Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Tsi Turbo For Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tsi Turbo For Lancer

i just want to know if any of u ppl install this turbo kit on ur 4g94 lancer engine (02+). and does this turbo reallie works and gain alot of HP? is this better than RRM and RPW turbo kit? post some pics if u have installed it.

TSI 4g94 engine TURBO kit
Old Apr 18, 2004, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Im not sure if it would be a direct bolt on but im sure if u found one u could play around with it and get some custom piping and as long as its at like the 6psi or so you could prob see the same HP gain
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I would say RRM and RPW is better as we know, just because we KNOW that it comes with everything that you need. These kits i have not heard of anyone running them. I'm going to be running a 14b on my car.. a custom kit :-) but that is minor. These kits are less expensive, but they are unproven so far.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

A 14b is slightly better than the popular T25. Definately, it's not out power the ball bearing GT25 or 28.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

I read those ads.....jeez since when is a t25 capable of 300 plus hp?????!!!!! If that was the case then why in the hell are us DSMer's going with the turbo upgrades like the 16g to obtain this kind of power????? This is another case of bad information. Bahamut you should know you drive a 1st gen....the 14b while not being the best turbo around is much more capable out the box than the quick spooling t25.......I would take one over a t25 anyday..too bad mitsu didnt keep this turbo in the 2nd gens.....
Old Apr 22, 2004, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

The 14b is decent, and I have read a few/rare brave DSM'ers who have worked the hell of it, blasting in the high 12's.

I give the T25's dues that it spools fast, but most 2g DSM'ers want a bit more on the top rpm. They either hit the T28 or get a 16G.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

im going to be using the t-25 on my lancer soon, i need something that spools up quick. mobius, PM me about meeting up.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

RRM and RPW are way better, that is just a plain T-25 the RRM has a big T-28. U can get much more gains out of the T-28 and probably a better spool. If your only looking to stay at 6 psi then it doesnt really matter, basically any kit out there will do the same at such low psi.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ronitlancer
RRM and RPW are way better, that is just a plain T-25 the RRM has a big T-28. U can get much more gains out of the T-28 and probably a better spool. If your only looking to stay at 6 psi then it doesnt really matter, basically any kit out there will do the same at such low psi.
Pickleknock: Just pm'ed you for metting up tomorrow.

Now as for you ronit lancer:
You are posting wrong info my friend. The t25 sppols much quicker than the big t28. I know I have both of them. Where the t25 sppols up at around 2500rpm the big t28 will not hit full boost until about 3400...thats a diference. Of course the t28 has more capability than a t25..it's got bigger wheels and holds boost to redline...for me thats 7500. You can go for the big t28....but man it is gonna take alot for something like a lancer to fully utilize it. For me using the stock actuator and the BCS it holds 15 psi with no boost controller involved. The t25 is really efficient at about 14psi much higher it poops out and doesnt like hi rpms....above 5500 or six. I dont think your lancers even rev that high...so unless your goal is above 15 psi the quicker spooling t25 may be your best choice. You must also realize that since the t25 has almost instant boost it does tend to spin the front wheel quite a bit do to the instant power surge...going with the big t28 and slower spool up (but quick in comparison to most turbos) you have a little more time to get some grip and go to avoid wheel spin and hop......Now dont forget you got those garrett ball bearing t25s that spool up nice to,,,,,,,
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

just a thought - thats the same kit sold on turbo-kits.com and is using the same pics .. its cheaper on turbo-kits.com as well ..

just thought id share that

as well, this kit is NOT a direct bolt on.. the site states:

"These turbo kits are not a direct bolt on item. These kits require welding that should be done a reputable shop!!! To be specific the down pipe will have to be fabricated to mate to your existing exhaust. There are alot of companies out there selling this kit claiming it is a direct bolt-on item--Totally untrue at this point in time. Plan are in the works to correct this. A good muffler shop should charge less than $100.00 to correct the problem."

Not that I'm slamming this as its ALWAYS nice to see new options

Last edited by digdat; Apr 23, 2004 at 12:25 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

i thought team blideside was a scam? i remember i read a post about them a long time ago...or i might be wrong...
and looks like the kit is for 1.6 and 1.8 lancer..
i found the pictures of the origional website fo the turbo kits..
http://www.garrett.com.tw/turbokit.htm
http://www.garrett.com.tw/photos/index.htm

Last edited by pearlwhiteoz; Apr 23, 2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pearlwhiteoz
i thought team blideside was a scam? i remember i read a post about them a long time ago...or i might be wrong...
no your not, i was just going to say, do not order anything from this punk, just some dick who put a site together to try and steal money, i don't know anyone whose ordered but i know he stole all those pics off of other merchants and mbrs from this site

i would feel pretty bad for anyone trying to do business with this thief
Old Apr 23, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

if you look under the other vehicles you'll see the exact same thing, no where that i saw where you can contact them...so put your boots on! we walking thru bullshlt