Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Clear
Clear
0%
Clear
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

All Wheel and Tire Fitment Questions and Confirmations Go Here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by moore0226
Can I get away with 18x10.5 +22 Gramlights 57xtreme w 265/35/18 w/o rolling the rear fenders? I understand once I lower the ride hight I will need to.
I was trying to figure this out with my 18x10.5+22 TE37SLs w/ 275s...

I can tell you I had 3 wheels on the ground and one rear wheel on maybe 6" of blocks, plus two adult men in the back and about 300 lbs in the trunk. I couldn't compress the suspension on my MR enough to hit.

But, once I unbolted my shock and moved the hub up by hand, I could get it to hit.

So, at stock height I'd say you're fine, lowering maybe an inch or more (?) you'll need a roll in the rear. This is just my opinion, but might be good enough for whatever you're looking for.

Last edited by MRevolutionX; Aug 2, 2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got varrstoen es1 in 18x9.5+12 and a 255 35 hankook ventus tire. Will it fit ?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:01 PM

18x10.5

In this spec 18X10.5 what is the best off set no rolling fender required.. I'm planning to 18x10.5 +22 please anyone had the same specs here please kindly advice me or someone knows from other guys that the same specs that I'm planning to do..thank you so much in advance.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:12 AM

Guys, i have a X and i want 19 inch wheels and not want to spend 3 a 4K so i was looking for XXR

i want the 19x8.75 but i have a choise between 15 and ET35 ,wich one is best..?

And what size tires i must use on them..?

And will this type of wheel/tire rub the inner arches/spats with steering on full lock..?

in my country there are not so much X's so i hope u guys can help me..
Thanks anyway
Old Jul 25, 2016, 01:15 PM

Nobody with 19 inch XXR wheels that can help me..?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aguinanao
In this spec 18X10.5 what is the best off set no rolling fender required.. I'm planning to 18x10.5 +22 please anyone had the same specs here please kindly advice me or someone knows from other guys that the same specs that I'm planning to do..thank you so much in advance.
i posted about this exact size a few posts ago and in a few different spots. I got the wheels looking for a tire prob going with the 265 nitto but haven't found many that rub even with a decent drop leaving bout 2 finger gap between the tire and the wheel only a few people said they had a rubbing issue but that with weight in the back ones with a lower drop rub
The following users liked this post:
aguinanao (Aug 23, 2016)
Old Jul 31, 2016, 01:53 PM

the Advan RSII(18 inches)...what is best set up for evo x w/o rolling the fender?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:03 PM

Hi,

I've got a GSR on Swift Spec Rs. I've got a cracked stock GSR wheel on 22mm spacers and I'm looking to get a second set of wheels (to run without the spacers) so I can stop doing the summer/winter tire swapping dance on a single set of wheels.

I'm looking to run the 285 30 18 RE-11. TireRack lists the tread width for this tire as 10" using their standard approach for measuring tread width. Since I've taken this article (http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...RFORMANCE.aspx) to heart, I'm on the fence between a 10.5 +15 or a 10" +18 wheel. 10.5 +18 seems like the perfect 10.5 offset (less poke and enough front clearance for Ohlins coilovers), but I can't seem to find quality cast wheels in that fitment so I'd rather go +15 so I don't have to run a spacer down the road because of coilovers.

Fender rolling tools are fired up and ready to go with either route.

Future purchase of coilovers (Ohlins R&T) is planned once the Bilsteins die.

Any thoughts or advice? Which wheel width will make this tire happiest (function)? I'd like to have a wheel/tire setup that I can grow into with regard to auto x. Something tells me the 10" +18 will be the most flexible wheel size to experiment with different tire brands sizes and set ups than the 10.5.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1012Xmr
i posted about this exact size a few posts ago and in a few different spots. I got the wheels looking for a tire prob going with the 265 nitto but haven't found many that rub even with a decent drop leaving bout 2 finger gap between the tire and the wheel only a few people said they had a rubbing issue but that with weight in the back ones with a lower drop rub
I have 18x10.5 +22 w/ 275 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. At stock height, they probably wouldn't rub unless you had a FULL car. I had 2 people in the back and one wheel up on about 6" of blocks and it didn't hit.

