Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO IX for first car.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my first car was a 88 RX7 its cheap no big deal if something were to happin to it. get somethin not crazy fast and just go mess with it drive for a couple of good years play in empty parking lots etc then get a evo
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:14 AM

what do we have here?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
The problem with an Evo as a first car is that its limits are so high that when it does bite, it bites hard. With a 93 Civic if you **** up, you will put it in a guard rail. With an Evo, you have to be going so fast that you will put it through a guard rail. Understand? Just get a **** box and learn to really drive, then trade up. Do some HPDE and AX events, so you can learn how to recover a car that is out of control. I learned more in my first couple track days than in the previous 15 years of driving on the street. If your parents are willing to buy you an Evo now, chances are they will be willing to get you a beater now than let you trade up in a year or two.

And for the record, nobody really cares if you turn yourself into a grease spot on the highway somewhere, we just don't want you taking out other people.

Last edited by CaliMR; Jun 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR
The problem with an Evo as a first car is that its limits are so high that when it does bite, it bites hard. With a 93 Civic if you **** up, you will put it in a guard rail. With an Evo, you have to be going so fast that you will put it through a guard rail. Understand? Just get a **** box and learn to really drive, then trade up. If your parents are willing to buy you an Evo now, chances are they will be willing to get you a beater now than let you trade up in a year or two.

And for the record, nobody really cares if you turn yourself into a grease spot on the highway somewhere, we just don't want you taking out other people.
see this is where I think you guys are wrong. i know at 15 I would have had no problem handling an evo and I dont know about the rest of you but I had more than enough money to pay for it and maintain it. You guys dont know this guy....he could be the next danica patrick.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

My first car was an SRT-4, I bought it, thought I could handle it, but then the first tiem I got in it, the G forces made my body go through puberty quicker then I was meant too. While I do understand that the evo is not as cool or fast as the SRT-4, i'm just trying to give you a kind of comparison. the only reason I didn't hit anyone or get in any accidents is because I was in a different time dimension. It's not good to get a fast car when you're young, it's not good at all.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by thetox
see this is where I think you guys are wrong. i know at 15 I would have had no problem handling an evo and I dont know about the rest of you but I had more than enough money to pay for it and maintain it. You guys dont know this guy....he could be the next danica patrick.
Or the next Sonny Bono, dude thought he could Ski, look how that turned out.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
My first car was an SRT-4, I bought it, thought I could handle it, but then the first tiem I got in it, the G forces made my body go through puberty quicker then I was meant too. While I do understand that the evo is not as cool or fast as the SRT-4, i'm just trying to give you a kind of comparison. the only reason I didn't hit anyone or get in any accidents is because I was in a different time dimension. It's not good to get a fast car when you're young, it's not good at all.
you drove an SRT4? thats just reckless. you do realize what they are capable of right? have you no concern for the well being of others?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:26 AM

Dout it lol, Dem kinda people been doing dat **** from since they 6 n so.

Anyways all in all, buy a cheap beater for now, sit your rents down and show them that you want them to trust you and that you dont need and evo, tell them you want seat time and that its best if they love you to buy you a **** truck for now. It will show them how responsible you can be.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cyclonick182
Or the next Chaz Bono, dude thought he could be a girl, look how that turned out.

hey, we dont judge you on your life decisions
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

i know how i was at 15 and if I had a turbo car, i wouldnt be here today.

\thread

thanks for playing.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:29 AM

WTH? Serious? At age 15, i had problems handling my penor. I wouldn't have ever been able to handle the raw power of an Evo. I would always try to be hiding it when walking around: putting books in front, walking sideways, trying to draw attention away from my crotch. And when they do see it, they look at me and say, "What the hell, Tin?" and I would respond, "I don't know man! It has a mind of its own."

So having an Evo at the age of 15 should be out of the question. Get a Ford Fiesta or something.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jayIII
Dout it lol, Dem kinda people been doing dat **** from since they 6 n so.

Anyways all in all, buy a cheap beater for now, sit your rents down and show them that you want them to trust you and that you dont need and evo, tell them you want seat time and that its best if they love you to buy you a **** truck for now. It will show them how responsible you can be.
yo bro dem kids dat be racin are crazy. dey do dat like the pros be doinz it.... na mean?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
You're only 14? Don't worry about these guys. I'll teach you how to drive a stick responsibly.

Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jehuty
wut?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

you drove an SRT4? thats just reckless. you do realize what they are capable of right? have you no concern for the well being of others?
It was either an SRT-4 or the Evo...the choice was obvious. So I took the SRT-4 and drove it man. I ended up selling it to NASA, and a few years later, we had new more efficient ways to get into space. the way I see it, if this guy gets an evo, it's okay, but if he gets an SRT-4, we're going to have to find him and destroy it. It's just too much power for one person.

Quick Reply: EVO IX for first car.