Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am sharing and requesting information on this post.

I have purchased a unit like this: 10.2 Android Radio for Lancer 2008 and up.

Please see pictures.

Beautiful Radio.

Installed it and it powered on, booted into the main screen.

I was able to set steering wheel controls and connect USB to unit. I was able to read from USB and see content and choose files.

Everything worked ok except it played no sound.

Unit came with Canbus for RF System *see picture.

I had to sent unit back today.

The 2014 and 2015 Evos with RF System seem to be different in connections as the
2008 to 2013 models.

On the other EvoX Forum someone else with a 2014 has the same problem I have
with my 2015.

If any of you with a 2014-2015 RF System have been able to get it to play sound
please post the unit you got.

Hope this helps and we can get some good answers as what is needed to make it work on the 2014-2015 models.
Attached Thumbnails 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo-20160329_122014.jpg   10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo-20160503_131453.jpg   10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo-20160503_131955.jpg  
Old May 4, 2016, 03:54 AM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
I am sharing and requesting information on this post.

I have purchased a unit like this: 10.2 Android Radio for Lancer 2008 and up.

Please see pictures.

Beautiful Radio.

Installed it and it powered on, booted into the main screen.

I was able to set steering wheel controls and connect USB to unit. I was able to read from USB and see content and choose files.

Everything worked ok except it played no sound.

Unit came with Canbus for RF System *see picture.

I had to sent unit back today.

The 2014 and 2015 Evos with RF System seem to be different in connections as the
2008 to 2013 models.

On the other EvoX Forum someone else with a 2014 has the same problem I have
with my 2015.

If any of you with a 2014-2015 RF System have been able to get it to play sound
please post the unit you got.

Hope this helps and we can get some good answers as what is needed to make it work on the 2014-2015 models.

You are supposed to connect the rca of the harness to the rca of the 10.2 head unit ( like axxess mito 2 ) ... The RF amplifier gets the audio signal from the rca ...
Old May 4, 2016, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which unit would I use if I don't have RF? And did I read right theres Android or Windows ones? Advantage one over the other.

Im running a seprate amp, and speakers plus I have Lc7i if needed also so basically I just need a signal from the head unit to work with steering controls, USB, blutooth.
Old May 4, 2016, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so from what im reading-- this is plug and play 100% if you dont have the RF system. im running a 2015 evo touchscreen radio. should this be a plug and play with the steering wheel controls working? can anyone confirm that nothing else is needed such as axxess?
Old May 4, 2016, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Doe
You are supposed to connect the rca of the harness to the rca of the 10.2 head unit ( like axxess mito 2 ) ... The RF amplifier gets the audio signal from the rca ...
Thanks Doe

So if you are looking at the picture of the harness's I posted, the one with the 2 red and 2 white RCA's gets connected to the separate RCA harness that has all those RCA's?

If that is the case I will shoot my self in the foot lol.

I sent the unit back yesterday .

Let me know.
Old May 4, 2016, 08:35 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Thanks Doe

So if you are looking at the picture of the harness's I posted, the one with the 2 red and 2 white RCA's gets connected to the separate RCA harness that has all those RCA's?

If that is the case I will shoot my self in the foot lol.

I sent the unit back yesterday .

Let me know.

I would still prefer to have a separate aftermarket amp ... im still getting the random on and off sounds occasionally ... Good thing , i dont play my music that loud anymore ... I havent change the rf stock amplifier ...

It's not your fault bro ... Majority of stock radios now a days are made like the evo head unit ...
Old May 4, 2016, 08:39 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by AlphaXero
so from what im reading-- this is plug and play 100% if you dont have the RF system. im running a 2015 evo touchscreen radio. should this be a plug and play with the steering wheel controls working? can anyone confirm that nothing else is needed such as axxess?
I have 2015 evo mr .. You will need the axxess mito 03 to get the sound to come out ... steering wheel control is built in on this unit ... If you are going aftermarket amplifier ... the axxess mito 03 is useless !!!
Old May 4, 2016, 08:43 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T
Which unit would I use if I don't have RF? And did I read right theres Android or Windows ones? Advantage one over the other.

Im running a seprate amp, and speakers plus I have Lc7i if needed also so basically I just need a signal from the head unit to work with steering controls, USB, blutooth.
Since you are running a separate amp ... You dont need the rf sound package harness ... I can speak on this unit ... Save your money and buy the non rf package !!! So far , anyone that sees this unit think its done by the factory ... Its looks that nice ...imo
Old May 4, 2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doe
Since you are running a separate amp ... You dont need the rf sound package harness ... I can speak on this unit ... Save your money and buy the non rf package !!! So far , anyone that sees this unit think its done by the factory ... Its looks that nice ...imo
Can you liknk here or PM to everything I will need much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by FACT0RY PIL0T; May 4, 2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old May 4, 2016, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doe
I have 2015 evo mr .. You will need the axxess mito 03 to get the sound to come out ... steering wheel control is built in on this unit ... If you are going aftermarket amplifier ... the axxess mito 03 is useless !!!
sorry if im not understanding- but i DONT have the RFS. i have the standard sound system. Does anyone know if the mito 03 is required?
Old May 4, 2016, 05:50 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by AlphaXero
sorry if im not understanding- but i DONT have the RFS. i have the standard sound system. Does anyone know if the mito 03 is required?

Look under the driver seat ... if there's a black metal box about 8 inch by 8 inch ... then you have a the Rockford Fosgate sound system. If you don't have it. Even better. You just need to buy the android unit ... Its a plug and play install.
Old May 4, 2016, 05:55 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T
Can you liknk here or PM to everything I will need much appreciated. Thanks
You just need the android unit and maybe a 3.5 mm audio extension for the phone mic ... if you want to relocate the android head unit mic on the factory location ( which is inside the light dimmer right above the rear view mirror ) ...
Old May 5, 2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Doe
Look under the driver seat ... if there's a black metal box about 8 inch by 8 inch ... then you have a the Rockford Fosgate sound system. If you don't have it. Even better. You just need to buy the android unit ... Its a plug and play install.
yeah no RFS. thanks for all the help!
Old May 5, 2016, 02:52 PM

Ok so im a little bit confused, I dont have the RF, so this will plugg right into the factory harness pluggs I disconnect from the base radio??? Then I can hook to my aftermarket amp. Or do I have to cut and splice the factory wiring?

Last edited by FACT0RY PIL0T; May 5, 2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:23 PM

Just wondering for the people who already installed this unit, is there an option to connect an external hard drive to the head unit? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo