Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

TX2K7 Supra Nationals - ALL EVO MEMBERS INVITED TO MSR HOUSTON - March 15, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TX2K7 Supra Nationals - ALL EVO MEMBERS INVITED TO MSR HOUSTON - March 15, 2007

As many of you may remember, last year all evolutionm.net members were invited to the TX2K - Supra Nationals. As a former EVO 8 owner, I have a special place in my heart for the EVO!!!!! I would like to formally extend an invite again this year to ALL evom.net members to join us at MSR Houston on March 15, 2007. Please read below for details:

As I do every year, I make a post to track and make public those that have signed up for the road racing (driver's education) event at TX2K7. I NEED YOU ALL TO HURRY AND SIGN UP so that we do not have to cancel. We need 50 paid entrants by January 31, 2007 in order for this event to happen. Having said that, the details:

Thursday – Road Racing (Driver's Education) – like always, this event will be held on Thursday, primarily because it’s cheaper to do a track day during the week rather than during a weekend. The track day will be at the same facility as last year - MSR Houston (www.msrhouston.com). This track boasts a challenging 2.4 mile course and it's only a 50 minute drive from the host hotel. Most of the drive allows for some very spirited driving!

Just like the years past, we will have the same format that will include some sort of breakdown between beginners and advanced drivers. If you have more than 3-4 road race events under your belt and feel comfortable being at a new track in your car with no instructor (or if you ran MSR last year and feel comfortable running with the Advanced group), then please sign up for advanced. If you feel like you may need some direction, then don't hesitate to sign up for beginner. Remember, if your instructor feels like you are capable of running without instruction, he will release you to the advanced group before the end of the day. Like always, if you are interested in road racing at MSR, please send payment for $220 made payable to me.

Send check or money order. Please make your checks payable to Peter Blach and send it to:

12915 Carlaris Ct.
Houston, TX 77041

You can also use paypal to pblach@att.net
I will have to charge a paypal fee so the totals will be as follows:

Road Racing - $227.00

Also, every person signed up for this event will have the opportunity to get a "transponder" in their car to time their laps. Please read below for a summary on cost:

---$220 cash, check or money order to road race ($227 if you use paypal)

---$45 cash, check or money order to reserve a transponder ($48 if you use paypal)

---$150 cash deposit the day of the road racing if you reserved a transponder. This deposit will be given back to you in FULL when you return the transponder at the end of the day

---There are a limited number of transponders so it's first come first serve, if you pay, and do not get a transponder, you will be refunded in FULL by me personally that morning.

Paid Entrants To Date (December 1, 2006)

1. Paulo Sathler - Beginner
2. Cody Whitehead - Advanced
3. Ron Henderson - Beginner
4. Ivan Curiel - Advanced
5. Ivan Wood - Advanced
6. Richard Baratta - Advanced
7. Mark Brown - Advanced (TRANSPONDER 1)
8. Tomra Brown - Beginner
9. Jim Flewelling - Advanced
Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the invite Peter.

jeff
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:24 AM

No problem, hope all of you can show up and have some fun!
Peter
Old Dec 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor

hmmm evo's invited to a supra meet... is it possible to setup a Time Attack event there? id be willing to bring the supra and the evo if it was something that had a title to win.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

I tought Supra Nationals is all about WHP and drag time??
Old Dec 17, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Peter puts on a great event, good luck with it all!

n
Old Dec 18, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
I tought Supra Nationals is all about WHP and drag time??
nah, that's just for the ******* out of Az.......

Peter, we need to go for and wings soon. Or do you ever get out of the house anymore???? B.A.D.

Last edited by dubbleugly01; Dec 18, 2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:06 PM

Greg - read my post above, there is the potential to get a transponder, if we get 15 committed I will put up prize money to the fastest 2 cars that day along with trophies.

Ang - no, my event is and always has been a motorsports event for all cars, with a focus on the Supra. I would love to have EVO's at the road course and drag day.

nils - thanks bud! Wish you could make it...

dubble - who are you? Is this who I think it is? Mr. T51? BD?

Peter
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

.. It cant be. That guy was just a figment of our imagination.

jeff
Old Dec 18, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

ha ha.. I remember you BD!!... godfather of big snail mkiv!

talk about bringing memories back...

n

Last edited by nils; Dec 18, 2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nils
ha ha.. I remember you BD!!... godfather of big snail mkiv!

talk about bringing memories back...

n
yeah, I remember you guys to, hard to believe with as many brain cells that have been burned since then. That seems like a different lifetime.... back when we tuned with VPC's and eprom's. That supra added 5 yrs. to my retirement date with all the crap I blew up. Man those were the days.

Talked to Dave M. and Noel S. a month or two ago, talking about rolling to Vegas to see how much trouble we can get into. Wanna go????

Sorry for the OT, back on subject. I spoke with Peter, he's got me 95% convinced to take the Evo to this event. I'd obviously be in the novice class, not like you guys, but I bet I can get my instructor to scream for his/her mama, or slap me upside the head for being a dork!
Old Dec 18, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by swordfish
.. It cant be. That guy was just a figment of our imagination.

jeff
Yeah, and we'll be hallucinating together on Jan. 20, about being at some damn dyno day in Houston/Engine Logics. Beats driving to Florida!
Old Dec 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

I linked this thread into the regional section just in case some people from the area missed it.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=240694
Old Dec 18, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
yeah, I remember you guys to, hard to believe with as many brain cells that have been burned since then. That seems like a different lifetime.... back when we tuned with VPC's and eprom's. That supra added 5 yrs. to my retirement date with all the crap I blew up. Man those were the days.
ha ha.. lol... I clearly remember my old VPC/GCC combo.... what a trip. How much everything has advanced since then, its nuts.

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
Talked to Dave M. and Noel S. a month or two ago, talking about rolling to Vegas to see how much trouble we can get into. Wanna go????
hit me up on pm anytime...

Kidzzzzz.... you guys are looking at a straight up OG Supra gangsta.... first in US with a t51r on a 2JZ.....

sorry, that was kinda offtopic.... go TX2K7!!

n
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by houstonT
Greg - read my post above, there is the potential to get a transponder, if we get 15 committed I will put up prize money to the fastest 2 cars that day along with trophies.
man im from SC you know we cant read in this state. I checked out Grand Am and we could make it. just dont know how them supra boys would feel about loosing to a 4 door.

Quick Reply: TX2K7 Supra Nationals - ALL EVO MEMBERS INVITED TO MSR HOUSTON - March 15, 2007