Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

question about evo7 bumper and hood

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2004, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about evo7 bumper and hood

I plan to order a evo7 front bomper(the bumper included the grill), but from the introduction, it seem that the bumper will not match the lancer oz hood.( the oz grill is on the hood, but the evo7 grill is on the FB).so does this mean I need to change the oz hood too?/
Old Jun 22, 2004, 08:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yes, but from what I hear the evolution is different then a OZ or US lancer (the body is wider and longer) you will have some custom fabrication work to do. There is a evo7 conversion kit available from www.body-kit.com

Personally Id rather buy the evo 7 peices and make them fit my car. But I dont have the $$ to order a conversion kit or do it my self. If you do get it to work PM me though. Cause Veilside makes a sick kit for the evo 7 and I may save up for that if it is close.

Cheers
Danno
Old Jun 22, 2004, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

well from what i understand from your first post, you're going to buy an oem evo 7 front bumper? if so, just like danno said, it wont work if you just want to slap it on the car. coz you will then need an evo 7 hood, fenders, headlights, etc. and a shiiitload of modding. in other words, you might as well have imported an evo 7 with the money you're gonna pay for that.

BUT, if you mean just getting the evo 7 kit [the one specifically made for our car], then that includes the front bumper WITH the replacement hood, so you don't have to use the oz hood anymore. just clarify what you really want so that we can give u better advice on what to do
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:18 AM

oh, sorry, I mean EVO7 kits. in this web site:
http://www.body-kit.com/evovii.html
I just like the front bumper , maybe I need the hood too. I am in Canada, my car is lancer oz 2003. so would that parts fit my car?? thanx
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah it will fit, and yes you need to buy the hood with it.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

oh ok.. yes, those parts will fit your car. accolade used to sell just the evo 7 front bumper that will work with the stock oz hood, but im not sure if they still do. they sell the evo 7 tech kits now that has the grill attached to the front bumper already and along with it also comes the 'evo 7 hood' [the hood that has no grill attached to it]. not sure if the evo 7 tech kit is in full production yet, but talk to 'dave@accolade' on these forums. he's the guy u wanna know .. btw, the tech kit comes with the front bumper, hood, side skirts, rear bumper, and wing..
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

well u don't necessarily have to buy the hood, das it u don't buy the grill, so if u want the whole thing, then buy everything, if you don't want the hood then don't buy the grill
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

^ huh? how can you not buy the grill if its already attached to the bumper? i know the v1 evo 7 kit by accolade had the bumper that would work with the stock oz hood and it CAME with the grill that you had to fiberglass onto the bumper if u wanted to use the new hood. there's no option to buy a grill or not, so stop confusing the guy.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Accolade's EVO7 front bumper does not come with the grill on. you have to put it on.. if you just leave it off, you can use the stock hood.

any questions.. PM dave