Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO wing help please

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO wing help please

My daughter wants an EVO wing on her 2002 Lancer I just got her. I got the wing, its painted and put together. I was hoping someone on here could give me two measurements so I can drill and install it.

If someone could tell me the distance between , lets use the left (driver's side) edge of the trunk lid to the start of the wing post where it is closest to the trunk edge and then on the same side, the distance between the back of the wing post center, to the back edge of the trunk lid (where it turns down) that way I would know where it should be on the trunk. thank you for any help you can give me.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeBit!
My daughter wants an EVO wing on her 2002 Lancer I just got her. I got the wing, its painted and put together. I was hoping someone on here could give me two measurements so I can drill and install it.

If someone could tell me the distance between , lets use the left (driver's side) edge of the trunk lid to the start of the wing post where it is closest to the trunk edge and then on the same side, the distance between the back of the wing post center, to the back edge of the trunk lid (where it turns down) that way I would know where it should be on the trunk. thank you for any help you can give me.
On the Evo the wing is flush on both sides of the trunk and all the way towards the rear.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Put wet paint on the bottom and place it where you want it, then drill the holes where the paint is and you will be done
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by W_evo8
On the Evo the wing is flush on both sides of the trunk and all the way towards the rear.
Thanx!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steven121
Put wet paint on the bottom and place it where you want it, then drill the holes where the paint is and you will be done
too much work for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! have the gaskets for the bottom I will use for templates.