Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mods that didn't void your Mitsubishi warrenty?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Mods that didn't void your Mitsubishi warrenty?

I don't think this thread has been discussed yet and i thought it would be a good one to start. Also if the moderator's don't think this is in the right place, move it please, thanks. I had a couple questions about this before and Warrtalon helped me out a little bit. I wanted to find out more info on what will and won't void the Mitsu factory warrenty, mod wise. From what i have read and found out myself, from working at a dealership, most dealership won't allow many mods at all. Some may allow intakes, while others will void your warrenty with certain intake systems. It seems that most don't care about cat back exhaust but anything forward that they will most likely void it. Almost all dealerships will recommend putting in a turbo timer, so there won't be a problem with that. In my opinion, the car companies should put a turbo timer in the car from factory, since they recommend doing it anyway. But it seems that anything more then drop in filter, cat back exhaust and TT, and theres a good chance your warrenty could be void. I know all dealerships are different, some may be real strict on mods and other don't really care much. If you guys can post your different experiences with dealerships, and let us know if the dealership that you got your car at or the one close to you house is or isn't really strict on mods. So if you guys could tell us your experiences with dealerships and modding and if you don't mind tell us the name of the dealership so that maybe others can benefit from this. I'm sure there are some other evotuners on the forums that have questions about this too, so any info is helpful, thanks.
Will
Old Jan 3, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, different dealerships are different. For example, I had cams and cam gears along with a full turbo back exhaust, and all the other bolt on's and I still had my warranty. This was however due to a sponsorship agreement between the dealership and I. If I were you and you wanted to find out what did and did not void your warranty, just give them a call and ask. Like I said before, different dealerships have different standards.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ exactly what he said. Call the dealer and talk to the service manager or call your district manager and ask him/her.

that said.

Drop in filters normally dont void warranties and most cat back exhausts will not cause warranty issues.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

driving your car voids warranty stickers should be placed in all evo's

j/k
Old Jan 3, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was fine with warranty work with my intake, full exhaust, bov, grounding kit and surprisingly flash...although i dont think they looked for it....they just kept replacing my #4 plug lol.... it was only after the tcase went bad and ofcourse the clutch that they wouldnt touch it because of the mods
Old Jan 3, 2006, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blink2824
well, different dealerships are different. For example, I had cams and cam gears along with a full turbo back exhaust, and all the other bolt on's and I still had my warranty. This was however due to a sponsorship agreement between the dealership and I. If I were you and you wanted to find out what did and did not void your warranty, just give them a call and ask. Like I said before, different dealerships have different standards.
good advice^. i started actually talking to the guys, in a respectful manner, and trying to learn what not to do (the mechanics will tell you some pretty funny stories about guys in evo's) i am lightly modded, and they have never said a word about it.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

When I had my Evo the dealership I bought it from was horible they wouldn't do **** for me but then I went to another one (50miles away) and they were awesome friendly and great service this was much appricated after I damn near decked the last service manager
Old Jan 3, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Like everybody else said it all depends on the dealer. Mine happens to be a mode friendly dealership. We have a "dont ask dont tell " relationship, they never say anything about my mods and neither do i but we both know their there.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

i actually had the mechanic say he loved the way my exhaust sounded (Buschur) and that was it. i don't think he seen my EBC at the time, bt i got rid of it, and got a MBC, and have yet to go back for service since then. but i bought all kinds of stuff from Buschur recently and isn't put on yet, but i don't think it will be a prob with my dealership they are pretty east going, all they really tell me is keep the factory stuff and put that on if there is an issue. also if something goes wrong with something due to a mod they won't warranty it. EX- MBC, and say something happens to the turbo, well guess what not warrantied, that is if they find the MBC they also have a don't ask don't tell kind of service plan with me i love it
Old Jan 3, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a search!
Old Jan 3, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for all the quick replies guys. Just like i said before and just like what you guys said, all dealerships are different i just have to find out myself. It seems though that a "don't ask don't tell relationship," is what a lot of you guys are doing.

Will
Old Jan 3, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly some dealerships will void for anything even if they see that youv been launching the car. Other you can have a trubo kit and they wont void. What i would do if i was you, go to your regional forum on EVOM and search for a post about mod friendly dealerships in your area and if you cant find one start your own thread. Good luck!
Old Jan 3, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

I've kept my warranty with all the mods listed in my signature.

They've never given me a problem about anything, my car is actually in service right now for a new 5th gear syncrho. Plus i've gotten 3 wings, 2 new calipers, new interior, doors repainted, all under warranty.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=120045
Old Jan 3, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
I was trying to find that

Quick Reply: Mods that didn't void your Mitsubishi warrenty?