Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Good body and paint shop in the Chicago burbs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good body and paint shop in the Chicago burbs

Hey guys, I'm looking for recommendations for a good, custom body shop in the wester suburbs of Chicago. I am planning to do some "restoration" work to my evo this year and so I'm looking around for shops to do the work. I don't just need some paint and bondo work, I need my trunk to get the holes filled and the pinch welds at the jack points to be straightened out as well. Obviously I don't want to spend a million dollars, but I want the work done right more importantly. Please let me know what you guys can recommend.

Thanks!!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 04:25 PM

I had a positive experience at A&L autobody. They only refinished a bumper for me though (so no extensive metalwork).
Old Mar 9, 2016, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthgray
I had a positive experience at A&L autobody. They only refinished a bumper for me though (so no extensive metalwork).
how much did that cost you? I have a few scuff marks on my rear bumper myself and I'm ready to get them repaired or simply get a JDM bumper.....
Old Apr 10, 2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by wacboyjulian
how much did that cost you? I have a few scuff marks on my rear bumper myself and I'm ready to get them repaired or simply get a JDM bumper.....
Haven't visited for a while and just saw your question: it was a few years ago, but by memory it was something like $420. Even under direct sunlight and close inspection, you can't tell it had been refinished. However: my car has spent most of its life indoors and only has 24k miles on it so the paint is in near-new condition without any visible sun fading (which I understand makes paint mixing much more difficult.

Last edited by stealthgray; Apr 10, 2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A&l

Look for Val. They work on exotics a lot too. They took great care of my Evo after minor accident.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

I ended up going to All Around Auto Body in Schaumburg based on the advice of Boostin performance. I met the owner, Brad, who is a real nice guy and a real car enthusiast. He apparently gets a lot of recommendations from Boostin, so I figured he does good work. He filled the holes in my trunk, fixed a couple scratches and dents and it came out great. My fiance, just picked up a '05 Magnum R/T that needs some work so we will bring that to him as well.