Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2014 Climb to the Clouds :) press release.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Talking 2014 Climb to the Clouds :) press release.

http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/clim...title-sponsor/

QUOTE:

"Pinkham, Notch, NH – Officials with the Sports Car Club of New Hampshire and the Mt. Washington Auto Road located in Pinkham Notch, New Hampshire, announced today that the legendary Mt. Washington Hillclimb will be returning June 26-29, 2014, due in part to the generous help from Subaru of America.

Organized and sanctioned by the Sports Car Club of New Hampshire, the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb will be a 3-day motorsports festival including a 75-car competition field filled with some of the best drivers from around North America and the world as well as a contingent of rare vintage race cars.

Also known as the “Climb to the Clouds”, the Mt. Washington Hillclimb is one of America’s oldest motorsports events, first run in July, 1904, seven years before the first 500-mile race at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway and twelve years prior to the inaugural Pikes Peak Hillclimb in Colorado. The Climb to the Clouds was run sporadically from 1904-1961, then not again until 1990 when it was run consistently until 2001. Following a ten-year hiatus, the Mt. Washington Hillclimb returned in 2011 as part of the 150th anniversary celebration of the Mt. Washington Auto Road which first opened on August 8, 1861."

i hope it is true and i will be accepted again. Hands down one of the best road and race i ever had in the USA.

The organizers, did a great job last time (2011) great drivers , insane cars, beautiful scenery , and very challenging narrow tricky road spiced with jumps - multi surface - dry and wet condition a same time + good to the worst visibility....

If you want to challenge your driving skill here is your chance to test your limit for sure.

Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the greatest new i have heard in a long time. This is one of the most epic hillclimbs in the country. Along with being one of the oldest races in the country. I highly recommend this event as a spectator, driver, crew or even a volunteer. You will not be disappointed!

See you there Rob!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 01:34 PM

Yeah

Hope to be there having fun and working on kars.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:42 AM
Evolved Member

Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn. I'm definitely coming to watch you guys run! I'm only about an hour and a half from this event.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Top Gear UK:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/c...rns-2013-08-01
Old Aug 26, 2013, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

I'm excited for this, although PPIHC happens to fall on the same weekend, so don't expect to see alot of the big name guys. Hope to see some Evo's for sure
Old Aug 26, 2013, 07:57 PM

Nice!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Great Vid. I would have to decline to be co-driver to Travis. That boy is truly fast & truly dangerous

Always hoped he would really excel & be top in whatever discipline he chose

Rally Driving = Iron Stones
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

This just turned very interesting. (not sure if its in a good way or not!) It is going to make getting accepted to run a challange.

http://rally-america.com/news/entry/...ca-national-ch

I would bet you see Block, Higgins, L'Estage and Pastrana battle in this event. Maybe event a few more top names in the US.

Last edited by jerdeitzel; Nov 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

well I think in 2012 Subaru America /rally america/Vermont sports car didn't like the rally podium

I hope they will accept me again. I can't wait to run against these guys. even if I finish last.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

How about a little help from for you guys to be able to do it again!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
How about a little help from for you guys to be able to do it again!
neh Jeremy no one cares.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

So we can not run the 2014 Mt Washington hillclimb, here is why:

In 2011 we were faster then some RA drivers who were at that event including a multiple champion Chris Duplessis . Based on that I thought we kind of qualified for this event. Besides the fact we won the 2011 Rally category front of all the rally cars who entered.
So last year 11 national team completed the whole 2013 RA events according to A. Green. The hillclimb organiztaion held up 20 spots for the Top Rally America rally cars . I got this email from the Event director, the early morning when the registration started:

"Sunday - December 1, 2013

Good morning Robert,

I thought I'd take a moment to follow up on Howard's earlier E-mail to you. As he stated in his E-mails, both rally classes this year will be filled with invited drivers/co-drivers from the Rally America National Championship. Therefore, we have reserved up to 20 spots for them in R1 & R2 to fill with their top national teams from across North America.

That said, we felt that the opportunity to have the Rally America National Championship support the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb as an Invitational & points event for their top 20 national teams was a unique opportunity that we as an organization had to embrace. Please know that it was a difficult decision for our group to make knowing full-well that many regional rally teams would not be able to compete in 2014. But, we also felt that many of the regional rally teams who competed in this event previously would also welcome the opportunity to watch some of these top rally teams compete in a setting that is far different than a 'normal' stage rally.

Also, please know that because Rally America is with us in 2014 does NOT mean that they will be with us the next time we organize this legendary event. We are looking at this particular event as a unique opportunity to bring some of the absolute best rally teams from all over North America to what is referred to by many as the most technical automotive hillclimb in the world to test their skills and equipment.

Again, we apologize for you not being able to compete in the rally class in the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb - we hope you understand why we made the difficult decision we did. We also hope you'll give serious consideration to entering your beautiful Mitsubishi in either the Open Class or one of our Hillclimb classes (H4?). But, as Howard correctly mentioned in his earlier E-mails, you will not be able to compete using a co-driver like you did in 2011. Thank you in advance for your understanding, we hope to see you in June!

Sincerely,
"
And yes we do understand .

this is a best part:

"But, we also felt that many of the regional rally teams who competed in this event previously would also welcome the opportunity to watch some of these top rally teams compete in a setting that is far different than a 'normal' stage rally.
"
I am allowed to watch

Last edited by Robevo RS; Dec 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
This just turned very interesting. (not sure if its in a good way or not!) It is going to make getting accepted to run a challange.

http://rally-america.com/news/entry/...ca-national-ch

I would bet you see Block, Higgins, L'Estage and Pastrana battle in this event. Maybe event a few more top names in the US.
Jeremy, most likely L'astege ( runs mitsubishi Evo multiple rally champ) will not run it, since he will have a Canadian Rally Championship on the same day... So either in Canada he will loose points or in the USA. Both places he is the biggest enemy for Subaru.
So most likely only the Subaru and the Ford big guns will have a chance to run the event.

( Rally America and Vermont sport car are involved hugely in Subaru and Ford Motorsport , if someone doesnt know it yet)

Quick Reply: 2014 Climb to the Clouds :) press release.