Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

devildevil Transfercase Dispute Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
devildevil Transfercase Dispute Thread

Sold my evo 8 shell so I have some pieces from my build for sale!

<---- Located in MN.

Jack's/Map BEAST Mode Transfercase! This is the BEST t case you can get for your evo! Rockwell 60 hardened ring and pinion, wavetrac differential, 10mm bolt conversion, and NO down time! It has about 1800 miles on it and just like the trans above, works like you just pulled it out of the box from Jack's! T cases are getting harder and harder to find as the evo ages and finding ones that arent chewed up inside are even harder to find! It took 60 days for this to return to me! Buy this t case, swap it in, and then recoup funds selling your stock unit! I can even lead you to a buyer! Asking $3300 shipped

Last edited by golgo13; Sep 19, 2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might be interested in the TC
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:43 PM

interested in t case whats ur paypa? acd or non acd
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:57 PM

non acd t case!!!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:43 PM

Bump!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 02:43 PM

pics with tcase
Old Aug 1, 2014, 03:40 PM

bump for someone who needs an awesome transmission
Old Aug 3, 2014, 08:26 PM

bump.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:46 AM

I received t case and it isn't what u advertised.plus advise asas or refund me my money asap!!!!!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:47 AM

When I asked for pics above u never placed or sent any to me.I took his word and paid for tcase. I paid 300us to ship to trinidad. I received tcase yesterday and noticed there was no led action with the shift installed.I had d tcase opened up to cheek for wave track diff. There was a stock oem open diff. Went messaged this guy he's telling me that's Wat he bought .and that d diff has some special locking mechanism(bull **** story) so I kept telling him it's supposed to have a wave track inside. And the moment I told him I opened the t case to check he changes his story that I opened it and swapped parts to scam him. I Iive Caribbean and I am grateful for honest ppl who sell there stuff to us that liveoutside .but it's ppl like this Dat always spoils a good thing.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:54 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...548-42451.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...315-42450.html
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:58 AM

Any assistance from mod we'd be appreciated. .. I paid3250 jus to avoid downtime. I can't even tell if the crown and pinion ishardened one.. I messaged Jacks and sent pics.... can anyone assist me pls
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:04 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...718-42452.html
Old Aug 13, 2014, 01:26 PM

I have been in contact with Dale.

The t case is EXACTLY how it came from jack's when they built it for me.

It is a map beast mode and ONLY comes with a wavetrac diff.

I have given him two different people to contact who dealt with me on this transfer case and who can vouch for what it is.

I SOLD HIM A TRUE MAP BEAST MODE T CASE.

I have called jack's myself and left a message. I also gave Dale the info that he could talk to them about the build.

I have a receipt coming asap from Defined Performance who i paid for the t case through. Jordan will confirm it. I was also sponsored by Modern Automotive Performance and they know me there and know the car.

Dale's text to me do not match up to what he is saying here. I will be contacting moderators for help. I have perfect feedback. why would i screw someone over? I paid thousands and thousands of dollars for these parts and they are exactly what i say they are. Feel free to contact other buyers of my parts and theyll vouch for it.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 01:44 PM

Also Dale had me ship the t case to an address in Miami. It appears he then he took it out of the country.... I can confirm slight imperfections on the outside of the case that jacks provided me from the build. I should still have pics from when i first got it from jack's and just have to charge my old phone. I can compare those to pics i took before sending it out and attempted to send to Dale. Dale said he sent me pics today and I never received them.

THE T CASE IS WHAT I STATED IT IS.

Straight cut and paste from the description of the t case and wavetrac diff from modern automotive performances website

"We will also upgrade the front LSD to the best, a Wavetrac. The Wavetrac diff is the strongest unit you can buy for the EVO T-Case and is a part you will never have to worry about breaking. For you drag racers, the Wavetrac also has an added cam inside to allow for LSD action even in a straight line!
The Wavetrac diff is the strongest unit mase for the EVO t-case. This is a part you will never have to worry about breaking or replacing again. These units utilize an added cam inside to allow for LSD action even in a straight line!" "

The underlined part is what i explained to Dale about the cam.

He told me he was turning the t case by hand with a stub shaft in it. I told him i dont think thatll allow the LSD to work properly. A lsd is NOT a locked or welded diff. It allows one tire to rotate faster then the other through corners so you dont get that tire chirping you hear on your buddies 240sx with a welded rear diff as he tries to drive it around town. Just like the girl in the movie "my cousin vinny" explains about the car hopping the curb with posi-traction.

FROM HOW STUFF WORKS:

"When an open differential does its job, it ensures the same amount of torque travels to each wheel. The amount of torque actually applied to the wheels is limited by only two factors: equipment and traction. On the equipment side of the equation, you need an engine capable of producing the power and gears up to the task of transferring it. As far as traction goes, the wheel needs to be able to grip the ground without slipping, which can occur on ice, wet roads or even on dry ones if you floor the vehicle at a standstill. But what if only one wheel is on ice or in the mud? You wind up with one wheel spinning freely over the slippery substance, while the other wheel is reduced to the same torque. In other words, you'll have one wheel spinning in the mud and one wheel not rotating at all.
Limited slip differentials use various mechanisms to allow normal differential action during turns, while also solving the problem of slippage. When one powered tire slips, the LSD transfers more torque to the nonslipping wheel. As you might imagine, this makes all the difference between escaping a ditch and having to get out and push. The more common LSDs achieve this with clutches or a fluid-filled housing. To learn all about clutch-type LSDs, viscous couplings and other differential varieties, read How Differentials Work. As with open differentials, some work between two wheels on an axle, while others work along the driveshaft between rear and front sets of powered wheels."

Quick Reply: devildevil Transfercase Dispute Thread