Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

South holland mitsubishi pure crap!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
South holland mitsubishi pure crap!!!!!

I purchased an evo 10 on May 26th 2009. The dealership I bought the car from had this little promotion going with every Mitsubishi that you purchased; A free wash every time you stopped in, 3 free oil changes for a year or 12k miles, one free tire rotation, and a few other things I can't remember. I signed a maintenance agreement that stated I could only receive the free oil change service from that dealership. So, coming up on 3k I decided to stop into the dealership for my first free oil change. I pull into the service bay where I met by the service manager,who is a real douche bag fyi, and explained I was there for my free oil change. He says, do you have something in writing. I told him it should be in my file, but I was surprised he didn't know anything about it. I sit in the customer waiting area and 15 minutes later he returns and says that he couldn't find anything. I approach the salesman that sold me the car, before I could even say what the problem was in jumps the Sales manager. I should take time to explain that the Sales mangers had changed since I bought the car. I told the sales manger what happened and he acts as though he knows nothing about it what- so- ever....now I'm pissed. I told him I wouldn't have drove 30 something miles to a dealership to get my oil changed if I'd know it wasn't free. He says there is no paper stating anything about free oil changes so there is nothing he can do. I asked, did he remember the promotion the dealership was running...he says No..
Seeing this was getting me nowhere I left. I go home..and what do I find, the paper work about the free oil changes. I called and spoke with the sales manger. He starts to back peddle and double talk me, saying oh well just bring the car in and we'll take care of you. I said NO!! I don't want that dealership to touch my car, because they could F-it up. I called Mitsu and started a case. I think I should sue. In short...

DON'T BUY A CAR FROM SOUTH HOLLAND MITSUBISHI!!!!!
CRAP SERVICE!!!!
CRAP SALESMAN!!!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:57 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn!!! It never ends does it? I can't believe places like this stay in business.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Poor customer service, certainly. And I'm not typically one to defend dealerships.

But consider this from their perspective: you show up claiming to be entitled to a service for free that the service manager typically charges (admittedly, too much) for. The sales team, typically completely separate from the service group, can't produce any documentation for the service plan you got with the car. You have no supporting documentation with you either to help clear up the issue.

It's pretty standard to have to supply some form of proof that you're entitled to something for free; anything from a membership card, to a receipt, to an "oil change booklet" from some dealerships. You didn't have anything with you, and it was your first time showing up, unannounced. Did you ask ahead of time if you'd need to bring anything with you (at least for your first service visit), or did you assume you were "on file" with them without checking first?

It sounds to me like the dealership is honoring their deal with you, now that they have documentation of it, and you're upset because of poor customer service and threatening to sue (over what, I'm not sure).

Someone is overreacting, unless we're not getting the whole story.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Lessons learned:

1. Always get agreements in writing (seems like you did this)
2. Always bring them WITH you when trying to take advantage of said agreement. (this is where the process seems to have fallen apart).

So, let me get this straight:

Once you found documentation (which they asked you provide, which is totally understandable given the circumstances), then you called them, and then they gave you what you want, you refused it?

You realize this is the equivalent, more or less, of saying you had a coupon for some special deal but you inconveniently "left it at home" when trying to take advantage of the deal.

If you don't trust the dealership (wondering why you did in the first place... but that is another discussion) just show up (WITH the letter/invoice/whatever) and ask for 5qts of oil and a filter every 3k or 5k or whatever the factory interval is.

edit: I totally should have read logic's post before posting.

Last edited by derekste; Jul 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Suck it up and go back. Why do you feel "they could F-it up" now but not before? Sounds like an honest mistake to me.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i was shopping around the past couple of weeks for a lancer. i saw south holland's ad on craigslist on a LIFETIME FREE oil change if you purchased the car from them new. talked to a guy (cant recall his name) i gave him all the specs i wanted and he said he'd get me the car and give him a couple of days. well a couple of days go by and i call to look for him and the lady that answered the phone goes "oh he is on vacation" LOL

I ended up getting my 3rd Mitsu from Max Madsen in Aurora and couldnt be happier. I got a great deal on a used GTS and Todd Cahan is absolutely the best in handling customer complaints. I had a tiny issue with the GTS and after having been turned down by the used car manager for my request I went to Todd directly and he dealt with it to my satisfaction.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U realize its only a oil change right
Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

DONT EVER GO TO NORWOOD PARK DOGE EITHER THEY SOLD ME ****BOX EVO WITH A FAILED AIRBAG SYSTEM. THEY TOLD ME TO GET A LAWYER.

as far as the oil change i would not go back for anything even if it was free. i refuse to deal with ****bag dealerships.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

they will prob do a nice road test on your vehicle