Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Possible Hit and Run on BabyEvo :,(

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Hit and Run on BabyEvo :,(

I'm walking out for lunch around 1130, and notice my driver's side rear tire is quite low. I just had this tire replaced by Goodyear 2 weeks ago, so I am a little furious right off the bat. So I decide to limp the car to the nearest gas station for air (roughly 2 miles). Trying to fill up the tire, I notice that I am getting nowhere, so the bead must be broke. Now I am getting beyond furious, prepping to give my local Goodyear a good ripping. Since I am at work, not near this Goodyear, I need to limp my car another 1/2 mile to a Firestone. They pull her up, take off the tire, and wheel it in to me. They blatantly tell me that this rim was damaged (old damage), and that there was no way they would have ever installed a new tire on that rim. They also said that the new tire was completely destroyed from the inside. Now, 45 minutes later and on my spare, I limp to lunch. As I get out of my car, I notice the rear end is smashed pretty good. I stare in disbelief. I noticed a flat, filled a flat, went to Firestone, got back into the car, and never noticed any damage. It is on the rear, so it would have been difficult, especially since in all of these instances, I approached the tire and car from the front. The only noticeable damage is the rear bumper is 1/4 inch out further from the rear quarter panel. I did not notice the damage until I walked behind the car. I immediately called Firestone... they said both techs noticed the damage on the car when it arrived. I checked with my office's LP, and the cameras in our lot do not show anything which is useful. The video of me leaving for lunch is too blurry to see if the damage is already there. So basically, I have 2 issues... the damage, when and where did it occur, and the tire/rim which are now junk. Any tips/recommendations? I called the insurance agent tonight to get a claim going.

Just needed to vent. Got babyEvo about a month ago, made one payment, and she is hurt.
Attached Thumbnails Possible Hit and Run on BabyEvo :,(-car-damage.jpg  
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:20 PM

Im still unsure if A. The damage occured at the office between 830am and 1140am. Or B. The damage was caused by a Firestone employee.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Check the cars in your parking lot to see if any have paint marks from your car.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:09 PM

i think u should just say it was a hit and run and have the insurance take care of it.. you cant really prove firestone did it .. unless they have cameras but i doubt they will let you see it if they did do it
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:43 PM

Although the damage may look bad, I don't think its that serious. With a heat gun or dry ice trick you should be able to pop it out since it doesn't seem like the bumper actually cracked. As far as the scratches, most will come out with a nice buffer and solution except the deep ones.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

I would get the insurance to cover it. You can't prove the tech's or firestone are the ones who damaged the car. I would check to see if they have cameras (they should) and ask to see them.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:27 AM

That really sucks. I felt the same in 2010 when my old Evo was rear ended.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always worry about something like that happening to me. I have got in the habit of walking around my car and inspecting it before I leave from somewhere.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that sucks!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:31 AM

Smile

My first Evo X MR RR 2008 very rare here in the states. Now the rear got hit pretty hard. Teenager texting on cell. Did not even brake when she hit my wife in the rear end. Car not even a year old yet. Well she got out ready to kick some ***. When she notice a baby in the car. The girl tried to talk my wife out of reporting it, because she already had a accident on her record. If the car did not mean so much to me maybe. But not a new car that her husband love so much. Now my wife had to call me at work and give me the bad news. It took all I had not to get pissed. I asked my If she was ok. Then told her to go get checked out at the hospital. I meet her there. That's when I saw the damage to the car. Well they both got fixed up but they both will never be the same. Now I have a new Evo X MR Touring WW 2012 hope I have better luck this time around.

Last edited by evoxmrowner; Apr 11, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:56 AM

Me too. Especially after some idiot keyed my car one time at the gym. Now I ALWAYS do a walkaround before I get in.
Originally Posted by Kendogg
I always worry about something like that happening to me. I have got in the habit of walking around my car and inspecting it before I leave from somewhere.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Nah don't involve the insurance (wont they jack up your premium anyways?) that's nothing

Get under the car and pop it back out with your hand... happened to my 08 Lancer once (someone hit me the exact same way and didn't even let a note lol)

Once it pops back out, clean and buff a little to see if some of it comes off

Don't feel bad... a day after I had mine I hit a parking sign at Staples at night (I didn't see the stupid sign) so I scratched the brand new RR paint on my bumper

Then 3 months later I get hit on my driver-side fender by a Lightning (read: Ford truck) LOL!

Last edited by jazket; Apr 11, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:06 AM

Similar situation in my '11 GSR, had about 2500 miles on it before I noticed someone turned too early out of a parking spot and nailed my rear-end quarterpanel.. Definate hit and run.. but no idea where it happened. I still haven't gotten it fixed.. =(
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear man had a similar problem w/ my old car I did a police report and they took it for a hit and run and my insurance co. Waved my deductible althought my insurance did go up slightly nothing serious . The rear bumper was replaced and painted $950 was the total for the body shop......

Quick Reply: Possible Hit and Run on BabyEvo :,(