Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lasmariaspr
I bought the non nav touchscreen radio on Ebay and got my camera from ebay also good price from Hong kong, but when I went to install in my car the radio, , the grey pin connector that plugs in rear of radio, was not there. I looked everywhere, no luck on my 2014 Lancer. I have been looking everywhere for it , forums, internet , auto salvage, the people who sell the radio on Ebay without any luck. All I know is from a post is the pin is an 8-pin connector C107. Any suggestions guys?
Your lancer came without the touchscreen? They may not have included the plug if that's the case. The one in my Evo was just taped up to other wiring behind the radio, but it was easy to find. You could always go to a junk yard and get a plug and just run your own wiring to it.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a pro in electronics but this page has it quite pinned down.
http://www.engineershed.com/?cat=7
Old Aug 25, 2015, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How are you guys running the cord from the camera to inside the car/trunk? I've got the PYLE camera and everything ready for the install. That's the only step I'm confused with
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
How are you guys running the cord from the camera to inside the car/trunk? I've got the PYLE camera and everything ready for the install. That's the only step I'm confused with
I mounted the camera above the license plate. I took out one of my license plate lights and ran the wire thru that opening. I oval shaped the screw holes in the plastic light housing so I could turn the light a little so it wouldn't pinch the wire and damage it. Then I took the wire, ran it thru the rear bumper. Took out the passenger taillight and ran it thru the grommet the wires for the light go thru. Then all you have to do is remove the plastic kick panels up the side of the car.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 02:11 AM

Thats exactly what I have in mind. Should acc power come from reverse lights from the rear light bulbs? Anyone know where I can get the plug since I live in Puerto Rici and have not had any luck with junkyards so far.
How do I add pictures to replys?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

So just attempted this install. Got all the wires run and tapped the connector behind thethe head it like psy showed (the connector was already plugged in to the head unit) I first tried to power the camera by the reverse lights and nothing happened. Then I just put the power and ground to the battery and still nothing happens. The screen doesn't even change. Any ideas guys?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
So just attempted this install. Got all the wires run and tapped the connector behind thethe head it like psy showed (the connector was already plugged in to the head unit) I first tried to power the camera by the reverse lights and nothing happened. Then I just put the power and ground to the battery and still nothing happens. The screen doesn't even change. Any ideas guys?
You sure you're using the correct connector? Can you post a pic of the connector you're using plugged in? If you just plug the connector into the back of the head unit, have the car running or in auxiliary, and put the car in reverse. The screen should go black if you don't have the camera hooked up to It

Last edited by 02modlanceroz; Aug 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

Using the plug my thumb is touching.... It was already plugged in when I took the radio off the first time. My X came with back up sensors, wonder if that has anything to do with it
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:33 AM

This picture I found on the internet by writing DY-5MU4R69 showed a site that had the radio schematic and shows this:
Attached Thumbnails Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?-image.jpg  
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:34 AM

Maybe depending on the plug is the connection
Attached Thumbnails Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?-image.jpg  
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:37 AM

So far on my searches I have seen two grey 8-pin plugs.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:41 AM

The one Thisisagame has two maybe three, can't really tell., and this one has five wires. Maybe depending on your plug wires, is the connection to camera. As you see this plug has more wires than the one in thisisagame24 has.

Last edited by lasmariaspr; Aug 29, 2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:53 AM
Evolving Member

There are 3 wires on my connector.... Looked like psy connection that he showed
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:54 AM

My 2014 Lancer does not have the 8-pin plug. Went to the dealer to change oil and the new model had the radio and the rear camera, but they didn't know the part number for the plug harness. I'm going to tap in reverse light and use pysbin 3 and 7 slot. The only confusion to me is the radio schematic in photo mentions the camera in three slots. 3 + 7+ 6.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Just went to look at the top of my radio and it's the same part # that you posted ending in 4r69

Quick Reply: Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?