Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Xxr 530

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xxr 530

Recently got a set of xxr530 17x8.25+35 for my 2005. The rear fits great but the front do not clear the oem brembos. Just wondering if anybody has had these rims as well in the same size and what spacer to use. I was looking at trakplus hub centric spacers. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:52 PM

Sux u went with knockoffs... Would have been nice to support the wheel industry...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:50 PM

I have the same wheels on the same car with those exact specs and I didn't need wheel spacers.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 03:32 AM

Would have been nice to get legit brands but not for a car parked on the street every night
Old Jun 20, 2014, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by 500+
Sux u went with knockoffs... Would have been nice to support the wheel industry...
He bought wheels. Sounds like he supported the wheel industry to me

OP don't listen to these fools. I had Volks on my cars for years and honestly got sick of worrying about them ( Stolen/rashed/damaged etc...) sold the last set, bought ROTAS for the EVO, and never happier

I'd never spend that $ amount on wheels again.

I guess if you drive your car from your garage to some meat head, dick slinging parking lot gathering. It's cool

Adding to this a funny story: Guy I sold last set of Volks to called me a month later cause he curbed them and obviously didn't want to spend the 800+ a piece on a new wheel. Asked if I knew anyone that did wheel repair.

My first though after feeling bad for the guy was WHEW!! I'm damn glad that's over with
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 500+
Stupid, pointless post.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe try throwing a spacer and extended lugs on it...
Old Jun 24, 2014, 08:01 AM

Finally found the time for this again. Turns out I need 12mm spacers. I was thinking of going with a pair from Ichiba. Here is the link http://www.ichibausa.com/ProductDeta...ode=MT%2D51112. Has anyone used these with Muteki SR48 open ended lug nuts? Curious if they will fit on these, they were pricy lug nuts. Ichiba doesn't list the length of the lug studs they proivde so if anyone has that spec, I would much appreciate to know what it is.
To the guy that told me I don't support the wheel community, would you leave your car parked outside every night with a $3,000 set of rims on if you lived in NYC? My car has already been vandalized twice in the past year and nyc roads are ruthless. Drive your car here for a little while with your fancy rims you support the wheel comunity with and let me know how they're so much better than my knockoffs when your rims are bent and cracked like your garbage perspective on life.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Walter1986
Finally found the time for this again. Turns out I need 12mm spacers. I was thinking of going with a pair from Ichiba. Here is the link http://www.ichibausa.com/ProductDeta...ode=MT%2D51112. Has anyone used these with Muteki SR48 open ended lug nuts? Curious if they will fit on these, they were pricy lug nuts. Ichiba doesn't list the length of the lug studs they proivde so if anyone has that spec, I would much appreciate to know what it is.
To the guy that told me I don't support the wheel community, would you leave your car parked outside every night with a $3,000 set of rims on if you lived in NYC? My car has already been vandalized twice in the past year and nyc roads are ruthless. Drive your car here for a little while with your fancy rims you support the wheel comunity with and let me know how they're so much better than my knockoffs when your rims are bent and cracked like your garbage perspective on life.
Don't take it personal man. I use to get mad over it too, but they have a point. The more people who make fake VOLTEX, fake BBS, fake VOLK, etc etc etc, the more these companies(who are the original creators, and spend a very large amount of money on r&d) stop making products. I don't think the evo community has ANY problem whatsoever with cheap wheels/products, just replicas being sold off as an original.

FWIW I was going to buy rotas but I couldn't pull the trigger. I saved up(took a while) and bought some RPF1 wheels(which are VERY CHEAP compared to many) and got original wheels that are ALOT lighter and stronger. At the end of the day, enjoy your car. Who am I to speak, though, my car is on depo taillights.

Last edited by Viegasjuice; Jun 28, 2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:39 AM

Would have been nice to get legit brands but not for a car parked on the street every night
Especially when driving the pothole filled roads of NYC...
Old Jul 10, 2014, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thedeadking
Especially when driving the pothole filled roads of NYC...
That's actually more of a reason to buy legitimate brand wheels.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running the 530s as well, but the 17x9.75 25offset. For DD wheels, I like them..nothing wrong w them..I do plan to get enkeis but my goal is getting motor to where I want first and work on suspension bits, then I'll upgrade wheels to something for track
Old Aug 14, 2014, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Recently got a set of xxr530 17x8.25+35 for my 2005. The rear fits great but the front do not clear the oem brembos. Just wondering if anybody has had these rims as well in the same size and what spacer to use. I was looking at trakplus hub centric spacers. Thanks in advance.
great wheels but you got the wrong offset. read post 20 below. the 527 and 530 have the same dimentions.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...xr-527s-2.html
Old Oct 5, 2014, 07:49 AM

5mm spacers would not provide anywhere near the clearance needed
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:18 AM

Picked up a set of these myself in the 18x8.75 +35. What spacers did you end up getting. Just trying to figure out if I should go with a 10 or a15mm spacer.

Quick Reply: Xxr 530