Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AWC hydraulic unit warranty extension issued.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much do the pumps typically cost to replace?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you for this, im going to try the relocation as well
Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Got my letter in the mail today about the extension!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:17 PM

I legit just got my car back from mitsu to get it updated for all the previous recalls. I'm sure they will still fix your car for you even if it's modded. My car is pretty modded and they did the previous recall fixes for me, I guess I'll bring my car back this weekend for this new recall and let everyone know how it goes.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsane
I guess I'll bring my car back this weekend for this new recall and let everyone know how it goes.
It's not a recall. It's a warranty extension for the pump.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 06:34 AM

Has anyone considered going after them for the labor? I received the same letter and replaced the pump in April, but I did the work myself. If they are willing to reimburse people for an invoice from a mechanics shop, I should be able to get reimbursed for the parts cost and whatever the book shop labor would be times whatever an established dealer mechanics labor rate for the work I did. Let me know if anyone else thinks so or has any idea how to go about this.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:00 AM

I got mine yesterday for a 2011 gsr
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:12 AM

Yup I just got mine the other day in the mail.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:23 AM
RZA

I got mines in the mail today for Canada, 10year/160,000 km extension.

Also states on my letter:
"If you have already encountered a problem with the AWC hydraulic unit and had it repaired/replaced as a result of this specific condition and have paid for the repair, you may send your original repair order receipts and original receipt/proof or payments to the following address for reimbursement consideration: ......."
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:52 AM

So far so good

Originally Posted by Zippy452
wonder if this extends to 2nd owners. anyone?
I am the second owner of my 09 Ralliart and the dealer called me today to let me know about the extension. I have an appointment for next Monday so its looking like it is transferable. I'll update you after I have it in.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had my AWC light flip on last week, got it in the shop with the new service bulletin, all finished! Fresh pump... and got the Serpentine belt/pulley recall done at the same time. It was so nice to get two hugely important pieces of maintenance done and see the nice $0.00 at the bottom of the invoice
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jakeleclair2000
The relocation kit is an absolute necessity to prolong pump life. @coryl and others have done a lot of work to make them available to us. USE THEM.

It wont help those that live in super cold climates, but it will eliminate the corrosion caused by exposure to the elements

Thank you for recognizing this. I started this all because an ex sent me a message a few years ago telling me to stop encouraging others to purchase an Evo because they were going to have to spend $4g (at the time) here in Canada in a few years after ownership to replace their pump then a few of my friends had failures so I wanted to help them. The amount of time I've spent trying to help others with their pumps I could have purchased at least 3 new ones myself picking up shifts. I got my letter last week. I'm going to frame mine....it will never be needed since relocation with Autotorque's kit.
If you live in super cold climates use Redline, etc, if not use OEM or warranty could be made void is the risk.

Last edited by coryl; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 03:12 PM

I hate to revive an old thread but I was wondering if anyone was able to get this warranty done with their car being modded.

My alternate option is going to a shop and getting it repaired and then submit the receipt. Does anyone know what the process is for this?

I could always switch car back to stock but I am trying to avoid that.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by llanthonyll
I hate to revive an old thread but I was wondering if anyone was able to get this warranty done with their car being modded.

My alternate option is going to a shop and getting it repaired and then submit the receipt. Does anyone know what the process is for this?

I could always switch car back to stock but I am trying to avoid that.
Apparently it's the tuned excuse that Mitsu is using to deny warranty. the all knowing mitsu "engineers" are claiming that tune causes these pumps to fail even though they extended the warranty recognizing that corrosion is the leading cause. Getting the pump covered under warranty is a crap shoot according to some posters. I wouldn't rely on them covering warranty if you are tuned in anyway.

As soon as I move in to my new house and have a garage again, I am just going to relocate mine and be done with it.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:52 AM

I am the second owner of a 08 GSR and my light started coming on at about 60k miles I just found this post yesterday and I am glad I did, I called Mitsubishi and registered as an owner of the car with them and then called a local Mitsubishi dealer. I have full bolt ons and no tune yet the service dept. said as long as I didn't have an aftermarket tune they would replace the pump at no cost to me!!

FYI YOU CAN GET A NEW PUMP WITH AFTERMARKET PARTS AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT HAVE A TUNE YET!

Quick Reply: AWC hydraulic unit warranty extension issued.