Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Evo X flex fuel tuning on Accessport

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In an attempt to get more information (as I am interested in this solution) I contacted DeliciousTuning and asked them a couple of questions. I do not own the system and the sales person didn't go into extreme detail (proprietary, blah blah blah) but here's the conclusion I came to.

The system is NOT a piggyback (DeliciousTuning specifically confirmed their system does NOT manipulate MAF/Inj/Load/Etc signals to the ECU).

The system PROBABLY replaces an unneeded signal to input the ethanol sensor to the ECU. Since the tune has to come from a DeliciousTuning dealer and is "locked" I would assume they have a version of AccessTuner with the sensor definitions replacing whatever sensor they "highjack." From there they do some sort of gas/ethanol translation magic. (DeliciousTuning alluded to this type of system but wouldn't confirm the exact specifications)
Old Jun 4, 2016, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am interested in some longer term results with this setup. Anyone have any updates?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
I am interested in some longer term results with this setup. Anyone have any updates?
I've had it for 2 months so far, I can report back in 4 month to give you a 6 month account on how it's running or do you want longer?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 05:40 AM

Yes, that would be great if you have the time. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
No need to get the AP, just get the TephraV3. Been running it for almost 3 weeks now. Best decision I've ever made regarding my Evo X.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
No need to get the AP, just get the TephraV3. Been running it for almost 3 weeks now. Best decision I've ever made regarding my Evo X.
Going to be going FlexFuel myself. Hoping for true FlexFuel on Cobb is like wishing for Megan Fox to be hot and be a great actress.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 05:14 AM

I also have the Delicious Tuning flex fuel kit and am very happy with it . Just posted a review for it.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
Yes, that would be great if you have the time. Thanks!
Well, it's been 6 months and my flex fuel kit and tune are still running strong.

I switch between pump gas and E85 whenever I want or run different mixes without having to worry about anything.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
The fact that the DT system plugs into the maf means it's hijacking maf or iat.

Has anyone got charts of e0 vs e85 ? Do they run different Boost levels? Different timing?

I suppose it's not impossible that they have developed a proper solution (ie one that interpolates between different ethanol content levels and also provides failsafes), but since I've never heard of them until about 8months I would assume not..

How much is the DT system? And its shelf maps not custom tune?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by holyfrickster
Well, it's been 6 months and my flex fuel kit and tune are still running strong.

I switch between pump gas and E85 whenever I want or run different mixes without having to worry about anything.
Very cool stuff. It seems like they have something worked out. It will be interesting to see how this transfers over to the non-Accessport guys.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra

Has anyone got charts of e0 vs e85 ? Do they run different Boost levels? Different timing?

I suppose it's not impossible that they have developed a proper solution (ie one that interpolates between different ethanol content levels and also provides failsafes), but since I've never heard of them until about 8months I would assume not..

I know it gets power and or ground from the maf, as the signal converter doesn't light up if that's unplugged. Other than that I really don't know.

I don't have any datalogs anymore from when I was tuned 7-8 months ago. It runs different fueling for sure, due to the properties of ethanol and timing changes as I can feel it running a lot more timing. Not sure about boost, I've never thought to check.

You never heard of DT before? Surely you've heard of Bill Knose or at least his work. The guy has been tuning since 1998 and tuned the first two Ken Block Gymkhana cars.

The system was about $600 IIRC, the tune I got was a shelf map with datalog tweaks.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra

That's what I posted above. That since it is plugging into the MAF it is a "piggyback" jobber. To which I was shot down by a fan of the system and told it was not. If your messing with any signals other than getting the ethanol content into the ECU for interpolation, then it is either tricking the ECU with MAF manipulation, MAP manipulation, or injector pulse manipulation. I could be wrong.
No one seems to have any technical explanation other than - I paid someone to do this thing under my hood and I love it

~Jaraxle
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I mean in all reality who cares how it works. If it works correctly , is safe and reliable and makes power the same way a tephra does than why does it matter ? It seems like this discussion is moving away from the actual product and becoming tephra vs acessport.

I don't like the idea of piggyback systems but I have a bad taste in my mouth from the apexi's from the 90's. But if it works and is capable of tuning all parameters correctly then who cares .

I would like to hear from someone that has actually tuned the accesport for e85 using this sysyem.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The harness to the MAF sensor is probably for cruise and open loop fuel control. Evos like all petrol cars are designed to run at 14.7 cruise afr. With flex fuel, that needs to be richened by quite a bit... OP have you ever checked out your afr during cruising conditions? Whats your typical ethanol content at and what afr's are you seeing? I'm curious to know if this system has open loop fuel control
Old Nov 2, 2017, 08:04 AM

Ive been out to dyno comp and goodspeed out here in phoenix and they both dont work with any flex fuel kit for the evo x. You guys know anyone else in this area that knows how to tune flex on the X?

Quick Reply: Evo X flex fuel tuning on Accessport