evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:26 PM   #16
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: evo X mr

How the f*ck is that pump not covered under powertrain warranty??????!!!!!!

Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:15 AM   #17
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (56)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
How the f*ck is that pump not covered under powertrain warranty??????!!!!!!
It is. See post #14.

Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:27 AM   #18
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

^ JDMCT9MR... see post #9... it seems they cover it under the 3 year 36k "bumper to bumper" warranty not under the 5 year 60k powertrain warranty... I already had an issue with mitsu and their bullsh!t warranty with a headlight they denied replacing which cost $900 and yesterday the service manager at my dealership who im cool with told me a guy with a black MR came in with a messed up trans, no mods, and mitsu are gona deny the claim... My mechanic says its $14,000 total for new trans and labor... I love my Evo X MR but end of next year im going with the new STI or Focus RS if they decide to bring it to the states...

Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:32 PM   #19
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
2006 Hummer H3

Drives: like I stole it! (X-MR)

@mikebus7
Everything was covered under the powertrain warrenty. Mitsu motors was very responsive and thorough. The tech went above and beyond too. I was very happy with Mitsus process and they way the whole thing went.
I even have some light mods and tehre was no hastle.
When problems like this happen, its all about how the car owner and the dealer handle them.
Never listen to stories second hand either!

Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:51 PM   #20
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (8)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: '11 AS X MR

Finally, a happy ending to a warranty issue

Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:28 AM   #21
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

^ Im glad theres a happy ending... unfortunately my experience with mitsubishi has been garbage and i can only speak for myself... I have a great relationship with my service and parts manager and they felt so bad for me that they have given me parts at cost and have done work and serviced my car for free... What i said about someone and an MR trans wasnt second hand stuff, that was the service manager himself that told me. Ill say again that i love my car and wasnt planing on getting rid of it next year, and im sure whatever i replace it with next year will not live up to it, even if i can manage getting my hands on a 2009 audi RS4 i doubt it will handle like my evo... but after what i went through im scared ****less if something else goes wrong on my car... I lost my trust in mitsubishi, and wouldnt even buy a TV from them now.

Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:39 AM   #22
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (56)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
^ JDMCT9MR... see post #9... it seems they cover it under the 3 year 36k "bumper to bumper" warranty not under the 5 year 60k powertrain warranty... I already had an issue with mitsu and their bullsh!t warranty with a headlight they denied replacing which cost $900 and yesterday the service manager at my dealership who im cool with told me a guy with a black MR came in with a messed up trans, no mods, and mitsu are gona deny the claim... My mechanic says its $14,000 total for new trans and labor... I love my Evo X MR but end of next year im going with the new STI or Focus RS if they decide to bring it to the states...
That is some BS. I thought about trying to see if I could find someone in socal with a 07-10 STI with similar mileage to trade since I don't want to deal with getting warranty work done if something goes wrong. An sti wagon was my first choice but those damn things are more than I wanted to pay.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:26 PM   #23
Evolved Member
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

Drives: women away

theBIGgun69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebus7 View Post
Everything was covered under the powertrain warrenty. Mitsu motors was very responsive and thorough. The tech went above and beyond too. I was very happy with Mitsus process and they way the whole thing went.
I even have some light mods and tehre was no hastle.
When problems like this happen, its all about how the car owner and the dealer handle them.
Never listen to stories second hand either!
Bumping thread, so I'm guessing if it was covered under powertrain warranty then that means it "should" be covered under the 5yr 60k mile warranty correct?

PM me about local meets in the MD/DC/NOVA area. Trying to get some peeps together for regular meets during the upcoming car season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smike View Post
I'm strangely ok with it. They ate the meat. Not really interested if they ****ed it before eating it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomniac View Post
What happened is there? There was an incredibly powerful crystal governed by celestial beings. One group of beings got too greedy, and the the crystal splintered a small purple shard. The celestial beings were split apart into their two inner sides. One was bad, and one was good. New off topic is the good, uninteresting side, and TBR is the bad, power hungry side. Until a Gelfling comes along and fulfills the prophecy, Evom will be locked in turmoil.

The end.

Old May 28, 2013, 09:50 PM   #24
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2010 EVO X GsR

a service manager told me ACD pump is covered under 36k or 3yrs warranty or which ever comes first - i dont know what to do now, that is expensive .. after going to the dealer having them reflash my awc bcoz they said it was a "recall" i got a blinking tarmac/gravel/snow in exchange for that all wheel drive service required. dying ACD pump?
K&N & UCIP intake/piping.

Old May 30, 2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 13 Evo X MR WW > 14 GSR WW

Interesting thread. I should expect this come 40k...OK.

Old May 30, 2013, 08:44 PM   #26
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 06 roush stage 3

all this makes me not want to buy a evo. None the less a used one.......

Old May 31, 2013, 09:02 AM   #27
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (5)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 2014 Focus ST, 2013 Hyundai Sonata SE

don.xu04 invasian85 donzilla2004 donxuphotography
If I'm not mistaken for the people who have been screwed out of the warranty, don't they make kits to rebuild these pumps now? I know I saw someone who rebuilt one on youtube. There's gotta be some kit out now for this.

14 Focus ST
13 Sonata SE

11 VW GTI (sold)
08 PB Evo X GSR (sold)
05 TB Evo 8 SSL (sold)
98 Eclipse GST Spyder (sold)
98 Eclipse GST (sold)
95 240sx w/sr20det (sold)

Old May 31, 2013, 06:46 PM   #28
EvoM Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: '08 GSR on 15" Braids

Correct: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-E...-/321129875064

Old Aug 4, 2014, 09:43 AM   #29
Evolving Member
2006 Hummer H3

Drives: like I stole it! (X-MR)

@mikebus7
Guys, update on this story, I am the OP from a few years ago. I had bought a 2011 when it came out and traded in the 08 with the ACD pump issue.
Well, 45k miles on this car and the pump is failing again. Its comically upsetting. I am starting the process again and I will keep you all posted
throwing codes ACD c161F and ECU P 2096. NOt sure if they are related, but they both happened around the same time

Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:19 AM   #30
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 03 ww evo 8 / 13 ww evo x

wow... sorry to hear that op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebus7 View Post
Guys, update on this story, I am the OP from a few years ago. I had bought a 2011 when it came out and traded in the 08 with the ACD pump issue.
Well, 45k miles on this car and the pump is failing again. Its comically upsetting. I am starting the process again and I will keep you all posted
throwing codes ACD c161F and ECU P 2096. NOt sure if they are related, but they both happened around the same time

Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
08, 2008, awc, c161f, check, code, evo, flashes, gravel, issues, lancer, light, mitsu, mr, pump, sawc, snow, tarmac