Notices

Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel spacers

What do you guys think of wheel spacers on our stock wheels? and if its safe running them on our cars. just a random thought
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:35 PM

A mild spacer is rarely a danger, should be just fine. You can't get much wider, however, without throwing rocks and so forth all over your car...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:12 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I concur with speddmn.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
I concur with speddmn.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I had thought about this also.

Wasn't sure if there's specific hub-centric spacers out there for our O.Sports yet, or will generic ones be fine?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

^^ this
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
I had thought about this also.

Wasn't sure if there's specific hub-centric spacers out there for our O.Sports yet, or will generic ones be fine?
Not sure if there are hub-centric spacers out there or not but given the option always go hub-centric! Our wheels/lugs are tapered so centering isnt the issue it could be on, say, an old mustang wheel but there's still a chance you could line everything up out of whack if you don't know what you're doing.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Just a quick follow up on this subject..

I was wondering if anyone can confirm > Is the 2011-2013 Lancers' (stock wheel) lugnut bolt pattern exactly the same as our O.Sports?

Last edited by mRVRsport; Apr 23, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

yes it should be if the wheels on those lancers actually look almost identical to ours then yeah
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a set of 20mm spacers i had on my evo and my genesis, I am going to try them and see how it looks, if its all good then I may buy another set. I will post up a pic when i get it done. I was going to do it this past weekend but had issues come up.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

^
Thank you. That would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Extended wheel studs!!!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grazzo77
Extended wheel studs!!!
you dont need extended wheels studs with certain spacers. Mine are hubcentric, with pressed in studs. So basically you bolt the spacer to the existing studs, then you bolt the wheel to the spacer studs. I will test my 20mm up front and in the back either tonight or this weekend and I will post before and after pics. I may also have a line on spacers from a shop around here and possible be able to get a group buy together once I find the perfect sizing spacers if anyone is interested for the stock wheels and ride height.

Once you lower your car this will be different and depending on how its lowered and with different wheels modifications will be needed. My spacers are sitting in my car I just havent had a chance to test fit them.

I ran 20mm spacers on my genesis all the way around for the whole time i had stock wheels so like 40k, and i was lowered on coilovers. ssafe to run as long as they are torqued properly!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
you dont need extended wheels studs with certain spacers. Mine are hubcentric, with pressed in studs. So basically you bolt the spacer to the existing studs, then you bolt the wheel to the spacer studs. I will test my 20mm up front and in the back either tonight or this weekend and I will post before and after pics. I may also have a line on spacers from a shop around here and possible be able to get a group buy together once I find the perfect sizing spacers if anyone is interested for the stock wheels and ride height.

Once you lower your car this will be different and depending on how its lowered and with different wheels modifications will be needed. My spacers are sitting in my car I just havent had a chance to test fit them.

I ran 20mm spacers on my genesis all the way around for the whole time i had stock wheels so like 40k, and i was lowered on coilovers. ssafe to run as long as they are torqued properly!
I run 7mm and they are Hubcentric as well but before upgrading to extended wheel studs I only was on 4 threads. I wouldn't drive on the street like that not to mention the track. I would say it depends a lot on the setup.

Last edited by grazzo77; Apr 25, 2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

7mm spacer is not big enough to have a pressed in stud. so you would need extended lugs with a spacer without studs pressed in.

If anyone does not know what I am reffering to this is what it looks like

Like I said the spacer bolts to the OEM studs, then the Wheel bolts to the Studs prepressed into the spacer. I hope this helps. I will put mine on and show you guys the install process when i do. That way everyone is on the same page.

Hopefully they are compatiable with our wheels. Some OEM and aftermarket wheels you cannot use this type of spacer on.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers