Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Catch Can vs Air Oil Separator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 04:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Alternatively you can get Radium ones. It's a bit more expensive and required more room on the intake size. I don't think it will fit if you have ETS intake.

Radium one to avoid replacing the coolant. I like to see my coolant at a glance.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Catch-Can-Kit-EVO-X-P371.aspx
Old Feb 23, 2017, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jakgal04
The filter hole is pretty large so running a tube might be difficult. On the other hand, emptying it is easy as can be. Drive Fab gives you a siphon pump. So all you have to do is take the filter off and pump the contents into a empty water bottle.
running the tube shouldnt be too hard. i was going to go to home depot and by a pipe cap that will fit over it and drill a hole in the top. run the tube into the top and then run it to the fender vent. i can use a compression fitting to seal the tube to the cap and prevent vapor from exiting around the tube.

I would get the radium but i already bought the driven fab. im not worried about looking at the coolant level since i could just open the radiator cap and look at it in the morning. if i really wanted to, and i might actually in the future, i could add a sight glass to the coolant side of the catch can.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 05:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AJ18
running the tube shouldnt be too hard. i was going to go to home depot and by a pipe cap that will fit over it and drill a hole in the top. run the tube into the top and then run it to the fender vent. i can use a compression fitting to seal the tube to the cap and prevent vapor from exiting around the tube.

I would get the radium but i already bought the driven fab. im not worried about looking at the coolant level since i could just open the radiator cap and look at it in the morning. if i really wanted to, and i might actually in the future, i could add a sight glass to the coolant side of the catch can.
I wish Driven Fab would have done that on the get-go, putting sight glass on the unit. I wouldn't mind paying $50 bucks extra to get that done. I still don't like the smell though. LOL.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AJ18

Ive done such setups in the past with mixed results depending on the amount of blow by the specific engine has. Some cars really don't smell or vent much so the smell is barely noticeable but others its very bad. If you can't stand the smell simply run the vent tube back into the stock location on the intake it works well. Ive done that on the last evo that I worked on who had purchased a catch can and disliked the smell when driving around town.

cheers