Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Mitsubishi Ipod Cable

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Ipod Cable

So I was looking on Mitsubishi's website in their accessory section for the 2008 Lancer because I was interested in getting the Ipod cable for my car so I can use my Ipod to play music and videos because I have the navigation package which comes with the 3 aux input so I can attach a video/audio wire to it.

Now I noticed that the one on the mitsubishi website iis $50 and looks like it is only an audio cable to play the music, which if i wanted something like that, I could just get a cheap cable at walmart for $10 which I have tried and already works.

However, I would love to find a cable that perhaps charges the ipod, allows it to play video and sound, and maybe even displays it on the navigation and lets me use the steering wheel controls to play the song.

So I'm asking anyone that has bought the Ipod Cable from Mitsubishi, does it allow you to view your ipod on the screen and using steering wheel controls, or does it only play the ipod audio through the stereo?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

So I'm asking anyone that has bought the Ipod Cable from Mitsubishi, does it allow you to view your ipod on the screen and using steering wheel controls, or does it only play the ipod audio through the stereo?
The cable is only for standard audio connection (Three wires - Left, Right, and Ground). Here is my write-up on the Mitsu. cable:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=297254
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:04 AM

Apple go into the proprietary cable game also. All of the recent video versions (Iphone, Itouch etc) require that you buy Apple's $50 cable to play video.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:09 AM

here's what i've found

https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/prod...roducts_id/471

apprently the ipod can be controlled with the wheel control... but it comes it a huge price tag!!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:56 PM

This is the cable I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-IPV-...0527595&sr=8-1

Very good quality, and super long (passengers in the back seat can use it comfortably without unplugging it). Charges, plus has audio and video if you have an iPod w/video. I've found that the cables that plug into the dock connector on the iPod have MUCH better audio quality than the ones that plug into the headphone jack.