Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing, No Limit Motorsport, and The Shop...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Racing, No Limit Motorsport, and The Shop...

Hey Guys,

We always seem to hear when people have problems with companies or custom support, so I thought it would be a good idea to make public my positive experiences working with a few companies over the past couple of months.

About 4 months ago, my oil pump failed on my stock motor, and I ended up having catastrophic engine failure. I sought out to build a beast… I ordered a Stage 3 Buschur 2.1L motor and started getting some head work done. At the time, I purchased my motor through another company (*NOT Buschur*) and it did not include all of the parts that I needed, the company’s communication skills were terrible, I feel I was falsely led to believe I was saving money (as it was not mentioned that my motor was not including everything Buschur sells with it), and the engine was advertised as being in stock – which it was not.

Anyhow, this thread is about my good experiences, and I want to give these guys all the credit they deserve. Throughout the timeframe that my car was off the road, there were several times that I got stressed out, or over-whelmed trying to get everything exactly how I wanted it. I would like to thank a few people for helping me get my car on the road and being very professional while doing it.

1) Chris: No Limit Motorsport- Chris always gets me very competitive prices on quality parts. He is very friendly and shipping is fast and well-packaged. This guy has taken several orders from me, and has never let me down.

2) Nick: Buschur Racing- Nick worked very diligently to help me with getting missing parts that I needed for my custom engine build. His communication skills are great, and he was very prompt on getting back to me every time.

3) Dave: Buschur Racing- I wanted to make sure I was doing everything 100% how Dave would want things done as I assembled my motor. I reached out to Dave probably 10x on Evolutionm, and he always got back to me with the right answers and professionalism. Dave was also extremely prompt in getting me the answers I was looking for.

4) Dan: Buschur Racing- This guy is extremely knowledgeable. I spoke with Dan a couple of times, and he is a very smart dude. Nothing but good things to say about his professionalism and the clean cut answers and attention to detail he provided me.

5) John: The Shop- First time I’ve ever worked with a tuner who made me feel very comfortable he knew what he was doing. John just got done tuning my car a couple of days ago. When I drove it into The Shop, I kept it out of boost the whole ride because the car would drive fine under normal driving, but any more than a few pounds of boost and the car would run like crap. He completely re-tuned the car from scratch and is a perfectionist. Cool guy – amazing tuner! Best I’ve seen personally… works fast, and knows what he is doing!

6) Jimmy: The Shop- I was in desperate need of an OEM Mitsu part and didn’t want to wait a week to get it. Not only did The Shop have what I need in stock, but Jimmy hung around later than closing time, and he even drove to meet me for the part because he understood the position I was in. This guy runs an amazing business. Though I don’t know everyone down at The Shop personally, everyone there was very professional in what they were doing, and it was a very well run business. Jimmy also has one of the coolest dogs I’ve ever met down there.

Thank you all for education, dedication, and great work that you provide!

p.s. - Special thanks to my great friends: Jeff and Ethan, for giving me some extra hands in the garage – You guys are the best!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad everything worked out!

I agree with everything except with 'The Shop'. I'll never go back there again.

They put a jack through my floor-board. Enough said.

Only people that will touch my car besides me is the guys down at Dynotech Tuning and Doug Elfman.

-Bink
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:15 AM

Hey man, Ethan told all the CTEvo guys that you'll be joing us in our Foliage Run on Saturday, I can't wait to meet you and see the beast. I hope you make it man! I hear nothing but good things from everyone that goes to The Shop (www.theshopct.com). I can't wait until I get tuned by them next year!

Ben
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the great review. I'm glad myself and everyone here you dealt with treated you well.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:33 AM

i myself have never dealt with buschur or the shop but i've heard many good thing's soo to them and to you for dealing with that stress goodluck and hope the car works out for you
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benselements41
Hey man, Ethan told all the CTEvo guys that you'll be joing us in our Foliage Run on Saturday, I can't wait to meet you and see the beast. I hope you make it man! I hear nothing but good things from everyone that goes to The Shop (www.theshopct.com). I can't wait until I get tuned by them next year!

Ben
Hey Ben,

Yeah, I'll def be there!
My good friend Jeff will be cruising down in his X too, I think. Trying to get Ethan to commit, but I think he has plans with his gf.

Hope the weather starts looking up! :x
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Had my car at buschur, and talked to Dan for quite a while. He is a smart dude and answered anything I asked. Good business.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:32 AM
3wd

Great Review....Thank you for the information.....
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

It was great having you here at The Shop. Your car looks and sounds great. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing but I spoke with John when I got home and was very satisfied with the #'s your car made. I'm very excited to see what your car will do with a FP Black or a 35R!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by siceclipse
It was great having you here at The Shop. Your car looks and sounds great. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing but I spoke with John when I got home and was very satisfied with the #'s your car made. I'm very excited to see what your car will do with a FP Black or a 35R!
As am I!!! Leaning towards the HTA35R, but the black looks appealing too for a sick street setup. You'll see me again. I won't have anyone else tune my car now. John really knows his ****uff.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

You can't go wrong with Buschur. During my motor purchase from them David and Nick were two of the best people I've talked to. Very professional and always answered in a great manner.