Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

To anyone that didn't make the meet last night (read this even if you did)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To anyone that didn't make the meet last night (read this even if you did)

We talked about a couple things that I wanted to get some more input on from the group:

Moving the Tuesday meet
We talked about it last month too, but it looks like we're gonna get the shaft each time and get crammed into the small room. Plus I'm thinking people are tired of BBQ

Someone mentioned Rosa's in Flower Mound. Someone else mentioned Fuddruckers in Grapevine.

If you know of a place that either has a patio or a room or an area we can use for the meet that would be swell. We prefer a place that has counter ordering (like Fuddruckers, BBQ, Taco Cabana, Rosas, etc.) because it's less of a headache than dealing with waitresses.

Get the info to me or post it or call them and see if they'd want 15-25 cars coming in and supporting their business.

North Monthly Meets
We're doing the Coffee and Cars meet on 5/30 (see the thread/schedule thread). This may be the home for the North meet (although it's early on a Saturday morning). I think more likely we'll get something planned for the first weekend of the month in Frisco/Plano/McKinney/Lewisville area. We'll see how the Coffee and Cars meet goes.

Don Herring Parts Discount
I picked up some parts from Don Herring and the NTEC discount was significant. If you need OEM parts, make sure you talk to them first. You can email Dan @ Don Herring: dann@donherring.com if you prefer to do it that way (or you can stop in or call).

Aftermarket Parts from Evolution Dynamics
Now Evolution Dynamics can order parts as well as put them on for you! Talk to Lauren (the prettier part of Evolution Dynamics) at evodynamics@gmail.com about what you need and she'll see if she can order it for you.

Evolution Dynamics Open House
Tentatively scheduled for June some time. Keep your eyes open, but if Kevin keeps having 8+ cars at the shop we may never see this

CHL class
6-7 people expressed interest. I'm tracking down the info of the guy my business partner used and I'll try and get something scheduled.

Track Day at ECR
I'm trying to organize another track day in early October (trying to work around other motorsports schedules and Krisiun's wedding plans). Feel free to organize something before that if you want
Old May 20, 2009, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Is there maybe a sandwich shop with a patio or something? A little healthier couldn't hurt us
Old May 20, 2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
firehouse is pretty good...
Old May 20, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

I think we should still find a place in Irving area. This more central for everyone that is showing up. I will try and look around this weekend and see if I can find a few places that have a big parking lot and counter ordering.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 666 EVO
I think we should still find a place in Irving area. This more central for everyone that is showing up. I will try and look around this weekend and see if I can find a few places that have a big parking lot and counter ordering.
firehouse subs:

MACARTHUR PARK
7601 N. Macarthur, Suite 140
Irving, TX 75063
Phone: 972.373.8500
Fax: 972.373.8501

Store Hours:
Monday-Sunday 10:30-9:00

Last edited by Shimanchu; May 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

I was brainstorming about this the other night. Now I know I'm never there cause I'm in Houston, but would it be a good idea to maybe have about 4 resturants that we rotate. Maybe for two months we go to Spring Creek, then the next two months go to Firehouse subs, then the next two months go to Rosa's, then the next two months go to Fuddruckers, then repeat the cycle all over again. Just an idea. But I know the hard part will be for everyone to decide on the three other places other than Spring Creek. That way, you guys never get tired of eating the same type of food.

Also, I have been researching buffet type places in the Irving area, the only thing I really get is Chinese food buffets (I'm sure there is more, but I just did a quick search). Not knowing how sensitive NTEC stomachs are, that could be a suggestion.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

with don herring are they gonna ask a proff if im really an NTEC member. how many % is the discount.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

How do you prove you're an NTEC member? You have or have owned an Evo. Just ask for the discount. But you really should come out to a meet some time!

Don said the discount is 15%. Maybe it depends on the part. Just ask if you're looking. It can't hurt!
Old May 21, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
How do you prove you're an NTEC member? You have or have owned an Evo. Just ask for the discount. But you really should come out to a meet some time!

Don said the discount is 15%. Maybe it depends on the part. Just ask if you're looking. It can't hurt!
actually im planning to join the meet but unfortunately my is still at the bodyshop. 15% is not bad at all.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry now that I reread my response, I meant to say "Don said 15%, but I think it might have been higher on the part I ordered."
Old May 21, 2009, 01:29 PM

Springcreek is overpriced and has gotten me sick the last two times I have eaten there. For me any place is better than there.
Old May 21, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

i hope i have me my miata for the evo track day in october
Old May 21, 2009, 06:52 PM

Firehouse at MacArthur sounds good , never been there but heard its good.
Old May 22, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Speed, is that a Rotor Glow X?
Old May 22, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
firehouse subs is pretty good!

Quick Reply: To anyone that didn't make the meet last night (read this even if you did)