better than stock!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

What is the set screw?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 07:13 PM
EvoM Guru

What is the set screw?
in this case on the fb 70 mm it sets base idle speed by cracking the blade slightly. T15(I think) torx with a jam nut.
The following users liked this post:
Tommyfacekicker (Feb 23, 2017)
Old Feb 23, 2017, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

Which tps are you using?
I was not aware of a choice on TPS. Here is my link, can you tell me the other part number or alternate TPS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181663376720...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old Feb 24, 2017, 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Less than 16% is indicating 15% or less. I've been through the iscv thread countless times when I was using the stock ecu. Same thing different wording.

I'm curious about your set screw issue. I loved the fb way better than stock!
I see. If you ask the legends, they say nothing more than 13%... Just saying. Most after market TB's wont get to 100% unless your in the high 13%~mid 14%.

I had literally one of the First FB TB's. I'm trying now to remember if it has a set screw... Either way, car struggled with steps just like the Skunk 2. High steps result in more of the epic issue of rolling into a stop and idle dipping to the 750 range. Or like the clutch stall when parking drop to 750 low idles as well. This is an issue in setting the set screw correct. Could not do it with the FB. SO I sold it.

in this case on the fb 70 mm it sets base idle speed by cracking the blade slightly. T15(I think) torx with a jam nut.
Exactly, this is crap/junk/dung/you name it. Our TB's were made to seal the Butterfly valve, and utilize the IACV bipass, and the TB Set screw Bypass. Leaky fly wheel results in unstable idle.

Only the Works/Milspec/Stock Ported or even the Skunk 2, 68mm I have, actually seal. That's why I continued with it, even though it offers both options of a set screw, and a throttle stop adjuster.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 05:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Respectfully, I disagree that one way is wrong because mitsubishi didn't do it, both are fully adjustable and we seem to be amending a lot of what mitsu thought was right just to get this far.

We have different opinions, I'm ok with that

Quick Reply: HEY SKUNK2, Should have listened to me. HOW TO MAKE YOUR TB WORK.