Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

X wing modified to look like VIII/IX!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X wing modified to look like VIII/IX!!!

Hi,

Hoping someone can tell me who makes the kit that puts side and top panels on the X SSS spoiler. I always hoped someone would do this and to my surprise I saw a pic of this exact mod in a Google image search. Check this out....it looks great and makes the X spoiler look more like the 8/9 spoiler. Any info anyone may have about this...would be greatly appreciated. Was about to install a 9 spoiler on my X but this looks like the ultimate solution.

https://goo.gl/images/zl6BQU

Thanks for reading!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 09:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I personally would just go with an Evo 9 spoiler rather than adding the panels. Looks a lot better and more clean. If you look around hard enough there's a few companies that make a spoiler like this.

Old Feb 20, 2017, 05:57 PM

Yeah, I ended up doing just that (got a 9 spoiler). My X has the low GSR spoiler so I got an SSS high model to swap. Then I decided I love the way the car looks with the 8/9 spoiler and got one off the internet. I do like the looks of this mod, however & would consider using the SSS spoiler if I had access to these parts. I did see a company by the name of DAMD that I believe makes these in Japan. Very expensive from what I have seen & it is referred to as "spoiler garnish." When I see pics of the X (which never did it for me visually like the 8 and especially 9 does) I get that good old "I love evo's feeling" as they look like an updated version of the 9 vs a totally different car.

Originally Posted by Honeymelon
I personally would just go with an Evo 9 spoiler rather than adding the panels. Looks a lot better and more clean. If you look around hard enough there's a few companies that make a spoiler like this.

Old Feb 20, 2017, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the image. I did see these but my experience with ANYTHING not OEM has been very bad when it comes to spoilers and body kits. I haven't seen a company that makes fiberglass/duraflex products that are OEM quality. Even carbon fiber tends to be very wavy and look poor in the aftermarket. Just my experience though....

Originally Posted by turbooutlaw1976
Yeah, I ended up doing just that (got a 9 spoiler). My X has the low GSR spoiler so I got an SSS high model to swap. Then I decided I love the way the car looks with the 8/9 spoiler and got one off the internet. I do like the looks of this mod, however & would consider using the SSS spoiler if I had access to these parts. I did see a company by the name of DAMD that I believe makes these in Japan. Very expensive from what I have seen & it is referred to as "spoiler garnish." When I see pics of the X (which never did it for me visually like the 8 and especially 9 does) I get that good old "I love evo's feeling" as they look like an updated version of the 9 vs a totally different car.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

looks like painted DAMD kit

Old Feb 21, 2017, 03:30 AM

prob japan
Old Jun 3, 2018, 02:42 AM
Maz

Guys why cant I find a place to get this IX wing for the X? Ive literally looked everywhere on here and the Internet. I cant so much as get a name of this product... Any Ideas?