Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Leather Seats vs Cloth Seats
I think the leather is more comfortable.
37.50%
I think the cloth is more comfortable.
47.92%
They are about the same.
8.33%
I couldn't even tell the difference.
6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Leather vs Cloth Seathing!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leather vs Cloth Seathing!

I'm thinking about getting an 05 GSR, 05 MR or a 06 IX (Wow how much i've thought). But I was wondering if someone has compared the two, being the Leather and the Cloth seats. Is the leather actually noticeably more comfortable then the cloth? I will be doing some modding, possibly some heavy modding but since this will be my daily driver, and most likely my only car COMFORT is very important.
I'm not sure at this point how much modding I will be doing, but I could end up doing quite a bit so keep that in mind.

Ovbiously you guys can say well just go sit in it, well I have but its different when your actually driving so I'm looking for your guys's opinions.
____
Ronit
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Pretty much the same comfort, maybe a lil more on the leather side, but bling factor the leather definitely gets the nod. I have the leather package and couldnt be happier. Hopefully that helps some.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

When you were buying it, did you test out both before you picked? Or did you just have the money for the leather and didnt care.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ronitlancer
I'm thinking about getting an 05 GSR, 05 MR or a 06 IX (Wow how much i've thought). But I was wondering if someone has compared the two, being the Leather and the Cloth seats. Is the leather actually noticeably more comfortable then the cloth? I will be doing some modding, possibly some heavy modding but since this will be my daily driver, and most likely my only car COMFORT is very important.
I'm not sure at this point how much modding I will be doing, but I could end up doing quite a bit so keep that in mind.

____
Ronit

Leather is not necessarily more comfortable, just more luxurious. There is a huge difference. IMO, you don't want leather in a car like the Evo. It slides you around in turns, etc. I like the way cloth feels better anyways, unless I am in something nice like an Infiniti or something where luxury is the order of the day.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

it really depends if you are going to keep the stock seats forever. If you want the Evo to feel like a luxury car then get the leather. If you Mod or goto the Track often you should just go with the cloth. They both have their downsides it all depends what you really want out of your car.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

i'd like the leather package but i'd rather have the aluminum roof i think, plus, with the leather, wouldn't you slide around in the seat a bit more, not good if you're gonna do autocross
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

I have leather seats and I think that they are fine. I drove for 250 miles at a stretch and I was also out on the track this past weekend for 5 hours. I did not have any issues at all. It was quite comfortable. I just saw some comments about sliding around on the track. Unless you weigh a 100 lbs, I am not sure that this is the case. I am only 160 lbs and 5'7". Believe me there was no sliding around on the track.

I have a friend with cloth and I have driven with him many times. There is a little wear in his seats and some stains (from coffee), but they have held up quite well and are comfortable too.

I think that the leather richens the otherwise cheap interior though.

Last edited by evorr; Apr 4, 2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:40 AM

I have done a few autocross events with the leather and to tell you the truth I don't feel any more sliding then I would had withthe cloth seats. I wasn't sitting there wishing I had cloth. Now the sides I will admit don't come up enought to hold you like if this was a pure compotition car but the sides come up the same on the cloth seats. I really enjoy my leather it's nice and comfortable and hot as hell in the summer but it always looks hot.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
Leather is not necessarily more comfortable, just more luxurious. There is a huge difference. IMO, you don't want leather in a car like the Evo. It slides you around in turns, etc. I like the way cloth feels better anyways, unless I am in something nice like an Infiniti or something where luxury is the order of the day.
I couldn't agree with you more man...the leather looks nice but that textured "Recaro Sport Fabric" in the center of the seats holds you in on turns and IMO looks better, much sportier. Plus, suede is way Pimper than leather
Evolved Member

Maybe I'll edit my orig post, I am pretty damn sure I won't be racing, atleast not enough for it to matter.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

i autox with the leather seats and i have had no problems with slipping and sliding. When i do sit in my friends' cloth seats it feels more grippy but the design of the recaro seat, prevents you from sliding all over anyway. It all comes down to personal preference. Personally i like leather in my thirty-four thousand dollar car. I paid less though.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Yea I checked them both out, and I felt the leather was slightly more comfortable. Now I dont AutoX or race it at the track either so I wouldnt know about sliding around in my seat. The times I take corners hard I dont have that problem seeing as how the seats contour to your body so nicely. Once again though its my opinion and it really comes down to what you want out of your car.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

This is getting so tough, Basically I would like leather, but I also love the Graphite Grey of the MR and the little advantages I will get with it. In the end it might just end up with whatever I can find a better deal on, not what I actually want :\
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HiHeatEVO
--- Personally i like leather in my thirty-four thousand dollar car. I paid less though.
Exactly!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

ok, i never drove or even ridden in any evo at all, i just know it other cars with leather you slide. I guess I was wrong about the evo and sliding on its leather, I retract my previous statement about sliding with leather seats, but I'd still rather have the aluminum roof.

Quick Reply: Leather vs Cloth Seathing!