Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Neon light sensor

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior neon lights insatlling

ok guys, I read many threads here and other site for how to install neon lights on a lancer. The thing is i want to install them to the dome light, so when i open the door, the dome and neon light turn on. A friend of mine was trying to do that, but said that he could not of done that because thier is no wire that goes throw the door. He claims that when you open the door, thier a sensor that tell the dome light to turn.

So to the Question. Do any of you guy know how to install interior neon lights to the dome so that when the dome lights turn on the neon lights can turn on?

Last edited by sinaloa86; Feb 23, 2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sinaloa86
ok guys, I read many threads here and other site for how to install neon lights on a lancer. The thing is i want to install them to the dome light, so when i open the door, the dome and neon light turn on. A friend of mine was trying to do that, but said that he could not of done that because thier is no wire that goes throw the door. He claims that when you open the door, thier a sensor that tell the dome light to turn.

So to the Question. Do any of you guy know how to install interior neon lights to the dome so that when the dome lights turn on the neon lights can turn on?

you should be shot in the face for putting neon lights on your car.. you should get a custom plate that says: "RICER" just my .02
Old Feb 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Ricer comments aside, the door should have a button that is depressed to make the cabin lights come on. If no one finds it by next week I'll see what the rigging is on my Evo when i go home. Look your door frame around where the lock and hook clamp. Or if you can, find a wiring diagram.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CRVdrftR05
Ricer comments aside, the door should have a button that is depressed to make the cabin lights come on. If no one finds it by next week I'll see what the rigging is on my Evo when i go home. Look your door frame around where the lock and hook clamp. Or if you can, find a wiring diagram.
Somehow, the light will be run off that switch...I'd recommend an ebay sevice manual.

I'd also recommend not high-jacking threads just to get your moronic .02 in.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Lol thanks EvoFan, I've been away from my car for two weeks so i forgot what the B pillar looked like.

1+ if your .02 is negative to another member don't even post it.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 04:01 PM

Well my friend took off the little black button on my lancer and was trying to look for a wire that connect to the dome light and he couldnt find any......
Old Feb 23, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

oh.. well wiring diagram's your next bet. =\ sorry i was wrong.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:29 PM

so where can i get a wire dirgram for a lancer 04 es
Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm well I have ONE site but it's for the Evo's...but it's interior lighting so they would be the same in theory.... =\

http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/...gory&cat_id=13

someone correct me if i'm wrong again. But i would think that the interior wiring is the same for all LANCERS regardless of Evolution or not.

you could also try Ebay like someone stated or go to Barnes and Noble to see if they can order one (but make sure it has wiring diagrams beforehand ie another book by the same name).
Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

be careful hooking into the switch in the door pillar. anymore, any of the switches in a car do not directly activate a circuit. it is all controlled by a computer (of sorts). For this, I would recommend tapping into the hot (+) lead that goes directly to the dome light, and using that to activate a relay, which in turn activates the neons.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
be careful hooking into the switch in the door pillar. anymore, any of the switches in a car do not directly activate a circuit. it is all controlled by a computer (of sorts). For this, I would recommend tapping into the hot (+) lead that goes directly to the dome light, and using that to activate a relay, which in turn activates the neons.
so you are familiar with the black switch not have any conections to the dome light?
We tried looking for a wire but couldnt find any that goes to the dome light. It seems that the vold on the black door switch is 8v
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:40 PM

hmmm well I have ONE site but it's for the Evo's...but it's interior lighting so they would be the same in theory.... =\

http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/...gory&cat_id=13

someone correct me if i'm wrong again. But i would think that the interior wiring is the same for all LANCERS regardless of Evolution or not.

you could also try Ebay like someone stated or go to Barnes and Noble to see if they can order one (but make sure it has wiring diagrams beforehand ie another book by the same name).

hey thank for giving those website for the wire digram. My friend was right when he said the wire for the dome was going throw the dash. Now i need to give him a call to see a way he can connect that wire to my neon lights............. hopefully the evo and my lancer es are the same wire digram layout, ill let you know.

Last edited by sinaloa86; Feb 23, 2006 at 11:45 PM.