Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Apexi S1 coilover question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Apexi S1 coilover question

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a brand new set of Apexi S1 coilovers from a mate , they've been sitting in his place for over a year now but he hasn't fit it yet and now he's looking to sell it.

I've read a few reviews on the S1 and all of them are on the positive side , even Buschur Racing uses them for their project car. Stock spring rates are 8F/6R which i think will be slightly on the softer side as I do track my car a couple of times throughout the year.

A fried of mine suggested replacing the springs in the rear for something with a higher spring rate , possibly 8kg or 9kg. That's quite a fair bit compared to how the coilover came so my question would be , will the coilover be able to take the new higher spring rates or will I need to revalve the set ? or ultmately , i should just avoid the coilover if i was gonna do trackdays and get something more track oriented ?

PS : I'll be paying >$1500 for them which is really cheap considering every thing here in Australia is fken expensive , BC BRs are $1150. KW V3 are $2800

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
as for the spring rates , anyone know the reason why most JDM coilovers seem to have higher spring rate at the front compared to most western coilovers where the rear is stiffer.