Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

AutoX in Tri-Cities WA October 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoX in Tri-Cities WA October 1 and 2

Trying to get this up in plenty of time for those that are interested.

On Saturday October 1 the race will be an "enduro". You will get one practice lap and then three consecutive timed laps without a break inbetween (you don't even come off of the track). A more detailed explanation is below. The race will be held at Tri-Cities raceway - guaranteed to be at least the top of 2nd if not mid way through 3rd in a couple of spots.

Sunday's event is a normal autox on the same course run in the opposite direction.

Club information and registration info at: http://www.ssscc.org/2005/05schedule.html

We have capped the number of cars at 85. Registration has only been open a couple of days and we already have 21 entrants.

SSSCC 2005 Events 9 & 10 - Autumn Drift.
Saturday - Enduro autocross
Sunday - Traditional autocross

Enduro defined:
An enduro autocross is identical in every aspect to a traditional autocross except for you take all of your runs consecutively without stopping between laps. The starter will send you out on course, and you will drive the entire course once without passing through the timing lights. This is considered the warm up lap. At the end of the warm up lap you pass thru the lights to start one of three individually timed laps. When you have finished your final lap, you will exit the course and park your car in your pit spot. There is only one car on course and penalties are calculated the same as a normal event. Your fastest single lap will determine your ranking in your class. Everyone will have two, 3 lap competitive runs. One in the morning, and one in the afternoon.

The day will run a bit diferently than usual:

There will be no official lunch break. You will have ample down time when you are not working to eat and socialize. We intend to barbeque, as usual, over a period of time so that everyone has the opportunity to eat.

Grid locations and run orders will be assigned. We will be marking parking spaces in the grid area. Cars will be assigned one of those parking spaces.

Worker's and drivers will swap places without a break in the competition. We will announce when the first half of the morning session is almost complete. At that time, finished drivers will head out to relieve the current workers. Same thing will happen in the afternoon.

Helpful Tips for a good Enduro:

Show up early and walk the course until you really know it. It is much more important to get an enduro course in your head. The only chance you get to learn the course at speed is your warm up lap. If you get lost and miss gates, you will not have the opportunity to ask anyone for help or study a course map. You will have to figure it out while your driving or risk ruining all your runs.

Remember to breath!!! Believe it or not, many people don't breath while they are doing a trpical autocross lap. Well, that's just fine for 35-50 seconds, but I doubt very many people can get away with that for the 4-5 minutes of an enduro.

Plan on your tires getting hot. If you start your warm up lap with tires that are already inflated to the perfect grip pressure, they may heat up beyond that optimal range and you could find yourself losing grip each lap.

Watch the finish flagger. Each time you cross through the lights, there will be a flagger in your field of vision with a finish flag. That person will tell you when to pull off. If the timing people had a problem and you have a single lap re-run coming, the flagger may send you on an additional lap. And, if you fail to pull off when the flagger tells you to, it will result in a DNF for your FASTEST lap.

Don't stop for a downed cone. If it's down, you knocked it over. If you're on your warm up lap, a downed cone doesn't matter anyway.

EVENTS SCHEDULE:
7:00 Gates Open / Course open for walking.
7:30 Registration open.
8:30 Registration closes.
9:00 Driver's Meeting
9:30 Runs begin

Here is the course map. The oval is 1/2 mile long
Attached Thumbnails AutoX in Tri-Cities WA October 1 and 2-map-events-9-10-small.jpg  
Old Sep 13, 2005, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

looks like a riot, great course layout, and it's huge and looks quick. i may see if i could make it.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

looks like a riot, great course layout, and it's huge and looks quick. i may see if i could make it.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

I will be there
Old Sep 14, 2005, 06:56 AM

Too bad it's so far away from me. Down in Medford they run a enduro on this track.
http://ssccmedford.com/index.php?opt...d=15&Itemid=44
Old Sep 14, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This sounds like it might be alot of fun!! Great course!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

I might try to make it as my first auto-x!