Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

antitheft?? what do you think

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antitheft?? what do you think

Im very scared to leave my car anywhere because thieves are everywhere these days. So i was searching craigslist the other day and i found this... Let me know what you guys think. does this work? is it worth it?

wheel boot lock for JDM cars - $100
dont have a garage?do you worry about getting your car stolen at night?have a nice jdm hondas or acura?now you can lock it down to the floor and you will have a good night of sleep...easy to put the lock on takes less than 3 mins...no more thieves lol you can put this in your trunk so you can bring it with you everywhere you go and have your car parked anywhere without having to worry about getting stolen or even towed lol.......this lock is 100 UNBREAKALBE.....good investment..boot it or loose it....this is the most untimate anti theft item
Attached Thumbnails antitheft?? what do you think-boot.jpg  
Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stevo IX
Im very scared to leave my car anywhere because thieves are everywhere these days. So i was searching craigslist the other day and i found this... Let me know what you guys think. does this work? is it worth it?

wheel boot lock for JDM cars - $100
dont have a garage?do you worry about getting your car stolen at night?have a nice jdm hondas or acura?now you can lock it down to the floor and you will have a good night of sleep...easy to put the lock on takes less than 3 mins...no more thieves lol you can put this in your trunk so you can bring it with you everywhere you go and have your car parked anywhere without having to worry about getting stolen or even towed lol.......this lock is 100 UNBREAKALBE.....good investment..boot it or loose it....this is the most untimate anti theft item
thats can be an idea, if they really want the car they r gonna do anything for it so i think thats cant stop thief
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't we already have that chip in our key that is needed to communicate with the car to even start? Like the previous post stated, anyone wants the car enough, people can find ways.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that boot wont stop someone from breaking into your car and stealing your seats, radio and gauges....

its kinda rare that a whole evo gets stolen as opposed to people that break into them to steal parts from them
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats over kill if you ask me. get a good alarm with starter kill and you can even hook up a secret switch to fuel pump or ignition to cut signal. hide it in the trunk or something. its not hard to do and i have seen write ups somewhere before for the fuelpump switch.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
While every little bit helps, this wouldn't make anything imposible. A gas powered cut off saw and two minutes later the car is gone. I can think of two other ways around this just off the top of my head, and one of those is silent. "Untimate" Anti theft item? No.
Ultimate anti theft item? Unfortunately, still no.
Not to mention the potential for scratching your rims.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:00 PM

If your that worried about theft instal some sort of lojack or tracking device so that if it gets stolen it can be recovered.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lord Len
If your that worried about theft instal some sort of lojack or tracking device so that if it gets stolen it can be recovered.

While that is smart to have, that is like you said a recovery tool, not an anti theft.... it may be a deterrent but I would say it is not as strong of a deterrent as an alarm...

That is like saying, if you are worried about becoming obese just buy insurance so you can afford lap band when the time comes, instead of preventing the obesity by being healthy...

far analogy i know, but kinda works lol

if my baby gets stolen I dont think i will want her back, a stolen car is never the same....
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

I have a club for my steering wheel. I know that someone who really wants it will cut through the wheel but I like to tell myself it deters some of the amateurs. Also it adds peace of mind. I wouldn't get the tire lock that you're talking about though because that might grab attention. A thief might think you have something in your car worth locking up.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
that boot wont stop someone from breaking into your car and stealing your seats, radio and gauges
This reminds me of a question I keep forgetting to ask. I read on here before (but can't find the thread now) that someone once said its possible to weld your seats so that they can't be taken from your car.

I wish I could find the thread, but I think someone said it is possible to weld them down to the rails or something. Has anyone done this? If so is it possible to still slide the seats forward and backward?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

That won't do anything. I remember on Honda-Tech some guy had that on his integra type-R, one morning it wasn't there anymore.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:37 AM

I've got one of these...

by no means do i think it'll stop it being stolen, but it is a visual deterrent to stop your not too bright joy-rider thinking he'll have a go at stealing it.

Just tucks behind the driver's seat in a nifty bag.

you can see some more infomation here...

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/products.html

as previously mentioned tho, if someone wants it that bad, they'll have it regardless of how much you spend on security.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:33 PM

yeah i wouldnt waste my time with that, it might help deter thieves i guess but id rather get a alarm
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

You know what I have? Really good insurance. That's what I have. If someone steals my car. I get a new one. Fine by me.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 09:31 AM

problem is when car's are rare and hard to find.

I don't think i'd find another like mine as mint for the payout the insurers would offer. Remember they go by the book, not what it would cost to replace.

I've got an alarm/immob/tracker/kill switch... but i like to think that the s'wheel locki would stop the not-so-bright joy rider smashing my window and tearing up my ignition barrel to give it a try.

Quick Reply: antitheft?? what do you think