Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I Got A Rediculous Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Got A Rediculous Ticket

So me and a friend were out tuning my AEM tonight. We were trying to set up the boost solenoid and get the boost dialed in. Well that took some time of reading and changing some settings but we finally got it to work. Now keep in mind this was at about 1am, when we started. There was no one on the road, and we were out in the boondocks on some country road. Anyways, we were about finishing up and decided to do one more pull to make sure there was no knock (of course 1 more right?), when I go to pull out of the sideroad in front of a car that was probably a quarter mile away. Anyways I think nothing of it because what are the chances??? Anyways my luck showed through and it turned out to be a cop. I had just finished a 3rd gear pull and I guess he noticed I was going fast from a eighth mile away now. So he hits his lights, I was like well ****. So I pull over you know, turn my car off, roll down my window all of the way, and he comes up to me. License and registration, yada yada yada. Anyways, he was a young cop and I explained to him that my car had a "problem" and we were out here trying to fix it. I thought he would understand you know and probably tell me to go home. Well obviously he wasnt a nice young cop. It was now about 2am. He took our licenses and went back to his car. We proceeded to look at the datalog and make sure all was ok . He knew he had nothing on us speed wise, he was a good eighth mile away when he hit his lights. He of course told me I was speeding and driving recklessly, which I was speeding. So I guess he needed some backup because 3 more cars came, they have nothing better to do. Well I waited about 30 minutes for him to return after going through his lawbook with his fellow law enforcement officials, for him to return and give me two tickets.

The first ticket was for "Possession of a mutilated license" . What a joke, my license was chipped on the side. Thats a $70 ticket.

Now get this, this is the good one. The second ticket was for "Tire Screeching" . Thats the one that pissed me off the most. First off, my car has never "screeched" its tires. I have 18x10" rims with 255 tires on them. Not to mention, I was in 3rd gear and he was a good eigth mile away. I told him "come on officer, you couldnt have heard my tires screech even if they did, you were 500 feet away, how could you have heard that? He said "I know what I heard". I said my car doesnt screech its tires, its awd and has 10 inch wide wheels on it. Now I would be the first to admit if my car did actually screech the tires, **** I would be happy because that would mean I was making a lot of power , but they didnt make any sort of noise. He repeated, "I know what I heard". I couldnt believe he was standing there lying.

I signed the tickets and told him I was going to take this to court with my witness right here. He walked to the back of the car and put his sharp metal "ticket holder" on the trunk of my car!!!!!!!!!! I said "Can you take that off of the car so you dont scratch my paint". He said yes and continued to write things down, and did not take it off of the car. Anyways, he didnt do it and when I got home I could see scratches (wheres the tear smiley when you need it?).

Anyways, Im pissed. Is there anything I can do to get him in trouble or something? I mean the cop straight up lied to me, my friend, and on the ticket. Wheres the jutice in that?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unlikely unless you want to take him to small claims to fix the scratches which i'm sure the judge will probably just ignore and take the officers side.

Basically if he didn't sexually harrass you, beat you down, or abuse the nature of his station there isn't much you can do for complete ******* cops... sorry

EDIT:

I forgot to mention fight the ticket that's just stupid for what he charged you with.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Unlikely unless you want to take him to small claims to fix the scratches which i'm sure the judge will probably just ignore and take the officers side.

Basically if he didn't sexually harrass you, beat you down, or abuse the nature of his station there isn't much you can do for complete ******* cops... sorry

EDIT:

I forgot to mention fight the ticket that's just stupid for what he charged you with.
Yea, I am definately going to fight them. I think if you go get a new license and bring it to the court house to pay the ticket, they just let you go without paying. At least it said something to that extent on the back of the ticket.

I think the tire screeching one shouldnt be a problem to fight since I have a witness and everything.

