Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

first time pulled over in my evo.....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first time pulled over in my evo.....

ok i was heading home from helping a friend put on his downpipe on his sti.

im about 3 miles from home doint the speed limit. (rardar detector was going off so i made sure i was doing the speed limit. cop is coming from the other directions. he flips a ***** and pulls me over. ( i was doing 55 in 5th gear )i was like WTF. he comes up an asks me if i knew why he pulled me over. i said i have no idea.

he said cause you havea a modified exhasut and was loud as hell. i didnt know it was modified i thought you had no muffler. . then he said you know its illegal in the state of NY to modify your exhaust period. i was like ok. he said i know you alot of tuner cars like to modify there exhaust. asked for my license and registration. and asked have you ever been arrested i was like no. He said you sure about that? im like yeah im sure.

anyways he comes back to my car after about 5 mins of running my license and registration and says well im in the holiday mood. i wont give you a ticket cause i know you wont change your exhaust anyway. he said marry christmas and ill see you next time.

this cop must of been extremly bored.he was about my age and pretty nice but still didnt think he had any reason to pull me over. makes me think that he seen my age and relized i wasnt some punk and then decided to let me go with no ticket. in a way i feel profiled cause i know my exhaust was no louder then some peoples i mean i was doing 55 in 5th gear normal cruise so it wasnt that loud. i just feel his justification for pulling me over was wrong.

oh and merry xmas everyone.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

what a tool are u shure you never been arrested?
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

i agree...profiling bastard..
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:58 PM

I wouldnt complain, you got lucky if you ask me.

As for profiling, it happens. Plain and simple. There is nothing you can do about it.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

i just got a ticket for my exhaust too. i was goin the speed limit and still have a cat. i was cruisin at 2500 rpm. the hks ti exhuast isnt even that loud... he said get silencer and get it signed off by the callifornia highway patrol or if it doesnt pass put on the stock exhaust.... i dont have the stock exhuast anymore. does anyone have a silencer that will fit my exhaust?
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its guys like that who give cops a bad name
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Punk cop jealous of your car.Just trying to prove he's more of a man.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

btw - what part of ny did this happen?
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

up in watertown area. north of syarcuse.

well i have the brushur 3 inch exhaust with cat. i mean yeah i can get loud with the exhaust but for what i was doing at that paticular time he had no reason to pull me over. honeslty its not that much louder then my stock exhasut.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

on the one hand he was a dhead for pulling you over and the questioning,,,on the other, he was nice and let you go....
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The cops in upstate NY...way north of the NYC line can be real jerks

I got pulled over too once in my Integra back then...

I told the cop I'm from NYC and the cops there dont bother me.
He said ok.....just keep it quiet, and let me go
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

watertown area - your probably the only evo in 100 miles!
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
watertown area - your probably the only evo in 100 miles!
belive it or not there is 5 of us. 1 chick *havent met her yet. 1 guy i know and another one that i dont know either and then the 2 in my garage. one is my brothers but hes away at war.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

no kidding. i would have never had guessed that many evos in that area. very nice
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by filter
ok i was heading home from helping a friend put on his downpipe on his sti.

im about 3 miles from home doint the speed limit. (rardar detector was going off so i made sure i was doing the speed limit. cop is coming from the other directions. he flips a ***** and pulls me over. ( i was doing 55 in 5th gear )i was like WTF. he comes up an asks me if i knew why he pulled me over. i said i have no idea.

he said cause you havea a modified exhasut and was loud as hell. i didnt know it was modified i thought you had no muffler. . then he said you know its illegal in the state of NY to modify your exhaust period. i was like ok. he said i know you alot of tuner cars like to modify there exhaust. asked for my license and registration. and asked have you ever been arrested i was like no. He said you sure about that? im like yeah im sure.

anyways he comes back to my car after about 5 mins of running my license and registration and says well im in the holiday mood. i wont give you a ticket cause i know you wont change your exhaust anyway. he said marry christmas and ill see you next time.

this cop must of been extremly bored.he was about my age and pretty nice but still didnt think he had any reason to pull me over. makes me think that he seen my age and relized i wasnt some punk and then decided to let me go with no ticket. in a way i feel profiled cause i know my exhaust was no louder then some peoples i mean i was doing 55 in 5th gear normal cruise so it wasnt that loud. i just feel his justification for pulling me over was wrong.

oh and merry xmas everyone.

I bet he owns a slow V8 that got spanked by an EVO...

Quick Reply: first time pulled over in my evo.....