Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

FAST Key took a Dump?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAST Key took a Dump?

My car was fine all day, driving, locking, unlocking, all perfect. I parked my car, when I came back, I tried to open the car with the remote, and the car wouldn't respond. The light on the remote was lighting up, but I figured that maybe the battery in the remote was going dead. So when I got home, I tried my spare remote....which has a new battery....got no response from that. The buttons on the won't work now either. Any Ideas? Similar experiences?
Old Dec 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Do more thorough searching, this has happened to others. I believe you have to put the key into the remote unit (backwards, so the key is sticking out), and use it that way. I could be wrong.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by nytejade
Do more thorough searching, this has happened to others. I believe you have to put the key into the remote unit (backwards, so the key is sticking out), and use it that way. I could be wrong.
OK.....I mentioned I got the car home, so I know how to do that.... so that doesn't explain why FAST key suddenly stopped working. does it?
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealer.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
Dealer.
Yea.....Last thing I felt like doing.....
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

When this happened to me it was because my cell phone erased the FAST Key. There is a Mitsubishi TSB out regarding this. However considering your spare FAST Key did not work it sounds like the issue is something else. Unless you are really unlucky and both got erased...
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

i already made a thread of this

you go to the dealer and they give you 2 different remotes free (thats what they did for me)
Old Dec 25, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CaptianSellout
OK.....I mentioned I got the car home, so I know how to do that.... so that doesn't explain why FAST key suddenly stopped working. does it?
You didn't specify that in your post. I just assumed you had someone bring you home to retrieve the other key. Anyway, i wasn't trying to be a jerk, just trying to let you know that threads were already made concerning these issues, and that you'd find them with more thorough searching.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptianSellout
Yea.....Last thing I felt like doing.....
I know is a pain, but a system like that no one here is going to knwo two squats about it.
Originally Posted by Nathan0490
When this happened to me it was because my cell phone erased the FAST Key. There is a Mitsubishi TSB out regarding this. However considering your spare FAST Key did not work it sounds like the issue is something else. Unless you are really unlucky and both got erased...
Could be that, i hear BlackBerries have an evil plan againt's all other electronics.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:25 PM

dang it again... i think my blackberry killed my SMART key.... DANG IT>>>>>>>>>>
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting. I've had a fast key for a year now, and have NEVER had a problem with it. Although, something interesting, phone is always in my right pocket, and key is in my left. They are absolutely never together.

Now, on the other hand. The chip that is in side the fastkey that allows you to use it with the key to start the car, that's the same chip that is used when the fastkey is accessed remotely. The only reason I know this is because of the method for programming an additional fastkey to the car. So, if you are able to start your vehicle with one of the fastkeys, then you know they are still correctly programmed to the car.

Question. When the car is locked, and you are outside the door, and you touch the handle, does the light on the remote flash?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:46 AM

Yea all the FAST KEY options work on the car... And when i open or close the doors with the button on the door the light on the remote blinks.. but i can not use any of the keys on the remote.... after 1 week of ownership the first key gave up on me.. i had to use the menual key to get home... so i got home and grabbed the second key thinking the battery was dead.. the second key worked and all the buttons as well... one week later the buttons on the remote stop working so i figure again maybe the battery dead... i replaced the battery and they buttons on the remote still dont work.... im pretty sure its the blakberry....
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the battery in my primary remote is going out. The car is starting to get very particular about where the key is in the car or it says "key location" on the HUD and dings.

I do have a BB and I notice that when the key and phone are in the same pocket, I have trouble getting the doors to open.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

What in the hell? So, it's literally just the buttons that stopped working? Wow, that IS strange.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:16 AM

interesting... this happened to my friend... but he has an iPhone...

he ended up getting a new FAST key from the dealership...

Quick Reply: FAST Key took a Dump?