Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Logging with Innovate MTX-L in Evoscan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logging with Innovate MTX-L in Evoscan

I am trying to figure out how to log with the Innovate MTX-L AFR Gauge. I installed it a couple days ago. It reads the AFR just fine on the gauge. I got the adapter cable from Tactrix, which is a 2.5mm (like the headphone jack) that goes into the "Out" cable from the gauge. However, when I log using Evoscan, the AFR just reads 0 all throughout the log. I have the "Innovate LC-1/MTX/LM2" box checked in the "Wideband" button on the top toolbar.

Anyone with similar setup can please provide pointers as to how to properly setup Evoscan?

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:15 AM

Anyone?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

4. Optionally, the YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2) can be
connected to the analog inputs of other devices such as data loggers or ECUs. If
either one or both of these wires are not being used isolate and tape the wire(s) out
of the way. The default analog outputs are as follows: Analog output one (yellow) is
0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR.

wire that to the rear 02 sensor location and log via REAR 02 ADC

there are several write ups on how to do it on here
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:12 AM

Just to update anyone having the same issue.

I was not able to log using EvoScan, but logging with the tactrix cable+microSD card works. Just plug in the 2.5mm jack to the "out" cable of the AFR gauge.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by adlpb
I am trying to figure out how to log with the Innovate MTX-L AFR Gauge. I installed it a couple days ago. It reads the AFR just fine on the gauge. I got the adapter cable from Tactrix, which is a 2.5mm (like the headphone jack) that goes into the "Out" cable from the gauge. However, when I log using Evoscan, the AFR just reads 0 all throughout the log. I have the "Innovate LC-1/MTX/LM2" box checked in the "Wideband" button on the top toolbar.

Anyone with similar setup can please provide pointers as to how to properly setup Evoscan?

Thanks
Does the MTX-L come with a serial to 2.5mm cable for logging like the LC-1 does? If so you'll need to get a usb to serial adapter cable (if your laptop doesn't have a serial port). When you select the wideband from the menu in EvoScan it is expecting the wideband to be directly connected to your computer via USB or a Serial Port. If logging the 2.5mm jack on the tactrix is possible via EvoScan, checking off WDB in the log item list won't do it. You'd need some custom logging item to get that.