Notices

Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2013, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
7mm spacer is not big enough to have a pressed in stud. so you would need extended lugs with a spacer without studs pressed in.

If anyone does not know what I am reffering to this is what it looks like

Like I said the spacer bolts to the OEM studs, then the Wheel bolts to the Studs prepressed into the spacer. I hope this helps. I will put mine on and show you guys the install process when i do. That way everyone is on the same page.

Hopefully they are compatiable with our wheels. Some OEM and aftermarket wheels you cannot use this type of spacer on.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must be really wide or be running 225's. All the fender rolling in the world would not allow me to put 20mm spacers and run 265 wide. Must have wide body kit. Damn those things are beefy!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok so i installed the 20mm front and rear on one side to see how they looked and it def widens the stance and brings the wheels out flush this is the only pic I have right now so bare with me.

Once i pick up another set of 20mm spacers I will get some more pics and post up how it handles compared to stock.

Yes stock tires. Grazzo77 what car are you running these on? if its not a outlander sport then its not comparable until someone has a fully adjustable suspension to set it down on stock wheels or wider tires. I will get more sometime soo and if people are interested I can talk to my local shop about group buy packages for them.

On a side note I wrapped my fogs in yellow vinyl, now they will extra yellow since i already have 3k yellow fog lights now yellow wrapped lights. Now I have protection from rocks.... I already have a crack in my driverside DRL led from a rock. Debating on wrapping them in smoked or yellow as well.

Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

OMG. I guess I was so confused. So sorry for commenting. I would have thought we were talking about Evos. What was I thinking?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so i installed the 20mm front and rear on one side to see how they looked and it def widens the stance and brings the wheels out flush this is the only pic I have right now so bare with me.

Once i pick up another set of 20mm spacers I will get some more pics and post up how it handles compared to stock.

Yes stock tires. Grazzo77 what car are you running these on? if its not a outlander sport then its not comparable until someone has a fully adjustable suspension to set it down on stock wheels or wider tires. I will get more sometime soo and if people are interested I can talk to my local shop about group buy packages for them.

On a side note I wrapped my fogs in yellow vinyl, now they will extra yellow since i already have 3k yellow fog lights now yellow wrapped lights. Now I have protection from rocks.... I already have a crack in my driverside DRL led from a rock. Debating on wrapping them in smoked or yellow as well.

Are you referring to a group buy for just 20mm spacers? Any chance on a group buy for 10mm?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I can see what they offer. 15-20mm would be fine imo on the stock size wheel and tire. 15mm may be perfect for most. 10mm i dont know if you can get ones with studs pressed in, so extended studs may need to be installed.

These spacers were designed for a evo 8 or 9 if you guys are looking around for the right size.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

I can see what they offer. 15-20mm would be fine imo on the stock size wheel and tire. 15mm may be perfect for most. 10mm i dont know if you can get ones with studs pressed in, so extended studs may need to be installed.

These spacers were designed for a evo 8 or 9 if you guys are looking around for the right size.
I see..
Didn't mean to buck the system and make it difficult - for myself with having to find extended studs

Well then let's see what the price will be for a group buy on your 20mm's.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

I can def get different size spacers i believe they have 10, 15, 20, 25mm spacers. I will try to talk with them this week. But on a side note, Any spacer designed for a evo 8 or 9 will fit the outlander sport.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:30 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
here's some EVO IX spacers

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/categor..._Adapters.html
Old Apr 28, 2013, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

they are priced decent but i'm trying to get them around $120-$140 for a complete set of 4!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 07:19 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah, I was just googling and found that site, figured I'd pass it on.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

well I talked to the shop and it looks like they are $200 for a full set of 4 shipped in the US. they offere 15,20,and 25mm packages. If I can get up there this week i will pick mine up and get them on the car. Now I am on the search for a few other things!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grazzo77
You must be really wide or be running 225's. All the fender rolling in the world would not allow me to put 20mm spacers and run 265 wide. Must have wide body kit. Damn those things are beefy!
Not at all true. For the last three years and like 40k miles I have been running just springs (tein, they suck, super low), 17x9.5 rpf1s, 20mm spacers, and 265 Z1s with stock, flipped bolts -2 F and -1.5 R. Rear fenders are done, front are OEM. Not a problem.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 06:29 AM

I ran 20mm spacers on my genesis all the way around for the whole time i had stock wheels so like 40k, and i was lowered on coilovers. ssafe to run as long as they are torqued properly!
^^ Exactly
I had 17mm front and 20mm rear on my A4 which sat on coilovers. If it's done correctly there should be no problems.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would say only use a very small spacer if you wheels can not fit over your brake calipers... Try and get the right fitment on the wheels so you wont have to use spacers at all. It is really just another part you have to worry about failing, and it happens to be on the roting mass of you rims which is not the greatest idea.
Hub centric are the best on the market and i have used them on a few vehicals with success in the past, but i have also had friends BUY larger "off brand" spacers and seen the fail do to the studs sheering off under stress.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers