Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Compustar 2-way pager alarm INSTALL gone bad

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Compustar 2-way pager alarm INSTALL gone bad

so i pay an "authorized" dealer to install my compustar 2wss alarm. supposedly the alarm has 6000ft+ range but of course thats under ideal conditions. so i figure, maybe give me 500-1000? thatd be fine with me. but i try out my alarm once i left and it cant even make 2 floors above from the parking garage.

on top of this, they can't even get the remote starter to work for the evo. i have to go back with diagrams or wait for them to "research" how to do it because "the clutch has two sensors" or something like that.

anyone that has successfully installed this alarm with remote starter and gotten decent range, please reply - ill be going back to the alarm installers since i already paid (yeah i was retarded for payin full price - now im obligated to go back to them till they get it right). i stuck my transmitter antenna in the recommended area, top left corner. any better range when puttin it anywhere else? i searched and found the wiring info for the evo. will this help them out? im also gona bring the tech manual for their @ss.

Last edited by d3wu; Dec 8, 2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Compustar also and the autostart WORKS fine, you need to buy this BOX and put your EVO key inside so the engine can start. Because our car got the KEY immobilizer , as far as range goes HONESTLY unless your in a OPEN field all ALARM works about the same range. My works fine from within a BLOCK anything further it gets kind of weak.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

yeah they used a box for it but i think it was from dei. is there a different box they need to use? i thought the function of the box was just to hold it so the wire could tap into that box to know its there. if it is differeent, where could i get the other box ?

thanks for the info. i had a clifford matrix rs3 on another car and thought it was bad range. guess not . then again i live in downtown LA. maybe all the buildings and such screw up the signal?

Last edited by d3wu; Dec 8, 2003 at 06:46 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

U need to put a KEY inside the box and that key has to be programmed also. As long as your not in a building the range is usually fine.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Also you need to bypass your clutch so the autostart can work.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

yeah thats the problem they had! the clutch - they said it had "2 sensors" and it wasnt working or something. thats why i was asking for the wiring diagram of the evo for the stupid installer. i cant seem to find it in the tech manuals though
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

What happens if you try and start the car while it's in gear?
Old Dec 8, 2003, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

it goes buckin down the road...
Old Dec 8, 2003, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

yup..thats why you better use the turbo timer often so that you always leave it in neutral with the handbrake. but i dont have the turbo timer feature and have yet to worry bout leaving it in gear since my alarm installer is incapable of installing it .............
Old Dec 8, 2003, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have one in my s2000 and my EVO and they work great i can start my car from almost anywhere in a mall, it says 1.25 mile range but its more like .25 lol
Old Dec 8, 2003, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

a evo and a s2000??? what kind of crack do you smoke to make that kind of money!!!!
Old Dec 8, 2003, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

BALETED!

Last edited by rebelzx; Dec 8, 2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Hi...I recently bought an evo, and have been reading these forums for the past 3-4 months. Great info overall, thanks to all that make positive contributions. But I figure I'd have to reply to this post because it concerns my own problems as well =X My friend that works in a car audio/security shop is "Trying" to install my compustar 2wss-as. Everything seems to be ok except the turbo timer. I was just curious, is auto start needed to make the turbo mode activated? Or is there some kind of programming necessary to activate the feature by authorized dealers. And for the autostart system....where would you get that box needed to carry the spare key to activate it? Thanks in advance for all replies....anything will help =X

P.S. Sorry admins, I know this belongs in audio/security, but I think more people read the general forums. =X
Old Dec 8, 2003, 09:44 PM

I always heard it was illegal to put a remote starter on a car that wasnt automatic for the reason that it would go buckin down the road if it were in gear
Old Dec 8, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

i was tryin to find an evo audio and security but i couldn't so i posted it here.

the compustar is actually designed for manual transmissions so more alarm dealers are willing to do it.

i guess now we have another person who can't seem to install it. please reply and help us incompetent ones . ive read a couple people's reviews of how great the range is after they installed it, etc.

i have a feeling admin's are gona close it because, i agree also, its kinda off topic. but please keep it here for the reasons tama_mog pointed out. thanks

Quick Reply: Compustar 2-way pager alarm INSTALL gone bad