Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

how to turn of the srs light??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to turn of the srs light??

i have aem ems so i cant just ckear the code. i dont know what caused it and there is no fuse. anyone know how to reset it>??
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

it comes on regardless, with the stock ecu it will come on, to turn it off you need to go to factory or someone with the SRS scanner
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need a special SRS scan tool (the scanner is a lot of money.). You have a few options:

1) Remove the bulb in the dash
2) Bring it to the dealer, explain to them what happened and have them reset the SRS
3) Bring it to a higher end body shop as they might have the tool
4) I believe some Snap-On scanners can reset the light as well.

Did you unplug any yellow connectors while the battery was still connected? If so, that would explain why the SRS light went on.

If you ever have to unplug those connectors, disconnect your battery first (and wait 5 minutes since the air bags will hold a charge in-case the battery is destroyed in an accident), then disconnect the yellow connectors, then when your done with whatever your doing, connect the yellow connectors, then connect the battery back up.

-Bink
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
also on aem here. i had the corroded fenderwell connector and fixed it and now have the damn light. does the system still function correctly in an accident (assuming the connectors are all plugged in) with the light on? i just yanked the bulb, but i obviously want an operational air bag system.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
also on aem here. i had the corroded fenderwell connector and fixed it and now have the damn light. does the system still function correctly in an accident (assuming the connectors are all plugged in) with the light on? i just yanked the bulb, but i obviously want an operational air bag system.
That I can't answer, nor will I speculate on. I don't want you to die on account of false information.

Call Mitsubishi and talk to a tech, just to be safe

-Bink
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
You better to reset the system
Old Nov 15, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

ask a friend or a shop with an SRS Scanner to reset it for you

Last edited by dotman05; Nov 15, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by binky
That I can't answer, nor will I speculate on. I don't want you to die on account of false information.

Call Mitsubishi and talk to a tech, just to be safe

-Bink
Mitsubishi Dealers Tech`s know jack ****t. Since you run AEM forget it.
I run stock ECU but its flashed so Tech`s told me they can flash it to stock. I had idle high CEL Light so did some research and looks like IAC. Went to Mitsu dealer to inspect it and TECH said IAC is good is your tune that is not right. So went back to AMS for a retune and they said tune is good, so they did inspected the car and said IAC is bad. They replaced it and problem fixed. If you got moded Lancer is a wast of time going to the dealer. Coming back to SRS light, when I did my Steering Wheel I put 2 amp fuse to airbag connector to fix the problem. Worked for me
Old Dec 9, 2011, 04:38 PM

If you have an SRS light on the system is disabled and will not operate in the event of an accident. So, for safety reasons, you must get it reset. Also, at least in the state of Virginia you will not pass state inspection because it fails the safety standard portion of the test being inoperable.