Thanks for the help and advice
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Call his station ASAP and ask to file a formal complaint against him...DONT LET THE SUPERVISOR/SARGEANT talk you out of it either. Tell him that if his car had a dash cam, it will have noted his clipboard, and show him/her the scratches (either in person, or through photo). DO IT NOW!!! TRUST ME...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Get continuances and drag it out for as long as you can...be a pain in their ***. Plus there's less of a chance of officer DICK being in the courtroom, so the judge is more likely to let things slide. (not likely if officer DICK is standing right there in the room)
Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:24 AM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by fricci4993
Call his station ASAP and ask to file a formal complaint against him...DONT LET THE SUPERVISOR/SARGEANT talk you out of it either. Tell him that if his car had a dash cam, it will have noted his clipboard, and show him/her the scratches (either in person, or through photo). DO IT NOW!!! TRUST ME...
Yes, do this NOW!! Go down to the station or at least call, ask for a SUPERVISOR and tell them what happened and that you want to file a complaint. Take pictures of the damage also. The officer cannot damage your car and just walk away from it.
As for the mutilation charge, get a new one done at DMW and that is taken care of. And fight the tire squealing charge, if you do some homework and walk into court with a pile of papers and your witness, you mau just win that also. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

I Got pulled over for spinning tires on my MR2, I explained to the Cop the Car had too much power and these are the wrong size tires I bought it with , They were 205. He said ok you can go but be realy easy on the gas, also he told me i had to go to DMV and get a new licnces because mine had lines from my wallet on it. I have been realy lucky with cops. I do some stupid stuff and get pulled over but no ticket. LOL.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

You will be able to defeat the tire squeeling charge unless the judge is incompetant. Sadly, there's a very high probability of that, most traffic judges are useless.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Evo-L] I couldnt believe he was standing there lying.

[QUOTE]
Our crooked govt gets away with way too much. I'm sure this is not the first time he has done this, or the last. Now listen to everyone else and go file your complaint.

GL
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:48 AM

First of all, that really sucks and cops can be *******s, although to be honest the times Ive gotten pulled over, the cops were decent and let me go (knocks on wood).

The tire screeching (I think its officially called display of power or something like that) can be fought if you were cited for spinning your tires b/c as you said, its AWD with large tires.

And definitely deny everything, he has no proof that you were speeding or that you spun your tires.

Was this in your home town? If it was, just suck it up and accept the scratches. If you file a complaint, those cops will harass you to no end. I know its wrong and shouldn't be that way, but the police are the worlds biggest gang, and thats just the way it is. If it was in another town, complain away!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:03 AM

Continuations is your best bet. But I have taken the stand in a traffic court and won against the lawyer. I had a women judge and my Mom came ( I was 16) and she didnt want my Mom's insurance to go up so she let me go. Anythign to make them feel bad helps. Also search the internet for laws in your state that will help with your case and show you are knowledgable. Good Luck, you can DO IT!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Two of my younger brothers have gotten hosed on some major bogus tickets. They didn't fight them (much to my dismay) but I urge you to fight tooth-and-nail!

I also got one, but it was fairly minor. I did a U-turn on a highway. It was the middle of the night and no cars were even around. The sheriff was sitting in a parking lot with his lights off and came after me! What bs... I didn't bother to fight since it was like a $90 ticket and it wasn't worth it to me.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I were you I would consider myself lucky and walk away. It could have been much worse, a 3rd gear pull (90+) on the street could have been a really large ticket.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

ehh, dont listen to him, fight it to the grave!!!

First off im sure its a basic physics equation on how much actual power your car needs to rotate the mass of the wheels enough to spin them from a stand still (i have no idea what im talking about, but my highschool physics teacher told us he got out of tickets that way) and play the AWD game. Next ask for paint repair.. and show evidence of the scratches.. Where i come from, if you fight it in court, it CANT get any worse, only thing you can do it lose.. LOL

Im not sure but i think they consider tire burning an "improper start"

Next time pull a Homer Simpson.... Turn off your lights, he may think you are a ghost and just stop following you and cuddle with his cop buddy...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

fight it..my buddy owns a 1997 eclipse rs..non turbo...he is a maniack...anyways.. he screached his tires to where he did it for about 3 seconds long... cop pulled him over for the same reason..my buddy took it to court and told the judge that it was impossible to screach his tires becuase he had AWD..<--not true (rs is FWD) and the loud noise the officer heard was his turbo<--not true either...judge waved the tickets.. and my friend walked out a happy man... just fight it!

Quick Reply: I Got A Rediculous Ticket