Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi, Evo 6.5 Tommi Makinen Edition Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Evo 6.5 Tommi Makinen Edition Newbie!

Hi, I've bought my evo just some months ago and I'm ready to learn everything about the great 4G63 and all the modificacitions to make it more beast that it already is. I'm from Lima-Peru (a small country in south-america) so all the parts for my car have to be imported from USA and the worst is that CP9A performance parts are very rare to be found. Right now my car is just 61K Kms. and just have Sparco Rally Breaking Pads (super screachy), Brake Drilled Rotors, 2.5" exhaust line (from downpipe to muffler), TurboXS Manual Boost Controller, turbotimer, K&N Air Filter, Exedy Stage II Clutch, lighter flywheel and HKS SSQV BOV (I know how stupid is to vent the air with MAF, but one of the reasons I'm joining the forum is to learn and I returned to stock bov until my HKS Recir. Kit arrives).

The car has also been naked to the chasis for a good lhd conversion because here is ilegal to drive rhd cars. My HKS Carbon-Ti Muffler have just arrive and I'm waiting for my complete 3" stainless exhaust kit (manifold, outlet, testpipe, downpipeand midpipe) but it's for an evo VIII so I'll have to modify the downpipe, as I've said before, parts for a CP9A are rare to find, so if you know a place in USA place let me know.. .

In my plans for the car are to reflash the ecu and later get an open ecu to later a bigger turbo but I don't know which is the best for our cars [Haltech E8 (my possible N1 choice), HKS F-CON, Apexi Power FC, etc], so I would be very grateful if you could give me your opinions about that. Also was thinking about fitting the car a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump and a Electronic Boost Controller (Maybe HKS or Blitz; or the manual is the same?) so i'll also aprecciate your opinions about that. I don't know HOW RARE Sunroof TME's are but I hear there were only 100 manufactured. I hope you could guide me in my primary modifications of my car and let me know what are the next steps and what is right and wrong, cheers.

Renxo.-

pd_1: What other mods could you recommend?, I forget to said that it's my DD car so I'll want maybe a +400/+450hp car but with no difficult to drive it everyday. I was thinking in maybe cams, turbo (red, green, 30hta or 35hta?, for DD please); exedy twin clutch?; etc.

pd_2: Sorry for my english, i haven't practice since high school... here are some photos of my car when the hand drive change was complete and in some events, I'll take some pictures of the Engine with the new filter in the next days, cheers.-

Revising everything before hit the street for the first time:

My First Drag Event:

Some Street Pics from my Cel:

The power of the Brembo (Cel Pic):

Interiors:

2nd Drag:

(STi's needed to beat an Evo hahahaha)

Auto-Cross Track Day:

(Saying to the STi: Here comes your nightmare... hahaha)

(Just Perfection in it’s purest form)

That's what I call THE RICER:
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Renxo; Nov 10, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 01:33 PM

dope ride!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 01:56 PM

Awesome pictures!!!!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 03:18 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if it is rare as it is, I wouldn't modify it.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Car is a beauty!

Welcome
Old Nov 10, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

please dont convert it to RHD if it is in fact a 6.5...just tint the hell outta the windows and hope for the best. that car is too beautiful to mess with...sweet ride tho
Old Nov 10, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet Evo bro! congrats from a neighbor... I'm from Ecuador
What's the octane rating of the fuel over there? over here the best we get is 89 octane, so I am in te process of getting a tune with Mellon, so far it is great.
Welcome to EvoM, and you might want to look into the UK market since they have the CP9A evo's. You can also look into www.japanparts.com they have shipped to Ecuador several times and it has always worked perfect, I guess they will ship to Peru also.
Best of lucks, and enjoy your beautiful car
Ed
Old Nov 10, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

6.5 TME is my favorite! my 9 is second.
Wish I can find 6.5 TME in U.S
I would love to own one.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by MRevolutionIX
dope ride!
Thanks, I like evo IX also

Originally Posted by Weezy
Awesome pictures!!!!
Thanks, I just post some of them, I really have HUNDREDS, hahaha

Originally Posted by sblvro
if it is rare as it is, I wouldn't modify it.
It was my idea at begining, but exhaust, fuel pump and a flash to ecu + rising the boost I don't think it will be such a pain to the engine

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
Car is a beauty!

Welcome
Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure your Evo is pretty damn beauty too... but what evo isnt? hahaha
Old Nov 10, 2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by boostedtres
please dont convert it to RHD if it is in fact a 6.5...just tint the hell outta the windows and hope for the best. that car is too beautiful to mess with...sweet ride tho
It has a conversion FROM RHD to LHD (country's laws don't allow to ride a RHD vehicles), the mess with is refered to my posible mods?

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
Sweet Evo bro! congrats from a neighbor... I'm from Ecuador
What's the octane rating of the fuel over there? over here the best we get is 89 octane, so I am in te process of getting a tune with Mellon, so far it is great.
Welcome to EvoM, and you might want to look into the UK market since they have the CP9A evo's. You can also look into www.japanparts.com they have shipped to Ecuador several times and it has always worked perfect, I guess they will ship to Peru also.
Best of lucks, and enjoy your beautiful car
Ed

Hola vecino hehehe, octane rating here is 98 in Repsol gas stations but I think it has to be kinda of a real 90' something. For the parts i'll consider UK hoping the shipping dont make my wallet explote!, cheers and thanks for the comments

Originally Posted by joon82
6.5 TME is my favorite! my 9 is second.
Wish I can find 6.5 TME in U.S
I would love to own one.
TME is also my favorite, IX/VII/VIII are fighting for my 2nd place
Old Nov 10, 2008, 07:22 PM

Thanks all for your comments, so what do you think about the possible mods I mentioned in my introduction post? I will appreciate A LOT your opinions and hope for some fast answers . My JDM OEM mitsubishi and lancer emblems; and TME, enkei and ralliart stickers have also arrive but I'll wait to paint the car first because it has some scraches in the bumper and in a wheel.

Cheers,

Renxo.-
Old Nov 10, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

along with the R34 the 6.5 is one of my favorite japanese cars, along with my evo of course, but awesome man i would love to someday import a TME, i love them
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by FLOW1
Nice.
Thanks pal, all evo's are pretty damn nice!

Originally Posted by -Evo Aaron-
along with the R34 the 6.5 is one of my favorite japanese cars, along with my evo of course, but awesome man i would love to someday import a TME, i love them
The BNR34 is a beautiful car also, even here are less than 10 (considering that out car market is almost JDM).

About the mods, any suggestions or advices?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:39 PM

Awsome car! Have fun with it.

Quick Reply: Hi, Evo 6.5 Tommi Makinen Edition Newbie!