Notices

Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ima trying to add a aftermarket sub with one sub also. so then i do neet one right? but you get wut im saing i want to take the power and other wireing stuff from the other amp ( 2 amps) or will this not work?
Old Sep 10, 2008, 09:50 PM

the best way to add a sub with your stock stereo is to get a line out converter with an aftermarket amp, and aftermarket sub. you have to run new power and ground to the aftermarket amp for it to work properly. you can use to the stock sub signal for the line out converter. the stock system is really weak. the stock amp is really small and doesn't put out much power, your better off not trying to steal anything from it, cause there not much to steal!!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

gocha
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:17 PM

does anybody knows if a 6/9 speakers will fit in with no problems or too big? I have set of 4 with nice amp and just curious if it will fit.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:30 AM

Unless those are extremely extremely high quality 6x9 I wouldn't trade them. With an aftermarket deck our stocks are great imo...Infiniti makes killer highs, I can crank mine up extremely loud without any distortion, and still hear them through my single 15...maybe I got lucky, but for everything I know about audio, I've always liked inifitiy's highs...
Old Apr 3, 2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by gary_06ralliart
the best way to add a sub with your stock stereo is to get a line out converter with an aftermarket amp, and aftermarket sub. you have to run new power and ground to the aftermarket amp for it to work properly. you can use to the stock sub signal for the line out converter. the stock system is really weak. the stock amp is really small and doesn't put out much power, your better off not trying to steal anything from it, cause there not much to steal!!
so if i do this, how would it sound vs getting an aftermarket head unit??
Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:01 AM

Is there a diagram for the firewall anywhere?? Setting up my system and need somewhere to send power wire through to battery.
Old May 6, 2009, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

whats the specs on the stock 8inch sub in the trunk? im trying to find one and the stealership is trying to kill me with the price.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flip
whats the specs on the stock 8inch sub in the trunk? im trying to find one and the stealership is trying to kill me with the price.
Do you need the part number for the stock sub or the specs (measurements, output, etc.)?
Old May 6, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HuMmInGBiRd
so if i do this, how would it sound vs getting an aftermarket head unit??
An aftermarket head unit, depending on which one you buy, is usually going to have a dramatic improvement in sound quality over the stock unit.
I run a lower end Pioneer with the stock amp to power the cabin speakers and a completely seperate circuit with another amp powering 2 Sony 12's.
The stock amp and the cabin speakers are pretty impressive when cranking the system.
Definitely need a different sub system to accent these awesome cabins.

About the dash trim for the touch screen monitor/dvd and the hvac relocation:
Contact "chowetime" for the double din surround.
As for the hvac, I heard somewhere on here that you can use that from one of the Galants. I'll have to find it and post it later.
Cheers
Old May 8, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gjgfrombigd
Do you need the part number for the stock sub or the specs (measurements, output, etc.)?
both if you have the info, would be much appreciated TIA
-Flip
Old May 12, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

just looking for the subwoofer info, like what model is it, i may have found a nice cheap one, just wanting to make sure. naw mean? TIA
-Flip
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
So I bought a HU off crutchfield with the harness but it was telling me that the harness doesn't have a ground or something so I need to find a good grounding point on the car and do it myself. Where would be a good place to ground my HU?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Bolt the ground wire into the frame or a piece of metal that's connected to the frame. The two bolts directly behind the head unit worked just fine for me.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:15 AM

I am about to take the plunge and replace my head unit (likely with this model but had a couple quick questions:

1) How much of a marked improvement will just the HU make?
2) I have not torn apart my car yet so if someone would indulge. Is the stock HU non-amplified and the factory amp is located under the passenger seat?
3) Will the stanadard harness you get from Crutchfield go directly to the amp?

Hopefully someday, if the car lasts (I have 104k on the OD now) I will replace the amp and speakers but I am trying to stick to a strict budget. But when I get to that stage:

1) Is there any good aftermarket amp that will fit in the same space as the stock amp?
2) Is the current sub enclosure worth keeping at all? I know it's recommended to just dump it but I like to keep things as stock looking as possible and not have to put money into a replacement enclosure. And to be frank I am now 35 and just want some nice responsive bass, not something to win SPL competitions.

Quick Reply: Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info