Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

DAMN!!! I am one LUCKY SOB!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMN!!! I am one LUCKY SOB!!!

I was cruising down the parkway yesterday, and this guy in an older M3 wanted to run me...he punched it, and so did I...I reeled him in quickly and blew right by him...unfortunately, as I blew by him, I also blew by a cop that was pulling out from a side street...when I saw the cop, I said to myself, "I'm dead", cuz we were really moving (at least 30 over)...I slowed down, but it was too late...the cop caught up to me and pulled me over...he asked for my license and registration, which I handed to him...he then proceeded to give me a royal butt chewing, telling me that he could charge me with reckless driving or even racing, and that I could have my car seized, lose my license, and even go to jail (all very true)...needless to say, I was scared...I thought for sure I was gonna at least get a speeding ticket, but he handed my license and registration back to me and said "You better slow down!" WHEW!!! As we were pulling away, he looked over and I mouthed the words, "Thank you!" and he just waved. Guess I dodged a HUGE bullet yesterday!!!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Damn dude, you got lucky. Most the cops in this area are ******. I got pulled over on PWC parkway just for passing a cop on the right... and I was going the speed limit. And you know what she said to me? "You should never pass a cop."

Where were you when this happened?

Fox
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Shingen...

The problem with your situation was the word "SHE".

Sounds like she was on a PMS power trip. SHE sounds like a total dumbass.

If a cop is going below the speed limit, it is perfectly legal to pass them.

Passing on the right? Yeah, you're not supposed to do that.

Passing a cop? You can do that.

Cabo
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds kind of like what happened to me about a year ago in my celica.. funny thing was I got a ticket and took it to court.. they couldn't I was speeding (no radar).. probably the same in your case.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:30 AM

Yeah, I think racing on the street is mindless. I often find myself in the same situation w/ some punk wanting to show me that his car's better than mine.
It's just a matter of who wants to kill an innocent bystander more or who wants to get a ticket more. I never even get a chance to really open the EVO up b/c I don't feel like either of the above two options!!
Be careful out there!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Fairfax parkway is a dangerous place to race... funny I raced a green M3 on the parkway as well.... spanked him foxbody style

There are almost ALWAYS cops somewhere on the parkway... I **** you not I saw 3 Camaro cop cars on the parkway (all in different areas) in one day. 2 of them had ppl pulled over and 1 was driving toward 66.

I got let go once... I was driving in old town manassas, from Old dominion raceway when I was 16. I took a right turn on a one way street and saw a pair of headlights coming right at me, I quickly pulled into a parking lot, turns out the headlights belonged to a crown victoria.... Yeah I got pulled over =P

He let me go though since I was a clueless teenager with no sense of direction.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

FCPD has three of the camaros, i don't know how many more there are with the other forces in the area. i know at least one is an unmarked camaro too.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

its all about attitude alot of the time. If you are nice and cool to them they will (for the most part) do the same to you. If your a dick you can 100% expect a ticket. I am sure you were probablly very respectful and polite. Or maybe he got some nookie the night before and was still in a good mood??????
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sano
its all about attitude alot of the time. If you are nice and cool to them they will (for the most part) do the same to you. If your a dick you can 100% expect a ticket. I am sure you were probablly very respectful and polite. Or maybe he got some nookie the night before and was still in a good mood??????
I dunno...he wasn't a dick or anything...didn't yell, just told me in a firm, matter-of-fact voice what could happen to me if I got charged with racing. I actually said very little, and let him do most of the talking. Honestly, I was too scared to say much.

All's well that ends well, I guess...
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Shingen
Damn dude, you got lucky. Most the cops in this area are ******. I got pulled over on PWC parkway just for passing a cop on the right... and I was going the speed limit. And you know what she said to me? "You should never pass a cop."

Where were you when this happened?

Fox
PW Parkway, between Minnieville and Smoketown
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by justchil
Sounds kind of like what happened to me about a year ago in my celica.. funny thing was I got a ticket and took it to court.. they couldn't I was speeding (no radar).. probably the same in your case.
Oh, I know he didn't get me on radar cuz he had just pulled out from a side street...that's the main thing I had going for me, and is probably why he didn't give me a ticket, even though I was obviously speeding.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

lucky bastard, lol.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

how come im never this lucky..good job dood
Old Nov 18, 2003, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah... stay away from the pwc parkway. I live just south of Woodbridge in Montclair so I drive it all the time. I am constantly worried about being pulled over, but that's cause I am overly paranoid about cops and they'll pull you over for no reason sometimes around here. Heh.

Fox
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe you should go buy a Lottery ticket, with luck like that you might hit the jackpot Good to hear you came out on the topside!!!

Quick Reply: DAMN!!! I am one LUCKY SOB!!!