Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pricing on a 03 Evo 8??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pricing on a 03 Evo 8??

Hey guys

So I'm looking to buy my 3rd Evo.

I used to have a 03 Evo 8 back in 2005 it had 22k miles and I paid 23k for it.

I sold it and about a year or so later I bought another 03 Evo 8 with 25k miles and a 35R setup. I paid around 23k for that also
I sold that to pursue other things.

It has now been 4+ years since last owning one and im on the itch again to get one.

I am now looking at a 03 Evo 8 it has 21k miles on it with minimal mods. It has a clean title. The Seller is looking to get 19.5k for it. In my eyes I feel that the price is a tad high for a car that is almost 12 years old even tho the mileage is so low. The EVO's also aren't really much Of a "rare" car now a days.

I haven't been in the car scene for 4+ years so just trying to figure out if it's a good price.

NADA has the car sitting in good condition with the mileage at 14k. So I mean I don't want to low ball anyone but I also want to get the car for a good price.

I know IX's are going for around this price with 40kish miles.

Just looking for some input.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
His asking price is very fair in the current market for these cars. NADA? Ha! You couldn't get that car at auction for as cheap as NADA values it. And where are you seeing IX's with 40k for $19.5k? Maybe if it is salvage titled.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for the low miles I would say it is well worth the asking price, have any pictures?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:31 PM

BlueBook is pretty close to being accurate, the lower the milage the more the car is going to be worth in most cases.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

an 8 with 21k miles with slight mods? i'd buy it for that if that body matched the miles.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 09:26 PM

You won't find a clean evo 9 for 19k. If you did, u buy it. I just bought a clean 03 a few weeks back, 33k unmodded for <17k.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by auffy16
You won't find a clean evo 9 for 19k. If you did, u buy it. I just bought a clean 03 a few weeks back, 33k unmodded for <17k.
<17k is exactly what I'm trying to shoot for on this car. Id like to grab it for 16k the way the car sits now. I understand these cars "keep" there value but you have to add everything else into it. The car is almost 12 years old low mileage or not also they haven't stopped making these cars so there isn't a rareness to them.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by turbodreamz21
<17k is exactly what I'm trying to shoot for on this car. Id like to grab it for 16k the way the car sits now. I understand these cars "keep" there value but you have to add everything else into it. The car is almost 12 years old low mileage or not also they haven't stopped making these cars so there isn't a rareness to them.
If you offered me $16k, I'd tell you to go hit the road. You're adding way more into it than the seller even needs to. The price it's at now is very fair. And yes, they have stopped making them, and yes, there is a rareness to them. If you don't consider the CT9A rare (which *newsflash* they are), well one at that mileage most assuredly is rare. Do a nationwide search and tell me, how many 2003 Evo's are FS right now with clean titles, minimal mods, and 22k or less miles on the clock? You could probably count them all on one hand; you could likely count them all using just one or two fingers.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Here IS a link to a 05 Evo 8 out in NY at a Dealership that has 16k miles and they are asking 22k for it. 2 year newer car with less miles and is only asking 2k more than car im looking it. And with that dealer you could PRob even get it for 19k

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/16DCDBB3

Here is a another this one is a 05 Evo 8 with 29k selling for 19k. So again 2 years newer and only 9k more miles. And I guarantee you can drop this DEAler down also. Too bad they aren't the colors I want

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/16E98BCE

So for an 03 someone asking the prices of 05's with less miles and even only 9k more miles is high I feel.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:03 PM

Those deals look too good to be true
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
1) Not rare? Ya They'r getting more rare everyday. Just like any car in this world, with a population of almost 1 million in the city I live I can count on my fingers How many evo 8/9s there are total. I know almost every owner and they'r names lol. And the more rare with low miles the more expensive.

2) Fair price? Ya it's more than fair op, matter a fact it's suspiciously fair. If you don't buy it someone else will.

Also ix's with 40k miles don't go for 19k unless the seller is desperate so that's a rare deal. The seller will have no problem finding a buyer for that evo. Your talking like evos with really low miles for $19.5 come by everyday. Who are you trying to fool here? The seller or us lol

Last edited by RallySport9; Oct 23, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 02:22 AM

anything with low mileage is good deal if u can get your hands on.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

The op is talking about my car, I appreciate the forum member who brought this thread to my attention. Since we are on the subject, it's a 2nd owner car I've owned it just under 3 years. The price I feel is very fair and I was willing to throw in extras, an low mileage Evo 9 turbo kit and some misc stuff.

If the op doesn't like the car he can go buy one of the links he posted since they are "better"

For someone who asked for pictures:

It's kind of sad the op didn't mention to me anything about him not agreeing with the price after atleast 10 emails.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PatNy
The op is talking about my car, I appreciate the forum member who brought this thread to my attention. Since we are on the subject, it's a 2nd owner car I've owned it just under 3 years. The price I feel is very fair and I was willing to throw in extras, an low mileage Evo 9 turbo kit and some misc stuff.

If the op doesn't like the car he can go buy one of the links he posted since they are "better"

For someone who asked for pictures:

It's kind of sad the op didn't mention to me anything about him not agreeing with the price after atleast 10 emails.
It is the above car. It's not sad. I told you I didn't need the extras and after going to the bank Today I would email You and we could work on some kind of agreement. I Love your car and you have been a great person to deal with. But I can't offer you X amount If the Bank is only offering X amount . Wasn't trying to be disrespectful
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbodreamz21
It is the above car. It's not sad. I told you I didn't need the extras and after going to the bank Today I would email You and we could work on some kind of agreement. I Love your car and you have been a great person to deal with. But I can't offer you X amount If the Bank is only offering X amount . Wasn't trying to be disrespectful
It's okay I've been down this road with window shoppers before, good luck at the bank the price is firm so if ur gonna offer less I'd save the email.

Quick Reply: Pricing on a 03 Evo 8??