Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will Be Selling 2006 Apex Silver IX MR should I remove after market high end audio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Will Be Selling 2006 Apex Silver IX MR should I remove after market high end audio

About to put up a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX MR Apex Silver fro Sale, Entirely Stock, it has every single possible dealer - factory upgrade possible (lighter front mitsubishi aluminum cross brace, rear stabilizer brace, brake air giudes, front bumper air canards, oem sunshade, oem car cover, silver door edge covers) 55k on speedometer. In excellent shape, as an original owner I still have 100k powertrain warranty on it from Mitsubishi also unusual 100k warranty on catalytic converter due to Mitsubishi recall that has been fixed.

anyway the question

is I have a Pioneer Avic Z2 in it with Orbital Double Din Kit, Bluetooth, SiriusXM with traffic nav, and Ipon/Iphone hook up and controls on the Avic Z2 screen. Focal K2P compnents all around with tweeters, Two Alpine PDX amplifiers in the trunk along with JL W6v2 subwoofer driver inside in a WickedCas custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosure. The whole audio setup originally was put in in Bedford, NY for me and cost with install was $5,500. WickedCas was about $400 with shipping as a separate deal.

My dillema is should I go through hassle of removing the only mod I have is the audio arrangement and put in original mitsubishi deck with speakers and tweeters. I figured I can sell the Audio setup on Ebay for $2400 total, base on recent exact same items sold.

The car is worth about 25k...ish

Anyone experienced same thing, I doubt anyone wants the extra added weight that comes from heavy high end speakers and woofer. Anyone willing to put up 27k for the whole deal? should I remove Audio and car will probably sell faster

Last edited by futureal; Mar 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: add picures
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pull it, you will thank yourself when you have the extra $$ from doing so
Old Mar 14, 2015, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by steve0677
pull it, you will thank yourself when you have the extra $$ from doing so

Definitely