I since lowered the car about 1.5" all around (Toda Fightex) and I rolled the rears. No pulling or anything, wasn't a major issue. I haven't really noticed any issues, but I am running stiff springs (12k front/10k rear) and I never have more than 1 person with me. I'm still at stock camber too.

I would say 265s would be no problem at all, lowered or not. They will be stretched though. The 275s are a little stretched even. 285 or 295 seems like it would be "box".

Just my 2 cents.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jorgito
Hi,

I've got a GSR on Swift Spec Rs. I've got a cracked stock GSR wheel on 22mm spacers and I'm looking to get a second set of wheels (to run without the spacers) so I can stop doing the summer/winter tire swapping dance on a single set of wheels.

I'm looking to run the 285 30 18 RE-11. TireRack lists the tread width for this tire as 10" using their standard approach for measuring tread width. Since I've taken this article (http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...RFORMANCE.aspx) to heart, I'm on the fence between a 10.5 +15 or a 10" +18 wheel. 10.5 +18 seems like the perfect 10.5 offset (less poke and enough front clearance for Ohlins coilovers), but I can't seem to find quality cast wheels in that fitment so I'd rather go +15 so I don't have to run a spacer down the road because of coilovers.

Fender rolling tools are fired up and ready to go with either route.

Future purchase of coilovers (Ohlins R&T) is planned once the Bilsteins die.

Any thoughts or advice? Which wheel width will make this tire happiest (function)? I'd like to have a wheel/tire setup that I can grow into with regard to auto x. Something tells me the 10" +18 will be the most flexible wheel size to experiment with different tire brands sizes and set ups than the 10.5.
My 18x10.5 +22 w/ 275s definitely had some poke at stock height. Lowering the car 1.5" helped, but there is still poke at stock camber settings. It's slight, enough to look aggressive without being dumb-looking, IMO. Negative camber would help.

+15 will be really poking out there. I wouldn't be happy with it, but that's just me. I was a little nervous about my +22s when I installed them, to be honest. A lot of guys run this size in +15 though, so to each their own.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 07:22 PM

Cosmis XT-206R fitment?

cosmis sells this rim in 18x9.5 with 10mm offset, was planning on getting four 5mm soacers all around but i was wondering if anyone knows if they will clear the stock brembos on the evo x safe. I cant seem to find anyone with these rims however i know the xt-206r wont clear and its a similar rim. Any help? (I posted earlier but i guess it was on the wrong spot)

Old Sep 21, 2016, 04:42 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
I'm trying to find out if I can run some 6x5.5 rims I found on on lancer. Any chance the Montero hub can be retrofitted? They fit the Montero Sport. I might be in the wrong thread. Please help!
Old May 24, 2017, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if this would be a good fitment for the Evo 10; BLAQUE DIAMOND® - 20 x 9.0 BD-23 Gloss Black with SS Lip more details on - https://www.carid.com/blaque-diamond...-92176230.html. I know I would have to make some mods to inner wheel well, but will coilovers cut it or bagging it out be the better choice? Second I wanna have a stretched tire on wheel anyone have any suggestions on brand and tire size?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 03:28 PM

I am really not looking to roll my fenders but would do so if needed. I searched both the XXR thread and this one for anyone running 558's and I dont see anyone with them.

I am about to be lowered on Swift Mach Sport Lowering Springs.

Looking to go with 18x9.75 19mm offset on 265/35/18 tires. If anyone is running this setup did you roll your fenders and did these wheels clear the calipers. Would like to know ahead of time so I can plan to have it done or not
Old Apr 7, 2018, 04:47 PM

What are the widest tire sizes that you can fit on an otherwise stock X on stock BBS wheels?

Quick Reply: All Wheel and Tire Fitment Questions and Confirmations Go Here